Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't look at Diana's Deodato duds as a serious costume. She lost her costume to Artemis, so she had to wear something and this is just the 1980s version of street clothes--no more of a costume than Jack Knight's 1990s slacker style. It's a throwback to when Diana didn't have a costume at all and just wore mod gear.
    No, it was a real costume. Circe/Donna Milton and Etta Candy made it for her. It wasn't found in a thrift shop and adopted like Jack Knight's zodiac jacket.

WW 93.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You can take your pick with Powergirl. She has had so many just really horrible costumes. People like to whine and cry about the boob window suit, but it is the best she has ever had had.

The Best.

I like both first and last (the separate picture in the horizontal line) a lot more than I like the boob window (any of the many boob windows).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Attachment 90365

I don't care what anybody says, I like Mike Deodato's Wonder Woman costume, admittedly partially because it's so unfairly maligned and lasted for so short a time. In the 90's a lot of comics characters wore temporary outfits that were far worse, Diana over her long history has worn far worse. It was based on Madonna's tour costume and called back to Wonder Woman's bondage roots while also showing her in an edgier light. I think it's cool.

Attachment 90368
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    This 90s Wonder Woman is another stinker.

It's kind of funny, but the first Wonder Woman comic I ever got was a back issue with her wearing that costume and fighting Artemis...who is a character I always kind of liked.
    The jacket is cute and actually looks nice but the rest can go.

Phantom Girls Zero Hour costume was her best one and should've stuck around more

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    With only the cloak visible, I can't help but think of Raven when she was in white (I preferred her original color scheme). BTW of which, Raven's original outfit is probably her best, IMO. Simple and not likely to look dated later.

I still go down with the ship for Raven's New 52 Battle of the Planets costume. I also miss Superman's New 52 costume.

Am I a child of the 90s or what?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No, it was a real costume.
    Potato, potato. You look at it your way, I'll look at it my way. Let's call the whole thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    With only the cloak visible, I can't help but think of Raven when she was in white (I preferred her original color scheme). BTW of which, Raven's original outfit is probably her best, IMO. Simple and not likely to look dated later.
    Yeah, she does favor Raven a bit especially when the cloak wraps around her.

Agreed about Raven. Love her original look. Hate the goth aesthetic they keep trying to throw on her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    But on the flip side, Tim's New 52 costume is actually my favorite of his. Really wish he kept it.

I loved how the cape doubled as wings
    I absolutely loved this look, it's his best imo. I hate they ditched it for that stupid double R costume.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I like that Tim look. Not Doctor Midnight, and not a derivative Robin (well, only in name). And it just looks cool.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-17-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You can take your pick with Powergirl. She has had so many just really horrible costumes. People like to whine and cry about the boob window suit, but it is the best she has ever had had.
    I like both first and last (the separate picture in the horizontal line) a lot more than I like the boob window (any of the many boob windows).
    7286986_f260.jpg

I always like this costume the best. I guess I was one of way too few.

Granted it made sense for Kory not to keep the costume that her imposter wore, but Mirage’s taste in costumes wasn’t bad when she posed as Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I absolutely loved this look, it's his best imo. I hate they ditched it for that stupid double R costume.
    I was a big fan of the New 52 look too! I thought it was really creative, and I liked how the wings went into the little pack on his back. It was cute. The wings reminded me of Falcon in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    7286986_f260.jpg

I always like this costume the best. I guess I was one of way too few.
    I liked it too, and I was sad to see it go. I have to agree though, that Powergirl did. have a lot of bad costumes.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Orion's "superhero suit" -- not good. Stick with Kirby.
    b7db4ba0047986cf1ce77cc3b7194617-800.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I like that Tim look. Not Doctor Midnight, and not a derivative Robin (well, only in name). And it just looks cool.
    I would have liked for this costume to stick around.