Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I was kind of excited for this show but then I heard Berlanti's name.
    To be fair, he was also on Titans and Doom Patrol. I don't think he'll do much creatively, more on the financial and production end. I hope.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    To be fair, he was also on Titans and Doom Patrol. I don't think he'll do much creatively, more on the financial and production end. I hope.
    If whatever he did on Titans had anything to do with the story and many of the scripts brought forth, than may he not do that on Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I cast doubt on the GL animated movies well. We would have gotten more than two if that was the case. Only first flight was about Hal. Emerald Knights was a collection of stories starring different lanterns.
    It took them forever to do another Wonder Woman animated film so at the time I don't think there was much of a market for other DC leads, DTV-wise.

I'm gonna try to hopefully change the subject here...

Who would you cast for the characters? I don't just mean human Lanterns like Hal Jordan and John Stewart (but that's welcome), but the aliens as well and just the characters in general. I expect they're going to get some top talent for this, being premium and high budget and all, compared to the CW mainly using lesser-knowns and generic photogenic models.

For me, I wouldn't mind...

Hal Jordan - Jake Gyllenhaal
    John Stewart - Jonathan Majors
    Carol Ferris - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Kilowog - Winston Duke
    Ch'p - Charlie Day
    Salaak - Matt Smith
    Katma Tui - Shay Mitchell
    Mogo - Keith David
    Boodikka - Gemma Arterton
    Sinestro - Luke Evans

I don't normally do fancasting so forgive me if anything is off. I'm mainly looking for three things = talent, visuals, and voice. And I kinda want to change the subject to something a little more fresh so I'm just gonna break the ice.

Anyways, who would be your fancasts?

I'm gonna try to hopefully change the subject here...

Who would you cast for the characters? I don't just mean human Lanterns like Hal Jordan and John Stewart (but that's welcome), but the aliens as well and just the characters in general. I expect they're going to get some top talent for this, being premium and high budget and all, compared to the CW mainly using lesser-knowns and generic photogenic models.

For me, I wouldn't mind...

Hal Jordan - Jake Gyllenhaal
    John Stewart - Jonathan Majors
    Carol Ferris - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Kilowog - Winston Duke
    Ch'p - Charlie Day
    Salaak - Matt Smith
    Katma Tui - Shay Mitchell
    Mogo - Keith David
    Boodikka - Gemma Arterton
    Sinestro - Luke Evans

I don't normally do fancasting so forgive me if anything is off. I'm mainly looking for three things = talent, visuals, and voice. And I kinda want to change the subject to something a little more fresh so I'm just gonna break the ice.

Anyways, who would be your fancasts?
    This makes me very sad to say this, but I always imagined Salaak could be a good fit for Rene Auberjonois, RIP. Whenever I read Salaak in a GL comic starting in Geoff Johns' run, I would imagine Odo's stern and disciplined, sometimes erudite, tone.

Incredible Member

1. get jim henson productions involved in the alien design. For all the faults of the dark crystal netflix series, they nailed the world building (to say nothing of farscape).
    2. If we are arguing over one human green lantern over another, then make Kilowog the main lantern having to deal with all these newbs as they go through essentially space academy.

Incredible Member

Kyle Rayner or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    This makes me very sad to say this, but I always imagined Salaak could be a good fit for Rene Auberjonois, RIP. Whenever I read Salaak in a GL comic starting in Geoff Johns' run, I would imagine Odo's stern and disciplined, sometimes erudite, tone.
    Tom Kenny did a good Salaak in GL:TAS .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That's odd .... I could've sworn he played Salaak at some point, but it's possible that it's just that I always thought the same - that he'd be a perfect fit.

BANNED

For John Stewart I'd cast LaKeith Stanfield (best known for Sorry To Bother You) but has since appeared in a number of other notable movies. Stanfield is young. He has the right quality for Stewart, a quiet strength, very introspective, but also compelling and commanding. So he'd be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    For John Stewart I'd cast LaKeith Stanfield (best known for Sorry To Bother You) but has since appeared in a number of other notable movies. Stanfield is young. He has the right quality for Stewart, a quiet strength, very introspective, but also compelling and commanding. So he'd be good.
    He's probably under contract at FX, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    No. Nooooooo. Nothing about him says John Stewart. Cast Omari Hardwick. He would have to shave the beard, but once that is gone you have your John Stewart.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

When it comes to John, Trevante Rhodes would be my pick if they're going a bit younger. Doesn't have a big resume but I can definetely see it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's odd .... I could've sworn he played Salaak at some point, but it's possible that it's just that I always thought the same - that he'd be a perfect fit.
    He played Galius Zed in JL, which, to me, is the odd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    When it comes to John, Trevante Rhodes would be my pick if they're going a bit younger. Doesn't have a big resume but I can definetely see it.
    Rhodes or Y'lan Noel if they wanna go young. I really do like Rhodes though.

Idris Elba is the fan cast for every black superhero but hes in Sucide Squad as bronze Tiger I assume(Has it been revealed yet?) But if they go older Elba, Sterling K Brown and the out of left field pick of Michale Ealy. Yes hes too light skinned but I just find him too be interesting in everything he was in. Almost Human and now Stunptown hes my favorite parts. But yea umm dude who played MLK and with the African name could fit the role well too David Owyelo or something like that.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-17-2019 at 10:05 PM.