Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Joking or not, that might just be an idea whose time has come.
    I really hope I didn't just turn 7 pages into 14

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I really hope I didn't just turn 7 pages into 14
    I'm thinking "28".

Clearly the answer here is to cast an African-American as Hal. That will solve all the debate.
    For me it depends what kinda tone your going for. John lend himself well to a story that's more like a Eastweod western where the hero is a man of action and doesnt talk too much. But if you want something fun and adventurous Hal or Kyle is better. And if u want your protagonist to be the biggest as*hole in your movie then Guy is your man. I dont knw much about Jessica.

But Hal being Black wouldn't bother me but I think they should look for an actor that best fits his personality. If that's an Asian or a black guy run with it. Hals race isnt important to the character. But yea I'm sure some people are bout to chime in about how horrible the idea is.

I don't think it matters for Hal either. Although, if we do get a black lead in a GL film, I'd hope it'd be John.

He deserves the spotlight, and in this instance, there is an actual black character that can be and should be used. Of course, if they come about an actor for Hal that isn't white then great. I've seen some good Hal fan casts that go against the norm so if it happens, then, by all means, go for it. But, if the goal is to have a diverse lead then 4/6 Earth Lanterns aren't white and deserve to have their stories told.

Can we please not bring back this cancer again?

Green Lantern can be an ensemble shows as it should, problem solved. Anything else we can discuss?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Clearly the answer here is to cast an African-American as Hal. That will solve all the debate.
    It wouldn't fix Hal character. I would still hate the guy. Also it will feel like DC were snubbing John.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    The movie is most likely dead at this point.
    Most unfortunate, if true.

To a degree, I don't care who they use for the HBO series. I only hope the characters used are maximized to their fullest potential.

Extraordinary Member

I don't blame any particular fan base for the in-fighting. The fault lies with DC. The run from the 1980's showed multiple Earth Lanterns could coexist, and shine. Since the 1990's, DC made foolishly created a pecking order, and eventually the stories featuring the top GL at the time would grow stale which only exacerbated the grievances of the fractured fan base.

If the stories are good, and everyone gets opportunities to shine, not many will complain. I hope the HBO creative team can accomplish this.

Can we please not bring back this cancer again?

Green Lantern can be an ensemble shows as it should, problem solved.
    Good luck; it seems like, ironically, despite being a team-centric franchise, GL fans seem to latch onto only one specific character that they want to see. I know I do, even if I'm more passive about it.

Anything else we can discuss?
    Do we know anything else about the show to discuss?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Good luck; it seems like, ironically, despite being a team-centric franchise, GL fans seem to latch onto only one specific character that they want to see. I know I do, even if I'm more passive about it.
    It's not really a team-centric franchise, more that it generally revolves around one individual who happens to be part of a large organization of intergalactic peacekeepers, which is why we have all this debate over who that individual should be.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Do we know anything else about the show to discuss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not really a team-centric franchise, more that it generally revolves around one individual who happens to be part of a large organization of intergalactic peacekeepers, which is why we have all this debate over who that individual should be.
    I think everyone can generally agree that they want to see cool space stuff and a bunch of universal GL lore that is applicable to any of the leads. Since everyone can agree on that and we know so little about the show, there is not much to discuss yet.

Anyway, cast a black actor as Hal Jordan but otherwise do not change a single thing about his character. I want to see the internet explode.

Should the other color corps exist? Should Sinestro still be a GL or should it take place after his heel turn? How should the Guardians be treated? What non-human characters do you most want to see? Which alien characters can we skip in the first season?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Should the other color corps exist? Should Sinestro still be a GL or should it take place after his heel turn? How should the Guardians be treated? What non-human characters do you most want to see? Which alien characters can we skip in the first season?
    A lot of people got tired of the rainbow corps, me included so I'll say let's just roll it back to there only being a yellow ring wielded by Sinestro. And yes, introduce Sinestro as a villain with the yellow ring. I don't need to see his heelturn played over the series. I'm more interested in new sci-fi stories with the GLC.

I'd like the Guardians to not just be little blue men. I want Guardians who are almost unknowable. They're cosmically minded and even if they're acting in the best interests of the universe, sometimes we won't agree with it, but it's not just that they're power-hungry or blind or out-of-touch. I want to see more challenging storylines than that.

In terms of alien characters, I want to see the Salaak/Ch'p odd couple friendship back. Also, the Puffball Collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The showrunners definitely shouldn't be looking at Johns run when it comes to the guardians. He made them into ineffectual idiots. It was hard enough reading the comics how a group of being that stupid could have the authority they have. It would be a much harder pill to shallow on TV. I hope they avoid the nonsense of the first lantern and the third army.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    A lot of people got tired of the rainbow corps, me included so I'll say let's just roll it back to there only being a yellow ring wielded by Sinestro. And yes, introduce Sinestro as a villain with the yellow ring. I don't need to see his heelturn played over the series. I'm more interested in new sci-fi stories with the GLC.

I'd like the Guardians to not just be little blue men. I want Guardians who are almost unknowable. They're cosmically minded and even if they're acting in the best interests of the universe, sometimes we won't agree with it, but it's not just that they're power-hungry or blind or out-of-touch. I want to see more challenging storylines than that.

In terms of alien characters, I want to see the Salaak/Ch'p odd couple friendship back. Also, the Puffball Collective.
    I would like to see the rainbow corps reduced. If it's just limited to yellow, red and Starr Sapphires I'll be fine with that. The other colors don't add anything.