10 43.48%
  • Movie franchise

2 8.70%
  • Periodic appearances in the new Superman show

9 39.13%
  • Other

2 8.70%
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default What would you want to see Routh's KC Superman in?

I think we all loved Routh's combination KC/Donner-verse Superman. All indicators are that this might be the last we ever see of him. But on the off chance we could convince TPTB to bring him back, in what form would you like to see him return?

Own series

Movie franchise

Periodic appearances in the new Superman show
    Assassinate Putin!

Didn’t that Strange Adventures HBO thing have Kingdom Come Superman on the teaser poster? Why not put him on that, and maybe spin him off that if it does well?

Zero interest in anything Kingdom Come adjacent or inspired. But I’d like to see him stick around on Legends. Or as a occasional guest star.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I want a series.a kickass action series with great fights.he also has jason.That is a huge responsibility for a single parent,for the emotional anchor to the audience .

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

His own show, either on Netflix or HBO.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Astonishing Member

This is a thing to think about. I'm not sure! I was pondering the possibilities and keep ending up with the wrong casting.

I want to see Hoechlin, Tulloch & Cryer do ALL-STAR SUPERMAN. This one I want the most, frankly.
    I want to see Cavill, Affleck & Gadot ... with a Jason Todd actor ... do FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING. Like weirdly enough I think that trio of actors and takes on those characters would work pretty effortlessly in that particular story. And I think Cavill would be a great candidate for "Whatever Happened?" as well.

I don't really want to see Kingdom Come adapted literally. It's like too many characters to handle.

So for Routh?

I think we go the Geoff Johns route. Do BRAINIAC. Cast actors to reprise the Superman 78 Zod, Ursa & Non maybe. Keep all those Richard Donnerisms. Do the Phantom Zone thing, then jump to Brainiac and cast the dude who plays Brainiac on Krypton. Give us a Brainiac story set in the sort of Classic Superman continuity.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I don't really want to see Kingdom Come adapted literally. It's like too many characters to handle.
    In our post-Infinity War/Endgame world, "too many" may mean something like 40 characters.

Not fond of Routh as both Reeve/Donner Supes and KC Supes. Pick one and I'd like to see a continuation, maybe KC just because.

A show of his own, ideally somewhere other than CW. Could be Kingdom Come inspired, could just reboot to a more standard vet Superman status quo, wouldn't really matter to me either way. In the end there's no real reason it has to be connected to anything though, be it Donner, KC or whatever. It could just start smack down in the middle of the guy's career if they wanted, and make the version's history whatever they wanted it to be (this is all based on Routh's age, obviously anyone who knows me knows that at this stage I vastly prefer a young Superman, but for obvious reasons that can't be done here).

Movies I still think are out though for reasons I have detailed elsewhere, and it'd be a waste to have him guest on a show featuring an inferior version of the character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    This is a thing to think about. I'm not sure! I was pondering the possibilities and keep ending up with the wrong casting.

I want to see Hoechlin, Tulloch & Cryer do ALL-STAR SUPERMAN. This one I want the most, frankly.
    I want to see Cavill, Affleck & Gadot ... with a Jason Todd actor ... do FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING. Like weirdly enough I think that trio of actors and takes on those characters would work pretty effortlessly in that particular story. And I think Cavill would be a great candidate for "Whatever Happened?" as well.

So for Routh?

I think we go the Geoff Johns route. Do BRAINIAC. Cast actors to reprise the Superman 78 Zod, Ursa & Non maybe. Keep all those Richard Donnerisms. Do the Phantom Zone thing, then jump to Brainiac and cast the dude who plays Brainiac on Krypton. Give us a Brainiac story set in the sort of Classic Superman continuity.
    For the Man Who Has Everything with Affleck, Cavil, and Gadot would be really dope. I'd get Chloe Mortez to do Carrie Kelly/Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Zero interest in anything Kingdom Come adjacent or inspired.
    Same here. I like Routh, but I don't have a desire to see his Superman again now that it's associated with KC.

Fantastic Member

IMO, All Routh needs is a one off, 2 hour HBO Max Film. I don't think he should have his own TV show or regularly guest star on Tyler's Superman show.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    For the Man Who Has Everything with Affleck, Cavil, and Gadot would be really dope. I'd get Chloe Mortez to do Carrie Kelly/Robin.
    Man who has everything is a good story and everything, it’s really short. Could probably fit that whole story in like 20 minutes and have the rest of the movie be about something else.

Brandon Routh was so amazing as Superman in the Crisis crossover, he deserves his own show (I'd be happy with a limited series about his story and adventures of what happened after SR and before Crisis). BUT on a different network, the CW is too mediocre.

What I want to see and therefore voted for? His own series. I always thought he was an underrated Supes even before this, and despite the limited screen time and stuff to do in Crisis he's come off likable. So yeah, I'm all in for more Routh as Superman, KC inspired or not.

What I expect to see? We'll probably never see him again after Crisis is over.

What I'll be happy for as a compromise? He shows up once or twice a season in other Super shows like original TV Flash has done in, well, the new TV Flash show. I think is the most likely while still optimistic option.