Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Best: Ralph and Sue Dibny
    Last edited by Lindsey; 12-22-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anthony shaw View Post
    hawkgirl could neva!!!!

Incredible Member

I have a question about Hal and Carol. I haven't read much Green Lantern, but is she considered his true love? Because I see them listed on an awful lot of "worst couples" lists, yet she seems to be be his oldest and main love interest, right? So why do people not like them? Is it because the comics have never let them get together for real and it just keeps going back and forth all the time?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I have a question about Hal and Carol. I haven't read much Green Lantern, but is she considered his true love? Because I see them listed on an awful lot of "worst couples" lists, yet she seems to be be his oldest and main love interest, right? So why do people not like them? Is it because the comics have never let them get together for real and it just keeps going back and forth all the time?
    I think the back and forth may be a big factor in it. Doesn't help that Carol was originally a flat character that didn't have much going for her besides nagging Green Lantern into marrying her when she wasn't getting possessed by an evil space gem. Plus the movie.

Though for me personally that isn't enough to put them on a worst list. Other couples have had annoying writing behind them as well (Clark/Lois, Diana/Steve, Bruce/Selina, Dick with Babs and Kory) and I wouldn't put them on one, so they are no different. But Carol/Kyle and especially Hal/Arisha deserve the "worst" treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    People who hate Hal and Carol are the types of hypocrites who who think Tom King's Bat/Cat is compelling :P