View Poll Results: Should Kylo Ren and Rey be a couple.

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 12.28%
  • No

    50 87.72%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 128
  1. #31
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,320

    Default

    Poor Finn. They undercut a really sweet and organic dynamic between him and Rey in favor of Rey/Kylo, which was nauseatingly bad in this film

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Poor Finn. They undercut a really sweet and organic dynamic between him and Rey in favor of Rey/Kylo, which was nauseatingly bad in this film
    It's been nauseatingly bad since the beginning.

    There is a horrifying theory floating around that Rey might be, how shall I put this, Force preggers by Kylo at the end of the movie. I hope the heck this theory is wrong or at least is NEVER confirmed in any media.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #33
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,320

    Default

    There were actual groans in my theatre when that Kidd happened. The made Twilight look competent by comparison with this fan fiction crap.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Poor Finn. They undercut a really sweet and organic dynamic between him and Rey in favor of Rey/Kylo, which was nauseatingly bad in this film
    Let's see (paraphrasing) "Let go of my hand! Why do you keep grabbing my hand?!?!" Vs. "Could you please put a shirt on because your awesome pecs are distracting me". From the start Rey and Kylo had sexual tension that didn't exist with Finn. He was a fool in love from the beginning and it was never reciprocated. I don't know how anyone could say it feels "forced" if they were paying attention.

  5. #35
    God Save The Queen! Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Let's see (paraphrasing) "Let go of my hand! Why do you keep grabbing my hand?!?!" Vs. "Could you please put a shirt on because your awesome pecs are distracting me". From the start Rey and Kylo had sexual tension that didn't exist with Finn. He was a fool in love from the beginning and it was never reciprocated. I don't know how anyone could say it feels "forced" if they were paying attention.
    Agreed. And there is much more fun and interest with the fact that they pretend that they don't like each other. It's romance writing 101. No one wants to watch a couple who already get along.

    FYI when I saw the TFA and the part at the end where Rey kisses Finn on the forehead. One of the audience member cried out 'ew' and I live in the Toronto region of Canada with a heavy POC and ethnic population. The interracial romance would not sell well. If people were harassing poor Rose Tico for her Asian heritage can you imaging the hostility with an interracial romance?
    • “Fame is a fools idea of glory. I prefer to merely succeed.”-Jaeger (Altered Carbon)
    • “Raging is my job. It’s hopeless, pointless & exhausting. And the only thing worse would be giving up.”-Seven of Nine
    • “You have the soul of a survivor”.- Girda to Alita (Alita Battle Angel)

  6. #36
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,880

    Default

    Its forced because there's nothing but hatred by the end of TFA. Rey went from disdain over Kylo killing Han to being attracted to him and sympathizing with him in a blink of an eye. No one's denying they created sexual tension in TLJ, that's not the problem. The problem is it wasn't earned from the aftermath of TFA, nor built up in TLJ. There is no struggle with Rey's negative feelings over watching him kill Han, to her sympathy, to to it then morphing into caring. He tells his side in regards to Luke she takes it at face value pretty much immediately, forgets all about Han, sees him shirtless, and that was it.

    And none of this is because I ship something else. I don't ship anything. I felt her friendship with Finn was way more organic but I was a fan of it just like that, friendship. I could have easily been sold on a Rey and Ben dynamic was it built better.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-20-2019 at 05:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    ...FYI when I saw the TFA and the part at the end where Rey kisses Finn on the forehead. One of the audience member cried out 'ew' and I live in the Toronto region of Canada with a heavy POC and ethnic population. The interracial romance would not sell well. If people were harassing poor Rose Tico for her Asian heritage can you imaging the hostility with an interracial romance?
    Really, people in Toronto have a problem with interracial romances in 2019? I thought people just didn't like Rose as a character and found the casino subplot boring. No one I've talked with has ever said anything about Rose and Finn's romance in regards to their races. Maybe some people have a problem with them and I just haven't encountered those people.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  8. #38
    God Save The Queen! Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its forced because there's nothing but hatred by the end of TFA. Rey went from disdain over Kylo killing Han to being attracted to him and sympathizing with him in a blink of an eye. No one's denying they created sexual tension in TLJ, that's not the problem. The problem is it wasn't earned from the aftermath of TFA, nor built up in TLJ. There is no struggle with Rey's negative feelings over watching him kill Han, to her sympathy, to to it then morphing into caring. He tells his side in regards to Luke she takes it at face value pretty much immediately, forgets all about Han, sees him shirtless, and that was it.

    And none of this is because I ship something else. I don't ship anything. I felt her friendship with Finn was way more organic but I was a fan of it just like that, friendship. I could have easily been sold on a Rey and Ben dynamic was it built better.
    Wasn't it made clear or implied that she saw him as being controlled by Snoke and someone who could be redeemed? Rey in TFA and TLJ is a bit more naive, trusting and to be blunt has an almost child like need for the world to be safe. That is gone at the end of TLJ and in the ROS. I liked the kiss at the end. I thought it was less romance, than a thank you.
    • “Fame is a fools idea of glory. I prefer to merely succeed.”-Jaeger (Altered Carbon)
    • “Raging is my job. It’s hopeless, pointless & exhausting. And the only thing worse would be giving up.”-Seven of Nine
    • “You have the soul of a survivor”.- Girda to Alita (Alita Battle Angel)

  9. #39
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its forced because there's nothing but hatred by the end of TFA. Rey went from disdain over Kylo killing Han to being attracted to him and sympathizing with him in a blink of an eye. No one's denying they created sexual tension in TLJ, that's not the problem. The problem is it wasn't earned from the aftermath of TFA, nor built up in TLJ. There is no struggle with Rey's negative feelings over watching him kill Han, to her sympathy, to to it then morphing into caring. He tells his side in regards to Luke she takes it at face value pretty much immediately, forgets all about Han, sees him shirtless, and that was it.

    And none of this is because I ship something else. I don't ship anything. I felt her friendship with Finn was way more organic but I was a fan of it just like that, friendship. I could have easily been sold on a Rey and Ben dynamic was it built better.
    No I disagree Rey and Kylo had a weird dynamic even during their first meeting in the snow. He was going easy on her, while taunting her, until his cockiness got the better of him. He was beaten but impressed. Then in their force talks in TLJ he took pains to make her see his way of thinking. Because of their connection I speculated whether they were siblings or flirting, until the shirtless scene made it plain it was the latter. They rescued each other and fought as a team against Snoke and his guards. Then in ROS Kylo gifted her with the full knowledge of her heritage. When Rey was dealing with the emotional ramifications she flat out said she would have taken his hand if it hadn't been for how he killed his father. She wanted to redeem the bad boy, he wanted an empress to rule the galaxy by his side. It was like the Padme/Anakin relationship except this time Padme won. They were clearly in love with each other. I don't see how others don't see it.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-20-2019 at 08:43 PM.

  10. #40
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    There were actual groans in my theatre when that Kidd happened. The made Twilight look competent by comparison with this fan fiction crap.
    the way I see it, if and if Reylo becomes Canon, there is just no way it could be good, the two movies are just not well written to make it good. Edward was not a bad boy in twilight, he was just broody. twilight may be better. anyway I am seeing the film today.

    I will never understand why many girls are so attracted to bad boys and psyhco murderers, guys are hardly ever interested in bad girls. sure they don't mind the idea of bedding them, but they never go for them as a long time partners.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-21-2019 at 12:09 AM.

  11. #41
    Non-fanboy Member Cel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Level 42
    Posts
    426

    Default

    It wasn't so much that I hated the Rey and Kylo pairing is that I never put much stock into it. Rey and Kylo were drawn to each other via the Force and their destinies were arguably linked from the moment they were born. Even before Rise of Skywalker, I saw their pairing as more as a will of the Force that had to play itself out more than a romantic one. With Finn, there was more a one-sided thing going on, but in light of Episode IX, we may now know what was the basis of Finn's devotion to Rey and that too may be a will of the Force, IMO...
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,072

    Default

    It was a kiss, doesn’t mean they were a couple or that it would have worked out.

    It could have easily been like that drunken make out session you wanted to forget later.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It was a kiss, doesn’t mean they were a couple or that it would have worked out.

    It could have easily been like that drunken make out session you wanted to forget later.
    Well, the entire point was that Ben loved her enough, not only to turn back to the light but to then give his life to save hers. Can't speak for Rey, but the movie worked awfully hard to sell the 'star crossed lovers' vibe.

    So I'm fairly certain it was meant to be a big deal.

    Also, I think it's fair to point out that Rey and Kylo were never a thing. Rey and Ben are the couple. You kind of have to see the Ben/Kylo thing as two separare characters similar to Anakin and Vader. Kylo consumed Ben (although willingly), but in the end Ben broke free and found himself.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 12-21-2019 at 01:10 PM.

  14. #44
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    The problem I had was that Kylo and Rey always felt like siblings, or at the very least cousins. Kylo Ren is the biological son of Han and Leia, but with Rey coming to grips that she lost her parents and beginning to learn more about the Jedi in The Force Awakens, she began to see Han and Leia as parental figures. People were even theorizing that she was somehow Luke's daughter, which would make Ben her cousin. So I never got the vibe that there was supposed to be anything romantic about their relationship.

    Luke never had a real romance in the original trilogy, so I never thought Rey needed one. And I kinda like Finn/Rose.


    Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    spoilers:
    They kiss, he dies saving her, she takes his name.
    It's a remake of Titanic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Except Skywalker was never his name
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by 90'sCartoonMan; 12-22-2019 at 10:39 AM.

  15. #45
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    It wasn't so much that I hated the Rey and Kylo pairing is that I never put much stock into it. Rey and Kylo were drawn to each other via the Force and their destinies were arguably linked from the moment they were born. Even before Rise of Skywalker, I saw their pairing as more as a will of the Force that had to play itself out more than a romantic one. With Finn, there was more a one-sided thing going on, but in light of Episode IX, we may now know what was the basis of Finn's devotion to Rey and that too may be a will of the Force, IMO...
    Which is another problem that I had with these films overall. WAY too much is just chalked up to "will of The Force.". The OT actually out time and effort into building up these dynamical in ways that made sense and you could see. And even the PT tried to. The ST, was just lazy about it.

    It makes no sense given how she's set up as a character for her to EVER be attracted to him in that way, not after everything that he's done. It was so contrived and the fact that they went that route with their first female main hero, who supposedly is a role model for little girls, is iffy on top of it all.

    Finn and Rey by contrast had a believable connection on TFA that we got to see develop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •