Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Only because the Psycho Rangers were built with data based on their matching color coded target (kinda like DC's Prometheus), and they didn't have info on him.

But once they knew him and Silver started fighting them alongside the other Rangers, he fared just as badly as the rest of the team towards the later parts of the arc.
    Sounds like the Retro Rangers will have that advantage then, save Adam

I wonder how the original rangers would do. With Tommy as well as either the Green or White Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Sounds like the Retro Rangers will have that advantage then, save Adam
    There is that, yes. But it should be noted that while they were optimized to fight their double (i.e. Psycho Red vs. Space Red) perfectly, they're still able to fight non-corresponding Rangers properly, just not with such as overwhelmingly. So Psycho Red is expected to dominate Space Red, but though Psycho Red would be less effective against the other four Rangers, he can still lay plenty of damage to them nonetheless. They still dominated the Galaxy Rangers, whom the Psycho Rangers were never designed to fight and thus had no data on.

The Space Rangers were once able to fight the Psycho Rangers more evenly by tricking them into fighting the wrong colors, so they had an element of surprise. But even then it wasn't a surefire win (and this was only the middle of the arc).

Something I'm thinking the Retro Rangers would need is to utilize abilities and powers that the Space Rangers normally don't have, i.e. the Blue Wind Ranger's water control or the aforementioned super modes or Green Mystic Ranger's magic powers. Otherwise, it would be fighting the Psycho Rangers on their turf and that would be a losing battle (like the Wind Rangers love using their superspeed compared to other ranger teams, but so do the Psycho Rangers, and so Blue going for a speedblitz isn't going to get her very far).
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-18-2019 at 02:46 PM.