Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Found it:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...f-x-questions/

Jamesons (@SiteJamesons) asked: Does Logan still have his Adamantium skeleton after coming back from the dead? How did he get it?

Jonathan: This was, by far, the most frequently asked question, but I don’t think it’s actually that interesting because it doesn’t matter what the answer is.

If Wolverine is reborn without his Adamantium skeleton, we’ve seen him get it back before and we can replicate that (sure, it sucks, but he’s a tough dude), if he’s born with it, then it’s because the Five were able to tweak his body In Vitro (Vivo? Eggo?) Either way it’s just a process.
    What the more interesting question is is why does Cyclops need a visor? Why doesn’t Chamber have a jaw? Does the imprinting of the backup of their mind mean they have to be broken in that familiar way to actually be them?

And we’ve already shown a couple of interesting tweaks like Monet being able to assume a Penance form and Warren being able to be both regular angel and Archangel. So there seems to be some ability to tweak the finished version of a resurrected mutant. Is that also true about their age? Or about other aspects of their physical condition? What about their gender? What about if they want to be backed up from an earlier version? One that hasn’t suffered a particular trauma or had their heart broken?

Regardless, these all sound like stories to me.

And we don’t tell them for free.
    The meta answer is All Hail the Status Quo. Wolverine has metal bones, Cyclops needs a visor, and Chamber is missing the lower part of his face. Unless someone manages to write for 5 to 10 years and keeps one of them different from that long enough for it to stick, like Xavier finally retaining the ability to walk after a dozen or so failed attempts.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Proteus could have done it. It is not mentioned but is the easiest explanation.
    The easiest explanation is that Hickman didn't think about it. He does what every author does: he is making stories.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I'm going with Proteus as the obvious answer here. Him simply using his reality warping powers to coat Logan's bones with adamantium seems like the easiest, least invasive and non-painful way to replace it in his new body. IMO it would've been kind of cool if he didn't have it right away after being resurrected, and then we actually saw someone give it back to him later on (e.g., Proteus using his powers, or Apocalypse using the same technology that gave it back to him before in Wolverine #145).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The meta answer is All Hail the Status Quo. Wolverine has metal bones, Cyclops needs a visor, and Chamber is missing the lower part of his face. Unless someone manages to write for 5 to 10 years and keeps one of them different from that long enough for it to stick, like Xavier finally retaining the ability to walk after a dozen or so failed attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The easiest explanation is that Hickman didn't think about it. He does what every author does: he is making stories.
    Bingo Bango; I believe these are the answers you are looking for

I didn't realize that so many people had been asking the same question. To me it was a plot hole that stuck in my mind after reading the comics. I am immensely enjoying Hickman's work but I think I would have preferred if wolverine would had been reborn with bone claws. Thanks for pointing me to the explanation Hickman gave.

I hated that explanation from Hickman. Basically boiled down to 'don't think about it'. When you write a massive, series re-defining series designed to get fans asking questions, you shouldn't be telling them that things like this don't matter.

Whenever Logan lost the Adamantium, it was a BIG DEAL. Yeah, status quo and all that, but in series it always lasted a while and had big consequences for Logan.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The King Crimson mantra from "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind" applies:
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I hated that explanation from Hickman. Basically boiled down to 'don't think about it'. When you write a massive, series re-defining series designed to get fans asking questions, you shouldn't be telling them that things like this don't matter.

Whenever Logan lost the Adamantium, it was a BIG DEAL. Yeah, status quo and all that, but in series it always lasted a while and had big consequences for Logan.
    Who says that the way he got the metal back this time won't have big consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Have we seen this? Not that I remember how the last writer left him, and not that that was not an "easy process to replicate".
    In theory, he should also have his teen version's fire wings, thus giving him three separate forms. They were amputated, but the cosmic Black Vortex upgrade, which would've affected his entire body, was never actually removed, so the only reason he wouldn't have had it up to now is because he simply forgot he had it - he would've regained it as soon as his original wings grew back (the ones he got from Mimic were eventually damaged enough that they had to be amputated). A reborn body though, ought to lack both upgrades, so, like with Logan's adamantium, there's definitely some transfiguration going on, likely from Proteus.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-17-2019 at 04:11 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

You’ve just made Hickman’s point for him. We’ve seen that story beat, and there are countless ways his adamantium could have been put back. Why waste time on something we know can happen and has happened with multiple characters at the hands of multiple characters. There’re so many more interesting things to cover including other questions that haven’t been answered repeatedly over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You’ve just made Hickman’s point for him. We’ve seen that story beat, and there are countless ways his adamantium could have been put back. Why waste time on something we know can happen and has happened with multiple characters at the hands of multiple characters. There’re so many more interesting things to cover including other questions that haven’t been answered repeatedly over the years.
    Yes. Such as why his hair comes back like that. And who does it for him? Or if he sneaks off to a private room somewhere with a nice vanity mirror and an assortment of special samurai trimmers...something like a ritual...a little like...I'm the best at what I do...secretly asking "...aren't I?"

I just hope it's not a Weapon X trauma induced thing.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-17-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Its not a waste of time when the adamantium is big part of the character. Losing it and gaining it have always been big traumatic moments. In this case we don't have a single way his adamantium has been stated as being back. Fan theories aren't the same as text. Its something that should be more important than it is being presented. Hell, Logan has an entire longstanding villain who's entire motivation is based on his adamantium skeleton!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Found it:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...f-x-questions/

Jamesons (@SiteJamesons) asked: "Does Logan still have his Adamantium skeleton after coming back from the dead? How did he get it?"

Jonathan: "This was, by far, the most frequently asked question, but I don’t think it’s actually that interesting because it doesn’t matter what the answer is.

If Wolverine is reborn without his Adamantium skeleton, we’ve seen him get it back before and we can replicate that (sure, it sucks, but he’s a tough dude), if he’s born with it, then it’s because the Five were able to tweak his body In Vitro (Vivo? Eggo?) Either way it’s just a process.
    What the more interesting question is is why does Cyclops need a visor? Why doesn’t Chamber have a jaw? Does the imprinting of the backup of their mind mean they have to be broken in that familiar way to actually be them?

And we’ve already shown a couple of interesting tweaks like Monet being able to assume a Penance form and Warren being able to be both regular angel and Archangel. So there seems to be some ability to tweak the finished version of a resurrected mutant. Is that also true about their age? Or about other aspects of their physical condition? What about their gender? What about if they want to be backed up from an earlier version? One that hasn’t suffered a particular trauma or had their heart broken?

Regardless, these all sound like stories to me.

And we don’t tell them for free.
    "
    In other words, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Its not a waste of time when the adamantium is big part of the character. Losing it and gaining it have always been big traumatic moments. In this case we don't have a single way his adamantium has been stated as being back. Fan theories aren't the same as text. Its something that should be more important than it is being presented. Hell, Logan has an entire longstanding villain who's entire motivation is based on his adamantium skeleton!
    More or less traumatic than coming back from beyond the grave?

It doesn't make much sense to think that a process that has worked out how to bring someone back from the dead without serious amounts of mental trauma could work out small potatoes stuff like bonding a metal to bone.

Yup. I remember a friend of mine who teaches at Berkeley saying, "Students today are majorly metaphorically challenged... they are so literal that it is scary. Trying to have them understand poetry, simile, and metaphor is really depressing."

I think some X-Men fans epitomize the worst of that demographic.