View Poll Results: Should Kylo Ren and Rey be a couple.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.86%
  • No

52 88.14%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    No, her being a person who longed for family.
    And she found one! But did she long for a family or just to belong? Which ever it is she has both.

The force will be with you always
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    And she found one! But did she long for a family or just to belong? Which ever it is she has both.

The force will be with you always
    No offense but your take on the end of Rey's character arc doesn't match what was show on screen. The final images of Rey show her alone on a desert world with only a mute robot for companionship. That's not family and it's certainly not a sense of belonging by any stretch of the imagination. Her prospects have scarcely improved since TFA.

Although perhaps hiding out on Tatooine is the smart strategy for Rey at that moment. With the collapse of the New Republic and the apparent destruction of the First Order there's no faction left strong enough to rule the galaxy. An extended period of chaos followed by a new dark age is probably the only outcome from Rey's actions. Perhaps then Rey did create a twisted sense of belonging for herself, now everybody in the galaxy gets to experience the subsistence lifestyle of a scavenger as their worlds fall apart around them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    No offense but your take on the end of Rey's character arc doesn't match what was show on screen. The final images of Rey show her alone on a desert world with only a mute robot for companionship. That's not family and it's certainly not a sense of belonging by any stretch of the imagination. Her prospects have scarcely improved since TFA.

Although perhaps hiding out on Tatooine is the smart strategy for Rey at that moment. With the collapse of the New Republic and the apparent destruction of the First Order there's no faction left strong enough to rule the galaxy. An extended period of chaos followed by a new dark age is probably the only outcome from Rey's actions. Perhaps then Rey did create a twisted sense of belonging for herself, now everybody in the galaxy gets to experience the subsistence lifestyle of a scavenger as their worlds fall apart around them.
    Interestingly put.
    And a saga built on hope.....ends in a pretty dark place.

Like I said, depressing. I'm sorry they chose to end it this way.

But...there was a twin sunset on Tatooine! No real proof that the Emperor is dead...but look at the pretty sunsets! She buried the lightsabers there!

A planet...

Anakin and his mother were both slaves on.

Anakin's mother was killed.

Luke couldn't wait to leave but not before seeing his aunt and uncle turned into barbecue by the Empire.

Han Solo spent time as a wall decoration on.

Leia was held hostage by Jabba on.

Awesome sunsets.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whether any of us wanted Rey and Kylo as a couple.

It didn't happen apart from a single kiss.
    And now it never will.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whether any of us wanted Rey and Kylo as a couple.

It didn't happen apart from a single kiss.
    And now it never will.
    The kiss never felt part of the movie. it felt as if it was a gag they didn't cut. really bad. Still can't believe JJ Abrams sunk so low to slip in a fan fic homage at the expense of the story that was already so weak.

There are rumors that Abrams didn't want the kiss in the film but Disney made him do it.

It would be kind of weird if Ben survived and they settled down. Sort of like a strange parallel to Sidious and Vader.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

I saw it as a Beauty and the Beast parallel myself.
    A lightsider with dark impulses, a dark sider with a pull to the light, two lonely souls bringing balance to the Force between them.
    I thought it would make one heck of a love story.
    But.....I overestimated Disney. They deal in black and white.

By that same brilliant logic, we should've assumed that the Rebels were going to spend the rest of their days living with the Ewoks in ROTJ. The scene's a coda, no more, no less.

Or maybe the planetary governments that were not destroyed will continue to keep order until the what next is decided.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Okay I have to ask. Why do people think Rey is going to be staying on Tatooine?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    That is the question of the day.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't think that she will, if she does it will be to base of the new Jedi order most likely.

It just seems wierd to me that people assume she's making herself a home there. It's a dessert and she has a ride out.

It just seems wierd to me that people assume she's making herself a home there. It's a dessert and she has a ride out.
    Each trilogy ended with a funeral of a sort, The OT is Anakin's, the PT is Padme, and the ST of Luke and Leia. It is noting out of the ordinary it was just here paying her respects to her mentors.

It would be kind of hard to bury Leia's saber on Alderaan. Plus it's sort of a family cemetery anyway-Luke's grandmother is buried there, as are his stepfamily (Including Cleigg I think probably). The only one really missing is Padme, presumably still buried (or her ashes, as she was being driven to the same place Qui-Gon was) on Naboo.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth