Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I have never seen people demand that the X-mansion be covered with "nuance", I have been a fan for years I have never seen fans demand that a true counter balance to Xavier dream be presented, In fact we are probably at this point because reasonable alternatives to the X-men were never presented. But this isn't really about nuance this about some people feeling that Krakoa should be seen as bad thing and they want their fears to be validated. Over those points are showing up in stories and over and over they are being answer with "Krakoa is flawed but fine" not "Krakoa is evil".

Basically people are asking for the X-mansion to be proven to be "evil or bad" and the story doesn't care to do that because the X-men stories has never care to do that. And some day Krakoa will come to end but it won't be because Krakoa is a bad thing it will be because some writer wants to tell new status quo just like when the X-men moved to Limbo, Australia, Utopia and now Krakoa. Krakoa won't be changed because of some inherent flaw with it. The X-men didn't move from the mansion to San Francisco because the X-men line or story was flawed. Krakoa will fail because they will want to tell a new story and have new status quo so fans don't get tired of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have never seen people demand that the X-mansion be covered with "nuance", I have been a fan for years I have never seen fans demand that a true counter balance to Xavier dream be presented, In fact we are probably at this point because reasonable alternatives to the X-men were never presented. But this isn't really about nuance this about some people feeling that Krakoa should be seen as bad thing and they want their fears to be validated. Over those points are showing up in stories and over and over they are being answer with "Krakoa is flawed but fine" not "Krakoa is evil".

Basically people are asking for the X-mansion to be proven to be "evil or bad" and the story doesn't care to do that because the X-men stories has never care to do that. And some day Krakoa will come to end but it won't be because Krakoa is a bad thing it will be because some writer wants to tell new status quo just like when the X-men moved to Limbo, Australia, Utopia and now Krakoa. Krakoa won't be changed because of some inherent flaw with it. The X-men didn't move from the mansion to San Francisco because the X-men line or story was flawed. Krakoa will fail because they will want to tell a new story and have new status quo so fans don't get tired of the X-men.
    Yas! The one post that makes the most sense
    GrindrStone(D)

It must be thought that Xavier's Dream, as originally narrated, was still a projection of how white men thought that minorities should treat racism.

It was never ideal, however well intended. It is naive to think that issues such as racism are going to be treated the same in the 70s / 80s as in 2020, no matter how well they intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It must be thought that Xavier's Dream, as originally narrated, was still a projection of how white men thought that minorities should treat racism.

It was never ideal, however well intended. It is naive to think that issues such as racism are going to be treated the same in the 70s / 80s as in 2020, no matter how well they intended.
    Now THAT is a good take. Xavier's actions and opinions have always been colored by his being an uber privileged rich white guy, and he was/is largely written by white guys as well. But then on that point, does that reading of Xavier's character effect how we should see Krakoa?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Now THAT is a good take. Xavier's actions and opinions have always been colored by his being an uber privileged rich white guy, and he was/is largely written by white guys as well. But then on that point, does that reading of Xavier's character effect how we should see Krakoa?
    In fairness, it’s now apparent that Xavier was always talking out of both sides of his mouth. His endgame was always the same as Erik and Moira’s, he just thought that he could convince Man to willingly step into their own collective grave

I’m not saying that, in the context of Marvel, he’s wrong. Just that such an approach is nearly as detached from reality as previous approach to respectability politics

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Boring As Sh!t lol

You know I try with the greater Marvel U, I really do. Yet it only seems to matter to me when the X-men are involved. I casually drift away, love the films tho.