Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The most high profile one has always been Carol, with the most high profile one after her being Wonder Woman of all people. And she shouldn't be used like she was in JL/U if we aren't having Hal (or at least referencing him) because it's pointless.

John is moot since he isn't in this anyway, but his is Fatality who can exist fine without being a Star Sapphire. But I think it would be in John's best interest to stop referencing the overplayed Xanshi stuff anyway.
    It doesn't need Carol. They can pull from any of the other existing Star Sapphires. Dela Pharon and Nol-Anj if they need villainous Star Sapphires. Being a corps, it is bigger than a single character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they did eventually give Sinestro and John a similar dynamic Sinestro had with Hal in that episode of Static where Sinestro impersonates John.
    Which is seriously lame. It's hard to take the "Hal is useless and boring and any other GL can be used in his place" comments seriously when they do stuff like this.

Either have John develop his own dynamic with Sinestro or don't bother. It kind of undermines any attempt to make John stand on his own as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It doesn't need Carol. They can pull from any of the other existing Star Sapphires. Dela Pharon and Nol-Anj if they need villainous Star Sapphires. Being a corps, it is bigger than a single character.
    They should use them. I don't know how much of a draw the Sapphires will be without Carol (we haven't gotten a lot of use out of them in the comics since soon after Johns left, and Carol showed up in GL:TAS) but this show is already using all the secondary Earth GLs over the main ones we'd expect, so who knows?

If Carol shows up as Star Sapphire with nary a mention or allusion to Hal and she's like Simon's boss or whatever, I'm calling serious BS all over that.

With Guy as one of the main GL's, will we see the legendary one-punch in live-action? Granted, Batman's not in it, but still...

Further thinking about this, I think this might be a good thing. Hal and John have expectations and baggage. These other characters don't have that. I'm a comic fan and I only know Guy from this group. Alan Scott was changed but all I know about current Alan is that he is gay. Iono what else they changed or if he's actually a Corp member now. My only expectations would be for Sinestro and the Corp/Guardians conceptually. They can do whatever with the characters. Just make Guy be a dick and I won't care about any changes. Weird Kyle isn't front and center but iono maybe they have plans for him along with Hal and John. Kyle woulda been a clean slate for most people aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Further thinking about this, I think this might be a good thing. Hal and John have expectations and baggage. These other characters don't have that. I'm a comic fan and I only know Guy from this group. Alan Scott was changed but all I know about current Alan is that he is gay. Iono what else they changed or if he's actually a Corp member now. My only expectations would be for Sinestro and the Corp/Guardians conceptually. They can do whatever with the characters. Just make Guy be a dick and I won't care about any changes. Weird Kyle isn't front and center but iono maybe they have plans for him along with Hal and John. Kyle woulda been a clean slate for most people aswell.
    I'm kind of surprised they're still using Sinestro unless one of the GL's on the show get his relationship to Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they're still using Sinestro unless one of the GL's on the show get his relationship to Hal.
    Maybe he's still a Green Lantern at this point and they will cover his downfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Maybe he's still a Green Lantern at this point and they will cover his downfall?
    Could be. I'm wondering who the Hal in this scenario ends up being though unless they don't show it and that's saved for the movies.

Astonishing Member

Green Lantern Will Be Written Like a TV Show, But Produced Like a Movie, Says Guggenheim.

So I expect something along the lines of Star Trek Discovery and less like a CW show. Ironically even though it likely won’t look like a low-budget CW show like Supergirl or Flash. Ironically, it’s likely given the fact it’s got the same writers as those aforementioned shows doing all the episodes, it will likely be written like a CW show.

That’s not a tremendous vote of confidence in the quality of your product for me. Micheal Bay Transformer movies look good, but that still doesn’t mean they’re actually good movies. Getting the dude who did Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter as your showrunner doesn’t inspire much help inspire much confidence.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-25-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

I love how people are concluding that Jordan is bad or Stewart is good when not a word of script has been written yet. The series is not beholden to the comics. I would have thought that 20 years of superhero movies and more than that of TV shows would have made that clear by now, but there still seems to be a lot of people who want to lead off with "X is terrible because he doesn't have a good backstory" or "Y is better because he had more interesting stories in the comics."

This is its own medium, its own take on the characters. If you start with the element of "Green Power Ring brings wish-fulfillment" anything else can call into place or fall apart regardless of what you name the character.

Personally I don't care so much about what name the guy has, as long as it's Kyle's mask. It was always the most interesting of them.

Astonishing Member

Finn Wittrock To Headline ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series As Guy Gardner

Finn Wittrock (American Horror Story) has been tapped to star as Guy Gardner/Green Lantern in HBO Max’s upcoming series based on the DC characters, from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Seth Grahame-Smith, Green Lantern reinvents the classic DC property through a story spanning decades and galaxies, beginning on Earth in 1941 with the very first Green Lantern, secretly gay FBI agent Alan Scott, and 1984, with cocky alpha male Guy Gardner (Wittrock) and half-alien Bree Jarta. They’ll be joined by a multitude of other Lanterns — from comic book favorites to never-before-seen heroes.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-30-2021 at 08:23 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He will probably make a fine Guy, but I've always found it a shame that Finn hasn't played Dick Grayson yet.

He looks like he can be puncheable if the script calls for it, so I guess he works on that level.

"Bree Jarta," because it's not a Berlanti production without a few OC's.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Apparently Jack Black's name is being thrown around as well?

The only way I want to see that guy with a power ring is if he's playing G'nort...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

So it's going to be Guy Gardener? I guess that's something.