Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Not under Hickman's oversight, they won't. That was his ironclad guarantee. Bad case is that he stays on the line as long as Slott on "Spider-Man" or longer. Worst case for you, he shoots for a Claremont-long X-tenure.
    Hickman said that he would put the toys back in the box at the end of his story and honestly I dont see this plot lasting more than 2 years or three. Out of this forum the discontent is greater in every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Hickman said that he would put the toys back in the box at the end of his story and honestly I dont see this plot lasting more than 2 years or three. Out of this forum the discontent is greater in every issue.
    That is not what he said.

Hickman has a plan B to reset things if sales go wrong. Well for now X-men is doing well, but he usually stays 3 years maximum on books.
    I didn't read about readers not being content with Dox books, interesting. Where are your sources?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman has a plan B to reset things if sales go wrong. Well for now X-men is doing well, but he usually stays 3 years maximum on books.
    I didn't read about readers not being content with Dox books, interesting. Where are your sources?
    Reddit, all I read is that DoX has loose all the things that make people invested in HoX/PoX.

Astonishing Member

Are you reading X-force, Marauders or Exaclibur? Because all that series have characters ideaologies about how the mutants are supreme and should take over the world at the first chance. In the X-force preview at least three members of the Council wanted to begin a killing spree against humanity. That means a quarter of the goverment.
    In Excalibur a representative of the goverment of Krakoa is plotting to conquer other dimensions .
    And in Marauders another representative of the goverment of Krakoa stealing money to the state and plotting to take over the most important Krakoan company.
    The corruption of Krakoa is already spreading
    I think those are the dynamics that make the current set up interesting. There are some repugnant mutants on Krakoa and with the X-Men willingly bringing them into the fold, a lot of the narrative is gonna focus on how they create chaos while the good guys try to advance mutantdom as a whole. I’m perfectly willing to admit that it requires a bit of ignoring past characterization but at the very least some books seem to be taking the premise and actually doing something worthwhile it.

Lmao planting a portal is another dimension isnt “conquering” it. The Council’s specifically talking about striking against the clandestine organization who assassinated Xavier. And I’m not even sure what you’re trying to say with Marauders.

Make a list of who haven’t been seen on Krakoa yet. Where do they stand?

Skein
    Poltergeist
    Link
    Derrick
    Vincente
    Nekra
    Mandrill
    Whirlwind
    Needle
    Skids
    Phantazia
    Darkstar
    Vanguard
    Ursa Major
    Lightbright
    Kylun
    Micromax
    Flashback
    Pathway
    Persuasion
    Max Rocker
    Ivich
    Alexander Flynn
    Tick Tock
    Adam Berman
    Siphon

I don't know who almost any of those are. Its a problem when every single A and B lister is gung-ho about this with only a couple of 'not sure if I trust that total monster' lines.

Reddit, all I read is that DoX has loose all the things that make people invested in HoX/PoX.
    Do you have a link or another source for that? Because so far sales have been pretty good.

It is a lot easier to go along with things when they have tried to genocide your people off face the planet.

BANNED

Largely thanX to the machinations of a SERIOUSLY desperate Moira X, Mutants are FINALLY taking their destiny into their own hands, in order to insure their own survival. As opposed to the long-held, heretofore practice of obediently following some unspoken rule placed on them by oppressive humans, of do as we say/not as we do, in hopes of things getting better once they're deigned worthy enough by TPTB.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Largely thanX to the machinations of a SERIOUSLY desperate Moira X, Mutants are FINALLY taking their destiny into their own hands, in order to insure their own survival. As opposed to the long-held, heretofore practice of obediently following some unspoken rule placed on them by oppressive humans, of do as we say/not as we do, in hopes of things getting better once they're deigned worthy enough by TPTB.
    That's a very cynical outlook, plus one that I'm not sure is remotely accurate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    … All that "any press is good press" notion is a product of a by gone era. These days bad press is bad press period.
    Nope, it's more true now, than ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    … one that I'm not sure is remotely accurate.
    It is to the fictional story being told, and the ones that have been historically, within this fantastical lore. What are Mutants doing now that humans aren't, haven't, and apparently, will continue to do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It is to the fictional story being told, and the ones that have been historically, within this fantastical lore. What are Mutants doing now that humans aren't, haven't, and apparently, will continue to do?
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand? Can you explain that a bit better?