Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Donna Troy (Wonder Girl) in Titans TV Series (SPOILERS)

I mean is he superpowered, to the point of near comparability to Wonder Girl's speed, strength and stamina? I don't think so.

They could have at least had Deathstroke trick her, like how Batman beat Power Woman in the animation movie.

What happened to her superspeed? She had it when she saved them froma falling tower...

lol

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Yeah, that portrayal of Donna was hot garbage....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Donna was great, for the most part, until they decided to get rid of her. This last showing made absolutely no sense. She was trading punches with Kon-El, which was fun to see her keep up with him, and then Electricity took her out? Whet? lol It was dumb. I'd rather Kon accidently did it and that woke him outta the brainwashing.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yeah, that portrayal of Donna was hot garbage....
    That whole show was hot garbage and made everyone look bad except for Conner's ass.

I haven’t seen any of the show. Can someone tell me what her origin was?

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I haven’t seen any of the show. Can someone tell me what her origin was?
    Same as the original one: saved from the fire by Diana (only she wasn't an infant in this version).

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Donna was great, for the most part, until they decided to get rid of her. This last showing made absolutely no sense. She was trading punches with Kon-El, which was fun to see her keep up with him, and then Electricity took her out? Whet? lol It was dumb. I'd rather Kon accidently did it and that woke him outta the brainwashing.

Yeah, Donna being electrocuted to death made no sense to me either.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Same as the original one: saved from the fire by Diana (only she wasn't an infant in this version).
    Thanks. That’s a relief to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yeah, Donna being electrocuted to death made no sense to me either.
    Donna is reportedly coming back for Season 3, so I expect there is a resurrection coming.

In the comics, Donna suffered an equally stupid death in Graduation Day before getting resurrected by the Titans of Myth.
    So...maybe they're trying to be comics accurate with the stupid death?

She makes reference at one point to being HALF human. We only see her father in the origin story so I'm wondering if we will find out that her mother is Rhea.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Donna is reportedly coming back for Season 3, so I expect there is a resurrection coming.

In the comics, Donna suffered an equally stupid death in Graduation Day before getting resurrected by the Titans of Myth.
    So...maybe they're trying to be comics accurate with the stupid death?

Of all of the things to be comic accurate with Donna, why that? That certainly wasn't one of her finest moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    She makes reference at one point to being HALF human. We only see her father in the origin story so I'm wondering if we will find out that her mother is Rhea.
    I think that would be a great tie-in/wink to the Wolfman Titans Troia origin. The connection to the Titans of Myth never bothered me; it was the fact that she wasn't connected to Diana/Themyscira is what bothered me about the Troia post-Crisis retcon. If her mother was Rhea, Phoebe or some other Titaness, it's a nice mix of the two. Now, why can't the comics writers do the same....

Amazing Member

Donna's "death" made very little sense and was completely underwhelming. The only reason I am not upset is because it is almost certain that she is going to be resurrected. Connor Leslie let slip in an interview that the Troia storyline has yet to be explored on the show. My only hope is that it is not solely Rachel who brings her back. I would like it to have more to do with the sacred place the Amazons are taking her, which will hopefully tie to the Titans of Myth. I hope Rachel is just there for an assist.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I mean is he superpowered, to the point of near comparability to Wonder Girl's speed, strength and stamina? I don't think so.

They could have at least had Deathstroke trick her, like how Batman beat Power Woman in the animation movie.

What happened to her superspeed? She had it when she saved them froma falling tower...

lol
    Doesn't Deathstroke punch above his weight class in the comics too? Didn't he fight Diana and somehow not end up a smear on the pavement and he took on the Titans hismelf? I'm not justifying nonsensical writing, but it would at least be consistent.

I thought her advantage in strength and speed should have been a bit more evident in the fight. (You know if he ever fights Superboy they will make it abundantly clear how outmatched DS is.) I would not have been as bothered if Nightwing had not been able to go toe to toe with him. Yes, Rose had to help in the end, but he was putting up a much better showing than Donna did, even in the flashback fight. (As an aside, why were Donna and Dawn just sitting in the car while Dick was seemingly about to lose the fight? I would have liked Donna to at last try to avenge the Amazons he killed.) Starfire also did much better against him, but that at least is understandable.

All that being said, I've enjoyed the show quite a bit.
    Last edited by fong03; 12-18-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    Doesn't Deathstroke punch above his weight class in the comics too? Didn't he fight Diana and somehow not end up a smear on the pavement and he took on the Titans hismelf? I'm not justifying nonsensical writing, but it would at least be consistent.

I thought her advantage in strength and speed should have been a bit more evident in the fight. (You know if he ever fights Superboy they will make it abundantly clear how outmatched DS is.) I would not have been as bothered if Nightwing had not been able to go toe to toe with him. Yes, Rose had to help in the end, but he was putting up a much better showing than Donna did, even in the flashback fight. (As an aside, why were Donna and Dawn just sitting in the car while Dick was seemingly about to lose the fight. I would have liked Donna to at last try to avenge the Amazons he killed.) Starfire also did much better against him, but that at least is understandable.

All that being said, I've enjoyed the show quite a bit.
    Agree 100%. Even with enhanced strength and speed IDK if DS is a match for a room full of Amazons, let alone dispatch them with seemingly little effort. I mean, they're immortals imbued with gifts from the Greek Pantheon including Zeus himself who have trained as warriors for thousands of years and he just mopped the floor with them? Um. No. Then, to see how he easily took down Donna... Maybe if he had the element of surprise but, there's no way DS could outmatch Wonder Woman or either of her proteges in a fair fight. Case in point: in the Judas Contract, DS easily took down the NTT using stealth. He never faced Starfire or Donna in direct fair combat because, he'd lose.
    Last edited by donnafan; 12-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.