Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Darth Vader vs Invisible Woman

We are using composite Vader and composite 616 Sue.

This is an in-character random encounter won by KO. They start atop the Baxter Building.

NOTE: The setting being the Baxter Building is not to give Sue an advantage. It's purely the setting. She cannot go in there for weapons.

Who takes it?
    Last edited by Firefist Norrin; 12-16-2019 at 06:19 PM.

I would say a composite Vader has enough speed feats (various peak humany faster than the eye moving, Jedi-blitzing stuff) that I would favor him in a quickdraw.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I would say a composite Vader has enough speed feats (various peak humany faster than the eye moving, Jedi-blitzing stuff) that I would favor him in a quickdraw.
    Scenario makes this a curbstomp for Sue. Vader doesn't get immediate eye-contact on Sue, allowing her to go invisible and put up her force-field. Sue gets enough time to activate the Baxter Building auto-defenses. Sure, Vader might beat them all, but Sue escapes and can grab any weapon from the building before re-engaging.

One-on-one matchup on a neutral field is a great battle. I don't know who wins that. This scenario, Curbstomp. Sue with home field advantage, with Reed's weaponry is pretty unfair.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Scenario makes this a curbstomp for Sue. Vader doesn't get immediate eye-contact on Sue, allowing her to go invisible and put up her force-field. Sue gets enough time to activate the Baxter Building auto-defenses. Sure, Vader might beat them all, but Sue escapes and can grab any weapon from the building before re-engaging.

One-on-one matchup on a neutral field is a great battle. I don't know who wins that. This scenario, Curbstomp. Sue with home field advantage, with Reed's weaponry is pretty unfair.
    The setting in this case is just that. No going in the Baxter Building, no outside weapons, none of that. I just thought it made for an interesting place.

I'll update the OP with more specificity.

Astonishing Member

Did Sue get nerfed or something recently? She should be able to squish Vader with little issue, Baxter building or no.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Did Sue get nerfed or something recently? She should be able to squish Vader with little issue, Baxter building or no.
    Sue can certainly beat Vader. Her powers, when used right and in creative ways, she can do many things. Among her greatest feats is tearing Doom's armor and blocking Jean Grey's telekinisis with her forcefields.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Can he force choke her?

They can both do daft telekinetic things, but we know from the sources that Annie is buggered if Sue gains the high ground.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Can he force choke her?
    Last I checked Sue has pretty powerful force fields.

BANNED

So force fields stop the force now?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Last I checked Sue has pretty powerful force fields.
    in "scourge", sue was able to throw up a invisible force field around a entire planet for a extended period (not sure if it was days or weeks). sue said it was pushing her limits but she didn't seem to be straining or having any discomfort in the act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    So force fields stop the force now?
    It's been shown as able to contain everything from ambient light to gamma bomb radiation so I don't see why not.

It's been shown as able to contain everything from ambient light to gamma bomb radiation so I don't see why not.
    Vader has used the force on people across in rival ships tons of kilometers away, both ships having shields up.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

This seems like a quick draw, and as pointed out Vader does have some sweet speed feats.

BANNED

20191226153932.jpg

SUE... Who's your daddy?