Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

X-Men: The Dawn of X is the Perfect Inspiration for the MCU's Mutants | CBR
    Under the direction of writer Jonathan Hickman, this relaunch has completely redefined the X-Men's world throughout 2019. The X-Men are bigger, scarier, and prouder than they've ever been before. It's a bold new take on the franchise, and it's set up a new status quo that could fuel years of future stories.

While the X-Men's traditional private school and their status fearful minority of mutants are gone, it's been replaced by Krakoa, a sovereign island nation for mutants. Professor X and Magneto have gathered all of mutantkind there, even some of the X-Men's worst enemies, and they've developed a process to revive dead mutants to help their numbers swell even more. With their own government, laws, exports, culture and language, Marvel's mutants have the best home they've ever had, and they'll defend it by any means.

The core spirit of the X-Men is still alive and well, albeit in a recontextualized form. While there is no school, it still has the soap opera romance and family drama that's long defined the franchise. These X-Men are still fighting against discrimination, though on a much more economic and political stage. The X-Men are even still space-faring heroes, which is something the movies were afraid to emulate until Dark Phoenix.

If these ideas were adapted into the MCU, this new focus on a culture of super-powered people would create a huge contrast with the Avengers. Instead of constantly fighting with each other between global threats to humanity, the mutants are fighting for their country. They aren't a government-sponsored superhero team made up of spies, soldiers and aliens — the X-Men are the misfits of the world, and they're fighting for their right to exist with more global influence than ever before.

This could make the X-Men franchise the cooler, darker, edgier alternative to the Avengers.
    What's more, the Avengers almost certainly wouldn't just sit by as a super-powered nation sprouts up, and this would make a solid premise for an Avengers vs. X-Men movie.

This approach to the X-Men is also very much of its time. As they deal with a world that hates and fears them, the X-Men are proudly living in their own society' they're not hiding in a boarding school. It's a modern parallel to all kinds of oppressed peoples, in line with classic X-Men motifs that still hit hard in today's sociopolitical climate. ...

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

*reads up*

All is lost. ZETSUBOU SHITA!
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    *reads up*

All is lost. ZETSUBOU SHITA!
    Errrr How?
    GrindrStone(D)

I've held on to the hope that in further adaptations of "X-Men," Krakoa and the HoxPoxDox would be treated as an in-universe cautionary warning for the planned setting at best, and a bad alternate future at worst.

But if this will be the INEVITABLE present and starting point of all non-comic "X-Men" takes from now on.....I'll never be able to enjoy the franchise again. The films, TAS, Evolution, the Capcom fighting games, the early SNES/Genesis games I've played on emulation, even the FANFICS. It'll poison all enjoyment for me, the way X-fans are now permanently hostile to the Scarlet Witch with no hope of reconciliation.

Thus for Londo Bellian, all is lost, he is in despair.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I've held on to the hope that in further adaptations of "X-Men," Krakoa and the HoxPoxDox would be treated as an in-universe cautionary warning for the planned setting at best, and a bad alternate future at worst.

But if this will be the INEVITABLE present and starting point of all non-comic "X-Men" takes from now on.....I'll never be able to enjoy the franchise again. The films, TAS, Evolution, the Capcom fighting games, the early SNES/Genesis games I've played on emulation, even the FANFICS. It'll poison all enjoyment for me, the way X-fans are now permanently hostile to the Scarlet Witch with no hope of reconciliation.

Thus for Londo Bellian, all is lost, he is in despair.
    Your positivity is gonna make you quite the popular one here in the X-forum.
    GrindrStone(D)

I thought I was already INfamous. Even my animus for revolutionary X-Men, and then vengeful Emma, are a pittance compared to the non-stop entertainment-related inner turmoil I have wherever Krakoa!X-Men are concerned.

Right now I feel like I'm singing "I Started a Joke" in a loop because this forum reacts in complete opposite to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I hope they address how unethical it is to resurrect 16 million people without their consent.
    Probably less unethical than killing 16 million people without their consent

I thought I was already INfamous. Even my animus for revolutionary X-Men, and then vengeful Emma, are a pittance compared to the non-stop entertainment-related inner turmoil I have wherever Krakoa!X-Men are concerned

Right now I feel like I'm singing "I Started a Joke" in a loop because this forum reacts in complete opposite to me.
    I know what you feel… Most of people who agree with you are no more present on this forum. So people stay among themselves, happy to share the same feelings, bolstered in their opinions.
    Understanding the Motivations Behind Krakoa and the Dawn of X? Money, of course. They knew it would succeed because it is based on a feeling of revenge.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    They knew it would succeed because it is based on a feeling of revenge.
    Hence I can't stop myself from talking homo-genocide.

Astonishing Member

I would assume there would be trade offs to any adaptation having Krakoa as the status quo.

Either in the form of removing the inevitability of mutantkind* demographic destiny, its political unity or the simple fact that any tv/movie version is going to have much, much less genocide.

*as opposed to any geopolitical ambitions of mutantdom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think it gets a little murky when said millions were wiped out by genocidal robots without their consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Oh look, the flatscans did something bad first! Now I’m morally justified to play god and repopulate my mutant ethnostate without any consequences!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    lol YAAAASS!
    Oh look, the flatscans did something bad first! Now I’m morally justified to play god and repopulate my mutant ethnostate without any consequences!
    Yeah Dude! You get it!!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Ding ding ding!

BANNED

Those spoilers:
    muties
    end of spoilers had it coming.

BANNED

Those spoilers:
    muties
    end of spoilers had it coming.
    I was gonna reply that you should post this in the controversial opinions thread, and then you went and did it anyway.