Default Is Rose being downgraded for TROS? (possible spoilers)

Although she still appears in the film it doesn't look like she accompanies the leads in any way apart from the scenes with the resistance gathered together, and according to some rumors she's mainly been reduced to a sort of supporting resistance character like Billie Lourd's Connix (In fact they seem to share a scene in the trailer). The lead-in comics and novels to TROS also seem to do very little with the Finn/Rose romance angle either. Some who have claimed to have seen the film say she doesn't do much apart from moral support and Rebel rallying, and some have said that Finn is pretty much back to having feelings for Rey and the possible romance is pretty much totally ignored. It also seems like her status as "the fourth lead" has been taken by either Naomi Acklie or Keri Russel's characters which have been used more heavily in marketing.

I've kind of reminded a bit of ROTS sort of dropping/ignoring some dangling plot lines from AOTC (Which were mostly later resolved in Clone Wars)-the whole thing with the Clone Army being ordered and Boba Fett's possible revenge for his father's death; or any plans Lucas originally had for Jar-Jar that perhaps were altered due to the reaction to the character.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Honestly the romance was pretty forced IMO. That said if she does have any big scenes it makes sense they would keep them under wraps to avoid spoilers. Still I wouldn't put too much stock into the rumors.

Hope she keeps her "forth Ranger" stats at the very least. Was more into the idea of Finn and Rey becoming a couple, but I could see Rose working, too.

Possible spoiler from tie-in prequel novel: spoilers:
    In Resistance Reborn, there is a scene were Finn tells Poe that he is "just" friends with both Rey and Rose and it seems to be the author's intent that he is telling it straight. Make of that what you will.
    end of spoilers
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Niffleheim

The baseline was already too low for the character in TLJ to be suddenly downgraded now in ROS

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The baseline was already too low for the character in TLJ to be suddenly downgraded now in ROS
    Seriously. I read the title and thought, "downgraded from what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What does that mean?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Thumbs up

I couldn't care less, one way or the other. I never found her character or her subplot with Finn all that interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Reviews seem to be saying that she mostly helps out with the fleet, researching the old Destroyer types.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

She is there. But she isn't in it to the extent she was in TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    She is there. But she isn't in it to the extent she was in TLJ.
    Crap.

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Crap.

10char
    Don't worry, I am sure some will be annoyed that she is on screen at all lol. Kelly Marie Tran was unfairly treated post-TLJ. If fans disliked the character, okay. But she was playing a part as written and directed.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Don't worry, I am sure some will be annoyed that she is on screen at all lol. Kelly Marie Tran was unfairly treated post-TLJ. If fans disliked the character, okay. But she was playing a part as written and directed.
    This, really. Even if Rose is the worst character in history (she's not), it's the fault of Rian Johnson (who wrote and directed), not Kelly Marie Tran.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

It seems pretty clearly that she was Roan's pet character, he admitted in interviews that she was based off of a girl he kneẃ in high school or something. JJ apparently had no use for her by contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It seems pretty clearly that she was Roan's pet character, he admitted in interviews that she was based off of a girl he kneẃ in high school or something. JJ apparently had no use for her by contrast.
    I didn't know that. I like the actress and the character of Rose is alright. But Rian Johnson just adding her to the movie just because she reminded him of a girl he knew in high school is lame...………………