https://collider.com/green-lantern-s...greg-berlanti/

Green Lantern is in development for HBO Max, and is said to be DC's most ambitious show ever with a budget of over 100 million. I hope it lives up to its potential so we can all forget about the movie.

What do you guys hope to see out of it?

Here are the things I want to see:
  1. Hal Jordan and John Stewart buddy cop, with the two playing off of each other, making them the ideal leads for the show.
  2. The rest of the supporting cast should mainly be aliens, because of the cosmic focus.
  3. Mature writing, none of that kiddie CW crap. I wouldn't be surprised if it's TV-MA if it's like the comics, with the violence and sexuality being present and uncensored. On top of that, just mature themes and be no holds barred in terms of storytelling.
  4. Speaking of which, don't tie this into the CW 'verse. I've heard it rumored in the past, but I think they backed out. Anyways, this series doesn't need to be part of that teen drama verse and should instead be a fresh start.
  5. Heavy focus on the sci-fi, and have the feel of a "space opera meets cop drama" by combining the epic scope of the former with the police procedural elements of the latter.
  6. Have extensive worldbuilding as they establish the way the universe works (a major problem with the 2011 movie was lack of time).
  7. Get the effects right. I think Green Lantern will need them the most of any superhero, so don't screw it up.

This has huge potential and it's definitely a Max Original that I'm looking forward to. I hope it's the amazing show that it could be, so as to deliver the full potential of the Green Lantern mythology and to help usher in a new era of superhero entertainment. I guess this means the DCEU movie is dead at this point, but the DCEU is pretty much toast as well anyways and it'd be better not to have the old DCEU stink all over this. Likewise, as said I do not want any connections to the CW. This is HBO Max, which is modeled after HBO and I'd expect that prestige quality to carry over here.

What do you think?