Mighty Member

Default What do you think about the CURRENT YJ Conner? (Look+attitude)

Hello,

I wanted to ask what do you think about the current YJ Conner, based on Look and attitude.

LOOK1
    :Sorry, I know that the look is based on Kessels Version, but I like Kessels Version MORE (besides the Sun-Glasses).
    I really HATE the Patches and I really HATE the beard.
    I really really HOPE that he shaves this beard as soon as possible and changes the costume.

The Kessel Version looked simply better.

ATTITUDE:
    Sorry, NO....

The current YJ Conner is to grumpy, to serious etc. for me.
    I REALLY REALLY miss the Kessel Conner who was funny, lighthearted and cool.

One of my problems with current YJ is that Conner lost his coolness for me.
    I liked how he was on Hawaii and in Reign of Supermen.

I just looked again the Movie "Reign of Supermen" and I LOVED Conners Interactions in the Movie!!
    It was hillarious ("Chillax,Zippy.....")

I am also a big fan of Dante of Devil may Cry.

I wish that they would make Conner more like Dante of Devil May Cry and how Superboy was during the Kessel Era (more coolness, One-Liners etc.)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I think he looks great. It's a solid update on Kessel's version. The patchy punk rock look fits and I think he comes across fine in YJ. It's certainly a better time than Teen Titans was for him.

This seems like a real sticking point for you, bud. Every time I see you post, it's in some way to talk about how Conner needs to return to the '90s. I'm sorry, man. I know it sucks when your hero changes into something you don't personally care for, but I don't think that the '90s approach to cool will work today. Certainly not one liners. Trends change, including what people think is cool. If Conner is to survive, he needs to as well. So far I have not seen Conner go in any direction that feels wrong for him.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-15-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I wanted to ask what do you think about the current YJ Conner, based on Look and attitude.

LOOK1
    :Sorry, I know that the look is based on Kessels Version, but I like Kessels Version MORE (besides the Sun-Glasses).
    I really HATE the Patches and I really HATE the beard.
    I really really HOPE that he shaves this beard as soon as possible and changes the costume.

The Kessel Version looked simply better.

ATTITUDE:
    Sorry, NO....

The current YJ Conner is to grumpy, to serious etc. for me.
    I REALLY REALLY miss the Kessel Conner who was funny, lighthearted and cool.

One of my problems with current YJ is that Conner lost his coolness for me.
    I liked how he was on Hawaii and in Reign of Supermen.

I just looked again the Movie "Reign of Supermen" and I LOVED Conners Interactions in the Movie!!
    It was hillarious ("Chillax,Zippy.....")

I am also a big fan of Dante of Devil may Cry.

I wish that they would make Conner more like Dante of Devil May Cry and how Superboy was during the Kessel Era (more coolness, One-Liners etc.)
    A massive improvement over his last appearances in the New 52.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think he looks great. It's a solid update on Kessel's version. The patchy punk rock look fits and I think he comes across fine in YJ. It's certainly a better time than Teen Titans was for him.

This seems like a real sticking point for you, bud. Every time I see you post, it's in some way to talk about how Conner needs to return to the '90s. I'm sorry, man. I know it sucks when your hero changes into something you don't personally care for, but I don't think that the '90s approach to cool will work today. Certainly not one liners. Trends change, including what people think is cool. If Conner is to survive, he needs to as well. So far I have not seen Conner go in any direction that feels wrong for him.
    Not true:

Look at Dante in DEVIL MAY CRY....he is an absolute cool character and has plenty of Trash-Talk etc.
    or SPIDER-MAN, Peter Parker is famous for his jokes, how he talks etc.

or also look at "Reign of Supermen"...Animated Movie...
    Its a very recent version of Conner and he used One-Liners etc. a lot.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not true:

Look at Dante in DEVIL MAY CRY....he is an absolute cool character and has plenty of Trash-Talk etc.
    or SPIDER-MAN, Peter Parker is famous for his jokes, how he talks etc.

or also look at "Reign of Supermen"...Animated Movie...
    Its a very recent version of Conner and he used One-Liners etc. a lot.
    Both of those get by on the charisma of their voice actors. Every time I read a one liner it comes across as my dad trying to be hip.

Bad dialogue can be sold by the right actor. Dante is pure cheese; he's so over the top and ridiculous you like him, but it's because he's trying so damn hard to be stylish he can't be taken seriously. It's why those games fail on having a dramatic plot (at least 1-4, didn't play 5). He diffuses the threat every time.

Spider-Man usually has 4 bad jokes for every one that lands. He usually reads like "what do you think of my zinger, fellow kids." It's charming, but not what makes him cool, at least it never was for me.