Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Best:
    Wally and Linda
    Arthur and Mera
    Clark and Lois
    Pre FP Midnighter and Apollo (Orlando tried his best tho, I'll commend him)
    Hourman and Jesse Quick
    Ryan and Giganta

Worst:
    Bruce and Diana
    Clark and Diana
    John and Fatality
    Barry and Patty
    J'onn and Kendra (Snyder.. what..)
    Donna and all the manchildren she keeps dating (Kyle, Roy, and Terry)
    Joker and Harley

Ships that had chemistry but you know they're a hot mess:
    Batwoman and Renee
    Hal and Carol

Ships that were good at one point but they just need to let them go:
    Dick and Barbara
    Dick and Kory

Ships that could've been good had they actually done more with it than just a tease or whatever:
    Dick and Kate Spencer or Helena Bertinelli (pre FP or post FP)
    Piper and Singh and tbh Piper and Trickster had they had the guts to do it cause it seemed like they were gonna go there before they killed him.
    Last edited by M L A; 12-17-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Actually thinking it over, there's another one that the writing made me actively dislike from the get-go: Kyle and Carol. It was so out-of-left field, and written so badly it was impossible not to hate just on principle. Brief as it may have been.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

The best overall is probably Superman and Lois Lane, and I think it shined the brightest on the first couple seasons of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. I think that was probably the best depiction of their relationship. It was fresh and exciting, both characters were presented as equally important, and it was legitimately, believably romantic, which the comics often aren't, because that's just not their bag as much, I guess. Lois and Clark was, after all, about 65 to 70% RomCom, I'd say.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-17-2019 at 04:31 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Best:
    John and Katma
    Vixen and Bronze Tiger
    Nightwing and Starfire
    Ice and Guy Gardner
    Nightshade and Nemesis
    Cyborg and Sarah
    Superman and Lois

Amazing Member

Worst of all:
    Clark and Lois

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Best couples:

Lois and Clark - The way that they have been written since the 90's are great. The ideal relationship. They respect each other and have great chemistry.

Wally and Linda - Not sure if they or Lois and Clark are my favorite but it's close. Also really good for each other with great chemistry but not as perfect which is more realistic. It matches with their personalities though as Wally is more of a every man and Clark is more of the ideal man. Also a huge part of Wallys story in general with Linda being his lightning rod and all.

Katar and Shayera Hall - The ideal husband and wife couple who were always a team. I think they were written best in the 70's and 80's and haven't really been written as well as a couple since then.

Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown - A cute teenage romance that we were able to see develop and really see how they care for each other.

Dick Grayson and Barbra Gordon - Werent really able.to see this grow in detail like the other ones but nice to see high school sweet hearts get together.

Hal and Carol - Although it has a lot of bumps in.the road and it's a bit of a tragic romance you can see they really care for each other and they are meant to be.

Good couples but has some issues:

Wally and Francis Kane - High school sweet hearts and I like that aspect and that they really cared for each other but Frankie had issues and were ultimately not good for each other.

Guy Gardner and Ice - Its kind of sweet but with obvious issues Guy being a full on A hole at the time and Ice being the biggest softie. Was definitely entertaining though.

Aquaman and Mera - Although mostly a steady couple and iconic they had major issues and tension with each other for a couple of decades after the death of their child in the 70's which did not get resolved until Brightest day in 2010. Since then they have been back to their iconic status.

Bad couples:

Superman and Wonde Woman -While not specifics being terrible about the actual relationship it's just very lazy writing with really no reason or chemistry to put them together other then the most powerful Male and female heroes in the DCU.

Carter and Kendra - I get when John's brought Hawkman back in.the early 2000's he wanted to do.something different then the classic loving Hawk couple but it just never worked. It was an ok plot to have Kendra not remember their romance but it just took way too.long and then rushed at the end. Plus it came off creepy with the age difference and I dont really like Kendra as a character.
    They never had any chemistry either.

Firestorm and Doreen - Not a very famous one but she was Ronnie's girlfriend for most of his run and their relationship was always terrible.

Kyle and Carol - Just yuck. It's like having Barry date Linda. (Yeah I know they actually did that on.the show)

Hal and.that girl that was Guys girlfriend before he got knocked into a coma. Was rushed. Made no sense and was quickly.dropped thank.goodness.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Best:
    Kyle and sora
    Hawkman and hawkgirl/hawkwoman
    Mister miracle and Big Barda
    Swampy and Abby
    Jason and Artemis

Worst:
    Kyle and Carol
    Trinity pairing
    Kyle and Jade(ended ugly)
    Donna and Roy
    Hal and Arisa

Best:

Clark and Lois
    Dick and Barbara (pre-New 52)
    Arthur and Mera
    Wally and Linda
    Hawkman and Hawkgirl (all versions)

Worst:

Diana and Bruce
    Cheetah and Snapper Carr
    Superboy and Tana Moon (sorry, but that's practically pedophilia)
    Hal and Arisia (same as the above)
    Donna and Terry

Mighty Member

Best:
    Clark and Lois These two were made for each other
    Bruce and Selina - Catwoman has been flip flopping for decades...she definitely works for Batman
    Arthur and Mera
    Dick and Barbara (hey I liked this pairing...I understand why it would have to end though)
    Scott Free and Barda

Worse:
    Supeman and Wonder Woman...literally the most boring pairing in all of comicdom...
    Harley and Joker - normally it's cool when written as the mess it is, however they either tend to push into either the lovey dovey relationship where the abuse is swept under the rug, or ONLY abuse where you don't understand how Harley lasted so long in the first place.
    Harley and Ivy - Surprisingly...looking back on most early stories with their "friendship" Ivy is just as abusive as Joker, only more in a psychological way rather physically. Pam would always dismiss Harley and put her down (understandably due to Harley being more prone to goof off around Ivy and actually be competent when around Joker). That said, any squabbles they get in is usually played for laughs because they are both women. Also...Ivy basically becoming Harley's sidekick was a massive mistake.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Harley and Joker - normally it's cool when written as the mess it is, however they either tend to push into either the lovey dovey relationship where the abuse is swept under the rug, or ONLY abuse where you don't understand how Harley lasted so long in the first place.
    Harley and Ivy - Surprisingly...looking back on most early stories with their "friendship" Ivy is just as abusive as Joker, only more in a psychological way rather physically. Pam would always dismiss Harley and put her down (understandably due to Harley being more prone to goof off around Ivy and actually be competent when around Joker). That said, any squabbles they get in is usually played for laughs because they are both women. Also...Ivy basically becoming Harley's sidekick was a massive mistake.
    Ivy's been known to hit Harley every once and while, though not nearly as much as the Joker. I agree her abuse is more emotional.

Basically it's a twisted three way dynamic: Harley/Joker isn't just one note abusive, and Harley/Ivy may be the lesser of two evils but isn't much healthier or without its own abuse. Harley of course isn't an entirely unwilling participant, as she's an enthusiastic submissive who seems out domineering personalities. They are three psychos though and that's what makes them interesting, no way in Hell are they something to aspire towards but it makes for fascinating character dynamics.

I do dislike how Ivy seems to get stuck to Harley at the hip though. The two need a break and Pam should remind people that she's a force to be reckoned with and capable of great stories on her own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Best:
    John and Katma

Favorite.

1. Kyle and Jenny. Best couple EVER created. Best couple stories ever written.
    2. Wally and Linda.
    3. Ollie and Dinah.
    4. I loved when Billy joined the JSA and flirted with Stargirl. Sadly, it didnt go anywhere, but it would have been cool.
    5. Steph and Tim.
    6. Apollo and Midnighter.
    7. Rick Tyler and Jesse Quick!

Worst:
    1. J'onn and Kendra
    2. Carol and Kyle. Felt weird. Kyle and Soranik were good.
    3. Joker and Harley, but mostly cuz i'm sick of HQ already.
    4. Roy and Kendra.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

As of right now, I only have one worst couple and its Arthur and Mera.

Best: Clark & Lois, Wally & Linda, Dick & Barbara, Garth & Imra.

Worst: Carter & Kendra, Jesse Chambers & Rick Tyler (obnoxious lout), Dinah & Ollie (set Dinah free from this toxic relationship AND its fans), anything done by Chuck Austen.

Best:

Superman and Lois
    Batman and Catwoman
    Aquaman and Mera
    Barry Allen and Iris
    Wally West and Linda
    Kyle Rayner and Jade.

Worst:

Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor
    Nightwing and Starfire
    Batman and Shondra Kinsolving
    Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy