Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    DC / WB are making so many weird decisions regarding their characters.
    Green Lantern for MAX, but no movie. No GL for justice league, but instead cyborg(?) and not Stewart.
    Superman and Lois series, no Superman movie
    Titans on Streaming
    Produced Swamp Thing, one of the few well received shows, then cancel it.
    Reboot Batman
    Flash stops and starts every few months.
    Birds of Prey that's a Harley Quinn movie.
    Joker is not connected to the other movies.

What the heck is going on over there? They're making the strangest business and creative decisions regarding their properties. It's such a cluster$%#.

IF I want to watch all the superhero shows, how many different subscriptions would I need? 3 is it?(CW, DC Online, HBO MAX, and movies?) I feel sorry for all the dc fans.
    You know what's funny? They're getting better results with those decisions than they previously did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    So as it turns out, the famous Green Lantern architect Geoff Johns is going to be partnering with Berlanti to write and produce the Green Lantern series. I take it we can safely bet that Hal and John will be the human leads, and it will also take very heavily from Johns' iconic run on the franchise. To be fair, it wasn't unrealistic to expect it to be that in the first place, as it's been said that this is a cosmic-focused story and Johns' GL run is credited for helping to reestablish the cosmic mythos of DC and certainly for reinvented GL as a whole (whether fans like that or not). Not to mention that was the era of GL's biggest comic book popularity (there's a reason DC tried to start the DCEU with GL, even if the execution was horrible).

The fact that we have "two Earth-based Lanterns and Sinestro", with Johns at the pen, is just short of confirming who we can expect. The idea of using different Lanterns, like Simon and Jessica as Hal/John composites, sounds very unlikely.

Anyways, what do you think?
    What I think is that everyone makes a lot of assumptions. It's like saying ,"Grant Morrison is going to be writing 'The Green Lantern' series. Well, he wrote Kyle for a long stretch on JLA so the series must be about Kyle." Firstly, Johns has written a lot of characters. Who knows where his interest lies now? He may feel like he's said all he has to say about Hal. Secondly, Johns at the pen is far down the totem pole of being in charge. It might not even be up to him who the stars are. TV is a lot different from comics. Keep in mind, I believe Johns created Simon and Jessica - so there's no reason to assume he has no interest in writing them anyway if you wanted to assume he has a choice.

Ultimately, I don't think one can assume anything just because Johns is attached.

Come on man, two Earth-based Lanterns and Sinestro with Johns at the pen? I'm supposed to believe this doesn't have a 95% chance of being Hal and John?

Using the idea of Simon/Jessica as composites of Hal/John would only happen if they want ill will and hate money. It's a horrible idea. Hal was the lead character of his iconic GL run that made him relevant and the core of DC even without an adaptation, now he's being tasked to bring it to screen to a wide audience on a show that many expect will be the Max signature. So call me crazy for believing that's what's going to happen.

Besides that, what did you think of this part?

I wonder, if they're taking after Johns' run, think we can expect the other Corps and groups? I mean, like the Red, Blue, Star Sapphire, Indigo, Sinestro, and Orange, and of course later with Black and White. Sounds logical, especially if we're going heavy on worldbuilding, to expect it. They just got to make sure not to do too much at once, but let it all flow naturally.

You could also introduce other cosmic factions and worlds to tie everything together, like The Reach (great way to tie into the rumored Blue Beetle series if they go there), the Thanagarians, the Manhunters, Kalandor (introducing Despero), and hell, they could introduce an offshoot of Kryptonian criminals who escaped the planet's destruction and have the Lanterns deal with Zod (something that recently happened in the comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Come on man, two Earth-based Lanterns and Sinestro with Johns at the pen? I'm supposed to believe this doesn't have a 95% chance of being Hal and John?

Using the idea of Simon/Jessica as composites of Hal/John would only happen if they want ill will and hate money. It's a horrible idea. Hal was the lead character of his iconic GL run that made him relevant and the core of DC even without an adaptation, now he's being tasked to bring it to screen to a wide audience on a show that many expect will be the Max signature. So call me crazy for believing that's what's going to happen.

Besides that, what did you think of this part?
    That quoted part was pure speculation. You're entitled to it, but I have no opinion. I don't think you're crazy for thinking it, it's easy to just assume Johns will do what he did in the comics - sure, but again, he's not in charge and he might also want to do something else other than adapt his comic books to the screen. And just because you (or fans in general) think something is a "horrible idea" lord knows it doesn't mean they won't do it. (based on how often fans blast the things that actually get made for being "horrible ideas.")
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-06-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

So no Hal Jordan, no John Stewart, and the gay version of Alan Scott. They use all the GLs I don't care about and none of the ones that I do. Pass.

Extraordinary Member

Step 1: Announce GL show

Step 2: Don’t mention Hal, Kyle, or Jon to avoid fan war.

Step 3: Profit

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    So no Hal Jordan, no John Stewart, and the gay version of Alan Scott. They use all the GLs I don't care about and none of the ones that I do. Pass.
    Yea WTF this better be a red Haring or they better have big plans on film for Hal and John . Ressurect that buddy cop movie they wanted to do with before the planned Snyderverse fell apart

Could swore the rumor mill last week was Michale B Jordan was meeting with WBs about starring in a DC franchise and people were saying he was gonna be John Stewart in this show.... guess not. Id be happy with Guy if he wasn't the main character or if Batman shows up and knocks him out and everyone screams one punch and world star in the background. Lol in all seriousness I like assholr characters I mean my avatar is Namor. Guy was just never that interesting to me. I need Hal or John to be the character I care about and just let Guy be a dick. Iono much about Cruz and Baz maybe they will cool. Wasnt Baz a gangster or something? And he uses a gun? Iono i might be confused.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

No Hal Jordan, thank you DC for removing that albatross.

I look forward to this show now.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea WTF this better be a red Haring or they better have big plans on film for Hal and John . Ressurect that buddy cop movie they wanted to do with before the planned Snyderverse fell apart

Could swore the rumor mill last week was Michale B Jordan was meeting with WBs about starring in a DC franchise and people were saying he was gonna be John Stewart in this show.... guess not. Id be happy with Guy if he wasn't the main character or if Batman shows up and knocks him out and everyone screams one punch and world star in the background. Lol in all seriousness I like assholr characters I mean my avatar is Namor. Guy was just never that interesting to me. I need Hal or John to be the character I care about and just let Guy be a dick. Iono much about Cruz and Baz maybe they will cool. Wasnt Baz a gangster or something? And he uses a gun? Iono i might be confused.
    Maybe Jordan is going to play Guy? I mean racebending comic book redheads is what Hollywood does.

Well, since I am not getting HBO, I hope there is a CW Green Lantern, John Diggle/ Stewart.

That said, I looked up the Green Lantern show and found a site explaining, as fact, that Green Lantern was going to be introduced at the end of the second season of Arrow, was going to be played by Jensen Ackles and was going to be tied into the DCEU setting.

So, when the GL show is on the air on a specific network, I'll accept it as reality.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd love it if they adapted Far Sector, that's been hands down the best GL book ever.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No Hal Jordan, thank you DC for removing that albatross.

I look forward to this show now.
    Considering the screen writers for the movie are working on this, Hal's better off not being included and John and Kyle are dodging bullets.

Maybe we can finally drop the "the 2011 movie was inherently going to suck no matter what because Hal was the star" BS narrative now if this doesn't do Alan, Simon, Jess and Guy any favors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Considering the screen writers for the movie are working on this, Hal's better off not being included and John and Kyle are dodging bullets.

Maybe we can finally drop the "the 2011 movie was inherently going to suck no matter what because Hal was the star" BS narrative now if this doesn't do Alan, Simon, Jess and Guy any favors.
    The weirdest part about that narrative is that the Hal in the movie was nothing like the Hal in the comics. He was just a generic hero who was filled with self doubt and needed to overcome his feeling of inadequacy. Many people pointed out that he was a lot closer to Kyle. Hal’s more Top Gun.

Anybody who thinks that is just filled with salt that it wasn’t their favorite GL

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The weirdest part about that narrative is that the Hal in the movie was nothing like the Hal in the comics. He was just a generic hero who was filled with self doubt and needed to overcome his feeling of inadequacy. Many people pointed out that he was a lot closer to Kyle. Hal’s more Top Gun.

Anybody who thinks that is just filled with salt that it wasn’t their favorite GL
    I wouldn't say he was like Kyle either (granted I only really know Kyle from Morrison's JLA). Ryan Reynolds was just playing a douche with Hal's name slapped on him, which ended up pleasing nobody. Least of all Hal fans.