Fantastic Member

Default Which major crossover/event series had the most impact? Which had the least?

Marvel has spent decades coming up with crossovers and events that are supposed to change everything. However, that seems to be true for only some of them. So, which had the most impact and which had the least?

BANNED

Secret Wars 1984 was the first, biggest, most influential of crossover events.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Civil War. For good or bad.
    Heroes have had stronger, different opinions ever since and the hero vs hero thing has never gone away.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

House of M (for the mutants), World War Hulk (for Hulk and other Avengers), Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign era.
    "Cable was right!"

ya ever notice how no one cares about fear itself
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ya ever notice how no one cares about fear itself
    Haha. I liked it.

I think mostly Hulk, Steve Rogers, Bucky, Black Widow, Colossus and Thor got affected. Not sure what happened to Tony's sobriety issue.
    "Cable was right!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Civil War, House of M, Secret Invasion, Ultimatum, and Hickman's Secret Wars

No one talks about contest of champions 2 much. Then again that's the series that has punisher beat all of the new warriors with a single gun and nothing else. A lot of odd strange wins that make no sense in that book. (some of the wins were votes like marvel vs dc was)

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    No one talks about contest of champions 2 much. Then again that's the series that has punisher beat all of the new warriors with a single gun and nothing else. A lot of odd strange wins that make no sense in that book. (some of the wins were votes like marvel vs dc was)

[IMG][/IMG]
    I've never even heard of this event!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    I absolutely loved this event. Tony was the one who figured everything out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I would say Maximum Security is the most forgotten crossover.

Secret wars 3 from Fantastic Four #313-319 and Fantastic Four Annual #21 (also part of another event! Yes this book is part of two events at once!) No one remembers it.

Most fans didn't even know the last secret wars was part 4 and not 3!

[IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Ultimatum was the most influential in a negative sense because it essentially destroyed the Ultimate line.

House of M was also very influential because it defined the X-men line for nearly 10 years.