View Poll Results: Which arrowverse spinoff should be picked up?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Arrow and The Canaries

3 7.89%
  • Superman and Lois Lane

16 42.11%
  • Both

5 13.16%
  • Neither-bring on a completely different show!

14 36.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Which arrowverse spinoff would you like to watch?

With Arrow coming to an end, there are plans to continue the story with Oliver's daughter. The producers have just completed the back door pilot for her show, Green Arrow and the Canaries, which will also have Laurel and Dinah on. However, it was recently announced that there will be a Supergirl spinoff about Superman and Lois Lane.

It may not be the case, but if the CW ends up having to choose between the two shows to pick up, which one should it be?

I'd rather GA/Canaries get picked up if it's really only one or the other. Mainly because I think a Superman series on HBO Max, with a high budget and prestige like what they're doing with Green Lantern, would work wonders in rebuilding him to the public after the DCEU letdown. They could have both, but last I checked DC is hesitant with it because they think we won't know what an "alternate continuity" is.

I mean, if they're doing both, and they'll allow a separate Superman show on HBO Max to be ongoing, then whatever. However, it's a pretty safe bet that the Green Lantern show has put the planned Green Lantern movie reboot on ice if it means anything.

While seeing the future kids interact with the past has been pretty cool, that's been the most interesting they've been so far.

Personally, looking forward to the Super Family hitting the Silver Screen.

I'm not sold on Mia as Green Arrow, and I think Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in a lead role has potential, so the Superman and Lois show got my vote.

Brandon Routh Superman make it happen CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Brandon Routh Superman make it happen CW.
    👍👍👍👍👍

This

Never really been interested in green arrow much; I’m leaning towards Superman and Lois, although I’m not sure if the show is actually going to be about them.

Both.

'limit dance'

Retired

I have mixed feelings about both shows, but for different reasons.

I always found the flash forwards of the new team Arrow quite boring and Mia remains a troublesome character--it also doesn't make sense that she's the youngest of them and yet, whenever she wants to do something, everyone else has to give in to her, rather than Mia taking advice from them. But Kaite Cassidy getting a new series is a good thing.

I like the basic concept of a Superman family show and I like the two actors. But because I care, that's why I'm worried. I anticipate many stupid stories that will leave me pulling my hair out.

Ultimate Member

I'm slightly more interested in the story of Mia and what's-his-name (Ollie's son), but I like Tyler and Bitsie's take on Superman and Lois, and want both!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have mixed feelings about both shows, but for different reasons.

I always found the flash forwards of the new team Arrow quite boring and Mia remains a troublesome character--it also doesn't make sense that she's the youngest of them and yet, whenever she wants to do something, everyone else has to give in to her, rather than Mia taking advice from them. But Kaite Cassidy getting a new series is a good thing.

I like the basic concept of a Superman family show and I like the two actors. But because I care, that's why I'm worried. I anticipate many stupid stories that will leave me pulling my hair out.
    I am sure the season one finale would have something happen that for drama sake, has Lois and Clark at odds, teasing the audience with divorce shenanigans.

As for spinoffs, I'd prefer a brand new character getting some shine.

Still want to see Zatanna get her own TV show.

Retired

The thing that worries me the most about the Superman family is this rumour that Jon-El will be forced to age up--like in the comics. Now if it turns out in the new timeline that Clark and Lois have had their kid for a long time and raised him and he's now a young teen--that's okay. But it's not right to take away the kid's years of maturation. Even if his growing up with his parents is only in flashbacks--that could give the series a lot of humour, recalling their struggles to keep up with a growing super-baby.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The thing that worries me the most about the Superman family is this rumour that Jon-El will be forced to age up--like in the comics. Now if it turns out in the new timeline that Clark and Lois have had their kid for a long time and raised him and he's now a young teen--that's okay. But it's not right to take away the kid's years of maturation. Even if his growing up with his parents is only in flashbacks--that could give the series a lot of humour, recalling their struggles to keep up with a growing super-baby.
    I can buy into that simply because it would be different.

All the shows should give you a different feel.

Arrow (and I guess not Batwoman or the Mia show) - grounded, gritty (overused buzzwords I hate to use, but here we are)

Flash - light Silver Age adventure/cheese, occasionally dark and serious when needed.

Black Lightning - Family oriented dynamic, socially conscious

Legends of Tomorrow - Over the top, bat **** insane cheese

Supergirl - hmm....yay girl power..? I dunno, I don't watch the show outside of the crossover eps so I dunno, but this is me taking a stab at it, lol.

Lois & Clark 2.0 - them fighting the bad guys while raising a super kid, as Jim Kelly said, that could be fun to see and again, gives you, ideally a different feel/gimmick than the other shows.

Each of them should be different. If they are not, why bother having them..?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Still want to see Zatanna get her own TV show.
    I'd be down for this, too.
    First thought I had, though was Blue Beetle. They have repeatedly referenced Kord Industries year after year. A little more light-hearted, techy, and sarcastic/smart mouthed than the other series would be. Could become the Spider-Man type character of the Arrowverse.