Mighty Member

Default My favorite Look for Superboy (Conner)

Hello,
    I really HATE the actual Conner Look.

The beard and the pants with the patches really dont work for me and the Rebirth outfit is for me together with the blue/red jacket YJ Version the worst outfit for Conner ever.

I am a really BIG!! Fan of this artwork
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...rfire-1676739/

I mean this are the Pre-Flashpoint Conners Colors and Superman also had himself a black Costume during Rebirth..

This Black/Red Outfit would look perfect together with a leather-jacket and it looks like the NIGHTWING Outfit of the Super-Family.

I hope that he gets aged up and gets this costume..

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    I really HATE the actual Conner Look.

The beard and the pants with the patches really dont work for me and the Rebirth outfit is for me together with the blue/red jacket YJ Version the worst outfit for Conner ever.

I am a really BIG!! Fan of this artwork
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...rfire-1676739/

I mean this are the Pre-Flashpoint Conners Colors and Superman also had himself a black Costume during Rebirth..

This Black/Red Outfit would look perfect together with a leather-jacket and it looks like the NIGHTWING Outfit of the Super-Family.

I hope that he gets aged up and gets this costume..
    I actually never liked that costume. It feels really generic and edgy without much else. I've always much preferred the jacket and punk vibe, which while edgy, does have a lot more character. It fits him very well.

The New 52 costume was pretty good but I'll always prefer the original look. The current patches and stuff I can take or leave but it doesn't bother me much. I agree though the stubble should go. Just makes him look dirty and unkempt, and Conner should be stylin'.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Original Reign of The Supermen look(and personality) all the way!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah when it comes to designs, I'm not fond of updating as an attempt to get with the times. The original costume age is a good timestamp... almost a testament to longevity. While the updates generally become outdated as well, with a glaze of self consciousness to boot. Best examples are probably the electric costume or the black leather X-Men.

That Superboy design wasn't so bad, but it will always immediately represent that "Heroes Reborn knock off" aspect of the New 52, where they unfortunately decided to make all three Supers young, edgy and uncertain at the same time. I dug the Jon Lane update of the old costume, actually.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The New 52 costume was pretty good but I'll always prefer the original look. The current patches and stuff I can take or leave but it doesn't bother me much. I agree though the stubble should go. Just makes him look dirty and unkempt, and Conner should be stylin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I actually never liked that costume. It feels really generic and edgy without much else. I've always much preferred the jacket and punk vibe, which while edgy, does have a lot more character. It fits him very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah when it comes to designs, I'm not fond of updating as an attempt to get with the times. The original costume age is a good timestamp... almost a testament to longevity. While the updates generally become outdated as well, with a glaze of self consciousness to boot. Best examples are probably the electric costume or the black leather X-Men.

That Superboy design wasn't so bad, but it will always immediately represent that "Heroes Reborn knock off" aspect of the New 52, where they unfortunately decided to make all three Supers young, edgy and uncertain at the same time. I dug the Jon Lane update of the old costume, actually.

Ok, I think there was a bit of misunderstanding:

I actually spoke about the Costume which is in the picture, NOT!! the NEW52 Costume in general.
    So, no lights etc. just the costume how it is in the picture.

So I mean like it is in the picture, black and red, no special effects.
    So its basically the NIGHTWING Costume in black/red with the S instead of the Nightwing Logo.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah that's a couple of problems I have right there:

"Like ___'s costume but ____" was the general problem of that era. Way too many design similarities between characters who really shouldn't look alike more than they did traditionally. That leads to the second problem, appropriate expression of personality. You'll always have an "angry red eyes" picture pop up but looking at that, it's hard to read anything past the edge. I guess given that actual volume of comics it's good that it didn't over promise but still.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Was there a version of the New 52 "Tron" suit where he also has a leather jacket? For some reason I'm remembering that, but with no memories of where it's from in the slightest.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."