Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 169
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's not an issue. That's the point. Uncanny is largely irrelevant. We don't need to see the journey because it's not that important.

    And come on now...this isn't an AU we went through all this with HoX. This is the 616 not some alternate future that's gonna SUDDENLY be reset years down the line. This is the current X-Men universe. Get used to it.
    No, I disagree, I think it is important; it's a massive shift in the status quo, if anything it's more important now to show even a glimpse of how some characters got from A to B in terms of thinking because it further informs why what's going on now is so important and gives us all proper context for how the characters are feeling/thinking.

    If anything, it's just lazy to hand-wave it away and unhelpful; it won't help readers who feel that disconnect in any way and, therefore, won't stop wonderings about how/when/if this new direction will deviate.

  2. #62
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Aren’t mutants going to wonder how they died? Will they be okay with having their memory tampered with? What if they were ripped from heaven or some other afterlife? What if they don’t like Krakoa? Reintegrating into the human world will be dangerous and cost money they don’t have.

    Look, I like Hox/Pox and the idea of resurrection. I just think on a human level it’s really messy and complicated and I’d like to see at least one mutant be like ‘what the f*** is this? I wish I was still dead!’
    They can't be ripped from Heaver or any afterlife, as they are the souls copies. They were copied hile they were on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No, I disagree, I think it is important; it's a massive shift in the status quo, if anything it's more important now to show even a glimpse of how some characters got from A to B in terms of thinking because it further informs why what's going on now is so important and gives us all proper context for how the characters are feeling/thinking.

    If anything, it's just lazy to hand-wave it away and unhelpful; it won't help readers who feel that disconnect in any way and, therefore, won't stop wonderings about how/when/if this new direction will deviate.
    We are seeing some Uncanny consequences over Marauders. So i thas some importance.

    Hickman usually go to A to C without crossing B, it creates a big disconnect with the characters we are reading

    This is a massive change on their lifes and lives POV
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-15-2019 at 03:02 PM.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No, I disagree, I think it is important; it's a massive shift in the status quo, if anything it's more important now to show even a glimpse of how some characters got from A to B in terms of thinking because it further informs why what's going on now is so important and gives us all proper context for how the characters are feeling/thinking.

    If anything, it's just lazy to hand-wave it away and unhelpful; it won't help readers who feel that disconnect in any way and, therefore, won't stop wonderings about how/when/if this new direction will deviate.
    I agree, everything that comes as unexplained is polluting the narrative. People, maybe not all, are keeping wondering why it is this way, thinking about unanswered questions instead of being in the story. Hickman should have cleaned the scenery before beginning the play. It is OK to mislead people but not remaining vague.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's not an issue. That's the point. Uncanny is largely irrelevant. We don't need to see the journey because it's not that important.

    And come on now...this isn't an AU we went through all this with HoX. This is the 616 not some alternate future that's gonna SUDDENLY be reset years down the line. This is the current X-Men universe. Get used to it.
    Was House of M presented as an AU?

  5. #65
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    I think some y'all are just trying WAY too hard to find fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    … WHY would Xavier and Magneto act the way they had in 616 IF they had met with Moira way back when and she showed them all this info?...

    … Why wouldn't they have immediately started banding together and trying to establish a mutant stronghold right away?...

    … (you have to bend your mind into pretzels and say insane stuff like "actually Genosha being destroyed was a good thing and all part of helping mutants, also Xavier and Magneto constantly fighting each other and seemingly being totally oblivious and unaware of Moira's grand plan is the secret path to total cooperation"). ...
    See Entry 52, then 57:

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    AND, with that:

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'm under the impression that Moira's Journal is a sequential recording of her 10th life eXperiences only. The last two entries shown are when Magneto turned against them, which would've been prior to the events of 1963's XM #1, and then finally when she seemingly died pre-Genoshan genocide, HoM, etc. I'm still not sure any of those specific tragedies happened in her prior lives, as everything in the 616 timeline up to HoX & through to DoX, took place in -- and were possibly unique to -- her latest reincarnation.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-15-2019 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No, I disagree, I think it is important; it's a massive shift in the status quo, if anything it's more important now to show even a glimpse of how some characters got from A to B in terms of thinking because it further informs why what's going on now is so important and gives us all proper context for how the characters are feeling/thinking.

    If anything, it's just lazy to hand-wave it away and unhelpful; it won't help readers who feel that disconnect in any way and, therefore, won't stop wonderings about how/when/if this new direction will deviate.
    I definitely want to see A to B as well, but i dont think its due to laziness on Hickman or editorial's part; this is intended to be a fresh start, and they know that a lot of their readership wasnt pleased with the goings on pre-HOX so they wanted to separate it from that. I think Hickman's mentioned in interviews that he plans to show us snippets of the in-between moments we werent shown, he just didnt do that work off the bat because it was irrelevant at the time, and he really wanted to separate the status quo then from the status quo now

  7. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Seems like a good time to revisit some aspects of the resurrection process:






  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    thank you for this thread!! completely agree with what you're putting down and love the references you pulled out - i love to see people not slagging off krakoa...
    You're welcome, and thank YOU!! Glad to hear we're of like mind. Same, also, and thought it was MUCH needed at this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    … I think Hickman's mentioned in interviews that he plans to show us snippets of the in-between moments we werent shown...
    Yeah, when it comes to fillin' in some of the blanks, I figure we'll be accommodated sooner or later. No biggie anyway, it's not like there hasn't been abrupt transitioning before, with past relaunches.

  9. #69
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post



    Yeah, when it comes to fillin' in some of the blanks, I figure we'll be accommodated sooner or later. No biggie anyway, it's not like there hasn't been abrupt transitioning before, with past relaunches.
    Or that the previous status quo was very riveting
    GrindrStone(D)

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I definitely want to see A to B as well, but i dont think its due to laziness on Hickman or editorial's part; this is intended to be a fresh start, and they know that a lot of their readership wasnt pleased with the goings on pre-HOX so they wanted to separate it from that. I think Hickman's mentioned in interviews that he plans to show us snippets of the in-between moments we werent shown, he just didnt do that work off the bat because it was irrelevant at the time, and he really wanted to separate the status quo then from the status quo now
    I understand what you're saying, but honestly I think the approach he's taken in doing that could have been so much less convoluted and actually dealt with twice as quickly. Even just one issue establishing a clean break, picking up from where was left without actually having to delve into it too deeply, would have helped establish this new status quo from a much stronger position. Literally just gather all who where left in Rosenberg's cast in a room, after a vague reaction about who/what they've lost in such a drastic manner (that goes on for no more than a page or two at that) with Xavier from wherever he's descended from anyway, I don't know, and tell us that things are going to change. A vague mention of needing to be united; boom, the ball's rolling in the same direction in a much more efficient manner and without negating any of the stakes.

    I know it's opinion but, honestly, that's just what it feels like a bit--that the overall concept is being bogged down by unnecessary convolution and raising more questions than actually needed.

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,703

    Default

    Again, Hickman wrote House of X and Powers of 10 several months before Rosenberg wrote his story. He can't react to something that didn't exist.

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Again, Hickman wrote House of X and Powers of 10 several months before Rosenberg wrote his story. He can't react to something that didn't exist.
    Oh sh!t forreals?
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Again, Hickman wrote House of X and Powers of 10 several months before Rosenberg wrote his story. He can't react to something that didn't exist.
    Still, he hasn't written it in stone.

  14. #74
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    My take...from the OP

    It's not that Xavier's dream was wrong per se...it was quite noble and idealistic.
    It's just that its implementation was somewhat misguided (because...human nature) which resulted in all those Lives ending the way they did...and why Xavier and Erik and ALL Mutantdom had to attempt a new and different path, envision a reformatted Dream along the lines of "United We Stand...Divided We Fall."
    What always seemed to defeat the mutants as a race in the end is the constant infighting, among themselves, against each other. X-Men vs Magneto vs Apocalypse vs Humans vs X-Men vs Humans vs Marauders vs...without end, with no one ever being the clear victor.
    Now...under Krakoa they seem united under a single Goal...eventhough they each have their own motivation and agenda, it is within the parametres of The Dream where the survival of ALL Mutants good and bad is of paramount importance.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-16-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  15. #75
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Still, he hasn't written it in stone.
    sure. Duggan referenced it, even Hickman referenced it too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •