View Poll Results: Should Kylo Ren and Rey be a couple.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.86%
  • No

52 88.14%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I don't know, Rey and Poe bicker like an old married couple.
    That's kind of Han & Leia in a nutshell (well, apart from ROTJ).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They finally have screen time together?
    They do! She tells him off for damaging the Falcon and he tells her off for scratching BB-8. Finn chimes in and says, "every time with you two!"

Ultimate Member

I find the idea nauseatingly bad. Also regressive and a betrayal of everything that her character is allegedly supposed to stand for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I thought and wanted her to end up with Finn but I know how Hollywood loves the bad boy torture character trope. It won't shock me if rise of skywalker does make kylo ren and rey a couple.
    spoilers:
    she does kiss Ben before he dies after he uses his lifeforce to heal her after she kills Palpatine.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Also given how they bragged about Rey being a "role model for girls" and how progressive theż are being, to do the most cliché, overdone, lame, regressive, Twilight fan ficky thing possible with your first female main hero, WOW JJ just wow.
    end of spoilers

I been on team Rey and Finn since I saw how close Daisy and John are in real life. Honesty, when Daisy was on social media, I thought her and John were an item for real LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    spoilers:
    she does kiss Ben before he dies after he uses his lifeforce to heal her after she kills Palpatine.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    Also given how they bragged about Rey being a "role model for girls" and how progressive theż are being, to do the most cliché, overdone, lame, regressive, Twilight fan ficky thing possible with your first female main hero, WOW JJ just wow.
    end of spoilers

I heard. the movie so far feels like fan fiction. Anyway I cannot remember the last time I was ever impressed with a Disney live action screenplay. I will enjoy Rise of Skywalker in a guilty pleasure way like Twilight and that includes reylo.

JJ Abrams is a good director but he can be shallow. he is a guy who let's what he thinks is popular affect his work. it was what led to the crappy start trek into darkness. deja vu maybe happening for him again with star wars.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-18-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Kylo Ren is an immature, violent, emotionally stunted, murderer who not only killed his father, tried to kill his mother and his uncle, and was complicit in an act of genocide on a galactic scale, but he deserves redemption because Luke scared him once. I thought of Twilight too, I wanted Finn and Rey to be a thing because it felt natural to me. Relationships are built on mutual admiration and respect, not violence. This sends boys and girls a really bad message, and hope to neckbeards everywhere.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Ah women and their bad boy dark triad fetish

spoilers:
    They kiss, he dies saving her, she takes his name.
    It's a remake of Titanic.
    end of spoilers

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    First movie I've watched that I seriously want my money back. This half-assed Reylo thing disgusts me.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I was rooting for them but not as much as for Rey and Finn. Though it was clear from the beginning Rey's feelings for Ben ran deeper and I loved what she became. It didn't feel forced at all.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-20-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I was rooting for them but not as much as for Rey and Finn. Though it was clear from the beginning Rey's feelings for Ben ran deeper and I loved what she became. It didn't feel forced at all.
    It sounds like what happened with the JJ Abrams Star Trek films, the trek films made people think and almost root for Kirk and Uhura to be a couple but in the end it turns out that she is with Spock and Kirk never had a chance. looking back in the trek rewatch, like Rey, it now becomes clearer that uhura feelings ran deeper for Spock even when they were in uniform, although its not something you see straight away because it did feel she was going to be with kirk, they way I thought Rey would be with Finn. Bah, you can tell a JJ Abrams trope story now. He does now how to mislead people.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Would her heart be going on now? lol
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-20-2019 at 03:44 AM.

I don't really see Kirk and Uhura as a couple-he was mainly just trying to flirt with her in the bar and spent the rest of the film mostly just annoyed with him.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Nah, this was frankly forced. Rey had a stronger natural positive dynamic with Finn from the start. Not even saying I needed a romantic relationship there, just speaking purely of screen presence. It doesn't outright offend me, but it was forced and rushed and their total story could have just as easily been achieved and been just as emotionally relevant as simply spoilers:
    foes turned ally.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El