Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Best and Worst Couples

DC Comics is full of couples. Some have worked and some should never be seen or mentioned ever again. What are the best and worst couples in your mind?

Best: Superman and Lois Lane

Worst: Superman and Wonder Woman

BANNED

Bests: Mister Terrific and Sasha Bordeaux, Wally West and Linda Park, J´onn and Kendra, John and Shayera, Hawkman and Hawkgirl/woman, Superman and Lois Lane, Supergirl and Brainiac 5, Miss Martian and Superboy, Aquaman and Mera, Val Zod and Power Girl, Lana Lang and John Henry Irons.

Worst: Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy (Ivy tried many times to kill Harley and everybody likes forget it, also this relationship is a simplification of same-sex friendship and killed both characters, specially Ivy who doesn´t think right now in nothing else besides Harley, it isn´t a character anymore with own goals), batwoman and literally any female, aqualad from YJ and that atlantean boy, Beast Boy and Terra, Superman and Wonder woman, Batma and Talia, Roy Harper and Starfire, that weird and awful thing between Catwoman and that female

Best;
    Clark and Lois pre-Bendis
    Wally and Linda
    Dick and Kori
    Steve Trevor and Diana
    Super Boy Conner and M'gann
    Wally and Artemis
    BB and Queen Perdita

Worst;
    Clark and Diana
    Bruce and Diana
    Harley and Ivy
    Harley and Joker
    Roy and Kori

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Best:
    Clark and Lois
    Bruce and Selina
    Diana and Steve
    Dick and Babs
    Hal and Carol
    Arthur and Mera
    Wally and Linda
    Barry and Iris
    Swamp Thing and Abby
    Apollo and Midnighter
    Kate and Renee
    Kate and Maggie
    Scandal and Knockout

Worst:
    Clark and Diana
    Bruce and Diana
    Dick and Kory after a certain point
    Donna and Terry Long
    Barbara Minerva and Etta Candy
    Harley and Ivy sometimes
    Carol and Kyle
    Diana and Orion
    Lilith and Azrael- hands down the worst of the bunch

Astonishing Member

Wally and Linda is the best. It was allowed to grow and develop. Linda was her own character before she was ever a love interest, unlike 90% of the other relationship that aren't inter-hero ones. The drama they had was always well written and believable and the only thing that every screwed them up was the ending of the timeline.

Always Rakzo

Best: Lois and Clark.

Worst: Ollie and Dinah.

You know the truth.

I actually only have a few I have been invested in to say they're favorites, and only one I hate enough to call it worst:

Faves:
    Lois and Clark (unmarried dynamic)
    Superman and Wonder Woman (Yes I'm allowed to like both)
    Batman and Catwoman

Worst:
    Batman and Wonder Woman

Anything else I'll give a college try/am used to but don't feel strongly one way or another.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Best:clark kent and bruce wayne
    Lois and clark
    Wally and linda
    Ollie and dinah
    Batman and catwoman
    Worst: Felicity Smoak

Best
    Clark and Lois, pre-Bendis
    Green Arrow and Black Canary
    Dick Grayson and Starfire
    Big Barda and Mister Miracle

Meh
    Batman and Catwoman
    Batman and Wonder Woman
    Barry Allen and Iris West

Bad
    Ray Palmer and Jean Loring
    Superman and Wonder Woman
    Bruce Wayne and Barbara Gordon
    Joker and Harley (when not played as the abusive mess it is)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Best:
    Clark and Lois - When written well, these two are easily top of the heap
    Wally and Linda - Still my favourite couple in comics, even if they haven't been for the past decade....
    Dick and Babs - Always preferred Barbara over Starfire
    Arthur and Mera - Says how great these characters are being written that they make the list.
    Apollo and Midnighter - A shame all was pretty much lost come New 52.
    Scandal and Knockout - Gail Simone, I LOVE YOU. Secret Six was quite simply BRILLIANT.

Worst:
    Clark and Diana - I get the reasoning, but it just never worked for me.
    Donna and Terry - I tried, really. But man, I HATED Terry!
    Harley and Ivy - WHY????
    Carol and Kyle - OH MY GOD WWWWHHHHHYYYY?????
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ready to turn some heads!

The Best:

Batman x Wonder Woman
    Batman x Batgirl
    Nightwing x Batgirl
    Superman x Lois Lane
    Aquaman x Mera
    Nightwing x Starfire
    Batgirl x Jason Bard
    Hal Jordan x Carol
    Wonder Woman x Steve Trevor
    Hawkman x Hawkwoman/girl
    Joker x Harley

The Worst
    :

Carol x Kyle
    Superman x Wonder Woman
    Martian Manhunter x Kendra
    Batman x Catwoman
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 12-16-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Donna and Terry - I tried, really. But man, I HATED Terry!
    Three things from the 80s that didn’t age well: Donna and Terry. Deathstroke and Terra. Winger’s “Seventeen”.

I'm more likely to have whole orientation headcanons than just favorite ships...

Bruce Wayne is Aromantic and Asexual in my mind, just totally uninterested in either romance or sex, so that means Any Ship Involving Bruce automatically goes on my Worst Ships List.

Similarly but very different, Dick Grayson is a Straight Hot Mess with juuuust enough maturity to recognize that he's too immature to ever have a serious romantic relationship. He might have good ships, but he can't sustain them.

Kal though... boy. First of all he's bi, but more importantly, I ship Superman monogamously with like, everyone, in different timelines. I ship him with most with Lois, but definitely not only with her! I also ship him with Cat Grant, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, Jimmy Olsen, Wonder Woman, Luma Lynai, Brainiac Five, Maxima... I used to joke that I'd like to see a story where Lois has to fight Superman's League of Exes in order to date him!

I appreciate that Justice League Action, where Superman seemed pretty solidly together with Wonder Woman, could co-exist with the movie Justice League, where there was never any hint of a question that he's with Lois. I think he should be with Lois in all the Big Important Media, I just don't think those should be the Only Versions.

As for Wonder Woman, I ship her with Superman a bit, but not half as much as I ship her with Steve, or even Etta Candy.

Harley and Joker though... denied. That relationship needs to be Over™.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I will admit I don't feel exceptionally strongly about all of these, but I do remember moments with each that I genuinely enjoyed and are highlights of their stories, so they get put on the list. Not a comprehensive list and sticking only to stuff that's in official publications, but...

BEST

Lois and Clark
    Wally and Linda
    Dinah and Ollie (fight me)
    Arthur and Mera
    Hawkman and Hawkgirl
    Guy Gardner and Ice
    Jay and Joan
    Ryan Choi and Giganta. What?
    Jack Knight and Sadie.
    Cliff Steel and Jane (comics only, hard pass on the show)
    Larry and John (Doom Patrol TV)
    Rick Tyler and Jessie Chambers
    Scandal and Knockout
    Zinda and booze

WORST

TRINITY SHIPPING - Any way you slice it this always comes out dreadful.
    Hal and Arisia - WHY
    J'onn and Kendra - Like PG/Val Zod, it seemed like they were in a relationship before any chemistry really occurred and it just feels so ham-fisted and dreadfully dull that my eyes glaze over when I'm reading it.
    John and Fatality - Everything about this was weird. Like uncomfortable weird and I don't think it helped either of them.
    Joker and Harley - When it's written that the former actually cares for the latter.
    Captain Marvel/Shazam and Stargirl - Yes, they were good kids who liked each other, but as always, any relationship involving Billy gets uncomfortable something quick.
    Carol and Kyle - Feel's like she's dating her ex's kid cousin. I know they're probably close in age bracket, but the generational thing I can't get over.
    Hal and Carol - I seriously just never bought it. I read Johns run start-to-finish and the only part I couldn't suspend my disbelief for was this working out.
    Dan Didio and the Fab Five - I want off Uncle Dan's Turbulent Ride, please.

SCHRODINGER'S SHIP

Jonah Hex and Tallulah Black - I remember enjoying when they were on panel together, but man oh man, messes don't get hotter than these two. It's a wreck I can't look away from and can set my watch to.
    Bruce and Selina. Used to be a big fan but Tom King's really run it into the mud with poor writing. I really don't know how I feel about them anymore. Depends on the writer or execution.
    Diana and Steve Trevor - The movie really convinced me on these two having a lot of potential, but Steve has rarely worked in print. Not sold, but not over them either.
    Harley and Ivy - Not against the pairing but I hate that it's turned Poison flippin' Ivy into someone's +1 and she's not really herself anymore as a result.
    Dick Grayson and Stafire or Barbara - Like 'em both, so I'm both for and against both at the same time, ergo it's time to try something new. Embrace Nightwing and Power Girl.
    John and Kendra - I prefer the Hawks together, but I cannot deny that the DCAU didn't make a compelling argument for them.
    Jason and Artemis - I don't know how I feel about these two because there did seem to be something going on there, but at the same time, I think it's just Soy's artwork and I know he ships them. Not sold, don't hate it.

Fantastic Member

The Best
    Superman and Lois Lane
    Dick Grayson and Starfire
    Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon
    Bruce and Selina
    Aquaman and Mera
    Mister miracle and Big Barda

Worst
    Tom king' s Batman And Catwoman
    Nu52 superman and Wonder woman
    Hal Jordan and Carol