Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Deathstroke is easiest to describe as an evil Batman. He knows most supers will wipe the floor with him, so he finds ways to give himself an edge.
    That isn't how he beat Donna in the show.

Why are seeing this shabby crap, killed by a falling lamp post? Donna is a woman, in a DC Comic.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

It was a pretty lame scene and death. I've overall enjoyed Titans but some of their "action" scenes fall very, very short.

Nevermind that her death in the comic was equally shabby. No explanation that her Amazon magic or Purple Ray mojo had been worn down, before her fight with Superbaby Prime...oh no. He just heat-visions Donna - a woman, who learned her trade fighting space gods - through the chest, ..and drops her, like a sack of kanga dung. That was it.

Should we be surprised that the misogyny followed her into live action? And I hate her pointy, w-shaped bust line thing, too...hate it!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-21-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    And he has Super Strength anyway. Now to what degree is debatable, he’s above peak human in the comics. There is nothing saying that they didn’t make him even stronger in the show. And again Donna was still training when they first fought. And she got her licks in as well. I doubt that would even the same way 5 years later.
    Well it's not Batman level strength, true. It's more like Wolverine. His official powers are mostly just regeneration, and not really even good regen. But it's enough he can force himself to exert himself in ways that would kill a normal person. It's like retard strength but as a super power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    And he has Super Strength anyway. Now to what degree is debatable, he’s above peak human in the comics. There is nothing saying that they didn’t make him even stronger in the show. And again Donna was still training when they first fought. And she got her licks in as well. I doubt that would even the same way 5 years later.
    Wonder Woman has no real weakness, but stabbing her a bunch of times would do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Nevermind that her death in the comic was equally shabby. No explanation that her Amazon magic or Purple Ray mojo had been worn down, before her fight with Superbaby Prime...oh no. He just heat-visions Donna - a woman, who learned her trade fighting space gods - through the chest, ..and drops her, like a sack of kanga dung. That was it.

Should we be surprised that the misogyny followed her into live action? And I hate her pointy, w-shaped bust line thing, too...hate it!
    Even worse-- it was a Superman robot....

That is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    She makes reference at one point to being HALF human. We only see her father in the origin story so I'm wondering if we will find out that her mother is Rhea.
    I thought the show (and perhaps even the regular DCU) might be taking the origin of peripheral Wonder Family Cousin GRACE CHO - Human Dad and Ama-MOM - and giving it to DONNA. Since shuffling around those origins seems to be the way things go between the Wonders. Diana got Cassie's and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I thought the show (and perhaps even the regular DCU) might be taking the origin of peripheral Wonder Family Cousin GRACE CHO - Human Dad and Ama-MOM - and giving it to DONNA. Since shuffling around those origins seems to be the way things go between the Wonders. Diana got Cassie's and all.
    Thanks. Really makes the case for Donna getting her own TV series. Great video...

Fantastic Member

I'm glad they killed Donna if this is how pathetically she is going to be portrayed, but in the future, if plans are good..

Let her resurrected by the Titan Themis solely and call her Lady Justice, with a blindfold and sword, she can:

a) See if someone is lying our not
    b) See invisible/supernatural/illusions
    c) Her sword will only injure/kill evil beings; if they are not evil, it can defend, but the sword will phase through them if stabbed offensively
    d) Her sword can only kill evil gods and supernatural beings
    e) She also has psychic / prophecy powers thought limited

how cool and kinky is that..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I'm glad they killed Donna if this is how pathetically she is going to be portrayed, but in the future, if plans are good..

Let her resurrected by the Titan Themis solely and call her Lady Justice, with a blindfold and sword, she can:

a) See if someone is lying our not
    b) See invisible/supernatural/illusions
    c) Her sword will only injure/kill evil beings; if they are not evil, it can defend, but the sword will phase through them if stabbed offensively
    d) Her sword can only kill evil gods and supernatural beings
    e) She also has psychic / prophecy powers thought limited

how cool and kinky is that..lol
    Lady Justice sounds like a Lifetime Network movie about a vigilante judge. Courtroom in the day, dealing out justice at night!

Fantastic Member

well Themis is lady justice...Themyscira...lol...beter than Troia!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    well Themis is lady justice...Themyscira...lol...beter than Troia!
    I did not know this about Themis! Thanks for sharing this bit of information about Themyscira. OK. That's my one new thing I learned today. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    And Donna's Rebirth origin was Diana's pre-Crisis one. Too bad Diana's own origin had recently been retconned meaning Donna's was already invalidated. Lack of communication between the Wonder Woman writer and the Justice League/Titans writers. Donna's has now changed to not knowing her origin again, as she remembers all of them. 5G hopefully will fix it.

As for the show, I wonder if they'll resurrect her, and she'll realise her history is false? They could adapt Who Is Wonder Girl.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-23-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman