Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Glad that Robocop Extreme Cyborg during post Titans Hunt era did NOT last...
    ugh...m-my....my eyes...they're bleeeeding!!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think that was the beginning of "walking tank" version of Victor with just a semihuman head and everything else being a machine. Truly awful.

To me, this is the best Superman costume of all time. I don't necessarily love all the stories published with it - in fact from a narrative standpoint, I see it as the point when I start thinking Rebirth is going downhill a little - though better than when the trunks came back for certain. But on the pure level of the costume itself, this is in my opinion, the single best Superman has ever looked. Simplicity equivalent to the briefs look, without the outdatedness of the briefs look.

I've got nothing against the briefs, by the way. I don't think they had to go away in the first place. Given that they did, however, they should've stayed gone, excepting deliberately nostalgia based works like "Superman Smashes the Klan," or those DC Rewind books they did a few years ago.

New 52 look wasn't great for most artists. Don't send Jim Lee to design a costume that looks good when anyone but Jim Lee draws it. Morales made it work, despite not really liking it himself, and Lee should never be allowed to draw any other Superman design besides his own, because he's just bad at selling clean simple designs, but in general it wasn't good. I do still have a certain nostalgic love for it though. Whenever I see the high collar on a piece of merch (usually with less overtly overdone lining and piping) I always get kind of happy. That was "my Superman" even though I don't love his outfit, and seeing him on backpacks or soup cans brings a little smile to my face.

I do however, sincerely and without reservations, love the jeans and workboots.

And on the subject of costumes I don't like, I don't care for her New 52 look either, but I really hate pre-Flashpoint Supergirl's miniskirt and crop top.

I just do not like this look at all, it just looks bad to me. Not to mention she's always drawn to look like she has an eating disorder... I mean, she still is sometimes, but the crop top made it more obvious. Look at those ribs. Poor kid! I hope living with Ma Kent gets some meat on those bones, for her sake.
    Last edited by Adekis; 12-31-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Wish stuck around:
    Huntress's 90's costume

Attachment 90531

Jason Todd's original Red Hood costume

Attachment 90532
    Totally agree with these two.

Oh yeah, I wish the Morrison Action looks for Mxyzptlk and Cosmic Man had stuck around.

yad5lJQ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    This would have been a good costume for her at the beginning of their career but not for the present day.
    So true. She looks too juvenile in that. Like something Kamala Khan would wear. That’s why I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    So true. She looks too juvenile in that. Like something Kamala Khan would wear. That’s why I hated it.
    For me, it wouldn't have worked at the beginning of her career either, because she was an adult then. I don't like the later versions drawing her back to younger when she became Batgirl.

Incredible Member

I honestly loved the Superman Blue suit. I had kinda hopped over the years that they would have created a new “Super” family member and gave him the Blue suit/powers. Heck, wouldn’t have to be a Super family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I honestly loved the Superman Blue suit. I had kinda hopped over the years that they would have created a new “Super” family member and gave him the Blue suit/powers. Heck, wouldn’t have to be a Super family member.
    They tried to give Live Wire this role, but it happened right before the 2011 reboot and nobody ever went back to that idea.

I really like that idea. I like when Superman manages to fully redeem opponents. It happens so rarely.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    They tried to give Live Wire this role, but it happened right before the 2011 reboot and nobody ever went back to that idea.

I really like that idea. I like when Superman manages to fully redeem opponents. It happens so rarely.
    I tooooooooootally missed that. It was prior to the 52 launch? Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I tooooooooootally missed that. It was prior to the 52 launch? Dang.
    Yeah, it was only a few months before the relaunch I'm afraid. It's disappointing this never got to go anywhere because I loved the idea.

Good lord this is awful, people complain about him being a head on a robot body now but it's nothing compared to this monstrosity.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I didn't like this look, its not THAT bad but the stubble Aquaman had made it look 10x worse.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I never liked this look for Rocket Red.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I loved this one.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...77929467042179

Walter West costume was bloody awesome.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.