View Poll Results: Should Kylo Ren and Rey be a couple.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.86%
  • No

52 88.14%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The story on that keeps going back and forth

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-emp...kin-skywalker/
    I was referencing her parents but that works, too. Palpy created an heir somehow.

She could make Force babies, too, but something tells me when they get back to Rey later on, she will let the Skywalker/Solo/Palpatine legacy die with her but raise up new Jedi.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I was referencing her parents but that works, too. Palpy created an heir somehow.

She could make Force babies, too, but something tells me when they get back to Rey later on, she will let the Skywalker/Solo/Palpatine legacy die with her but raise up new Jedi.
    Thus now begs the question, Who is Rey's grandmother?
    And I agree I think we have seen the end of the Skywalker/Solo/Palpatine lineage. So I'm kind of sure that Rey may live the monk type life of the Jedi.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Mighty Member

Thus now begs the question, Who is Rey's grandmother?
    And I agree I think we have seen the end of the Skywalker/Solo/Palpatine lineage. So I'm kind of sure that Rey may live the monk type life of the Jedi.
    Lord, what a terrible example for young girls.
    I honestly don't want to be part of this fandom anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Lord, what a terrible example for young girls.
    I honestly don't want to be part of this fandom anymore.
    Obi-wan, Yoda, and Luke all did it. Why is it now terrible if a girl does it?

Mighty Member

Obi-wan, Yoda, and Luke all did it. Why is it now terrible if a girl does it?
    The main protagonist of the sequel trilogy was a woman in order to provide girls with a role model. And I'm sorry, but for a girl who supposedly longed for a family to end up with no one but a droid for company, alone on a barren desert world just like the one she was enslaved on, is not something anyone, boy or girl, to aspire to.
    And FYI, I never liked it as a chosen fate for boys OR girls. In fact I found it loathsome that children, once discovered to be Force sensitive, had little choice with what to do with their lives than become intergalactic monks/nuns. Which is why I liked what Rian Johnson tried to do with TLJ, and Luke's. "It's time for the Jedi to end" speech.

It's possible she just stopped by Tatooine to bury the sabers. Clearly she has some Jedi-related plans since she built her own new one.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Maybe.
    But if so, how come it ended with her alone?
    It's just so.....weird. And in any case, if she's going to be a Jedi it will mean a solitary life. No husband, no children, no family.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

What does Rey Palpatine have to do with the Skywalker legacy?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    The main protagonist of the sequel trilogy was a woman in order to provide girls with a role model. And I'm sorry, but for a girl who supposedly longed for a family to end up with no one but a droid for company, alone on a barren desert world just like the one she was enslaved on, is not something anyone, boy or girl, to aspire to.
    And FYI, I never liked it as a chosen fate for boys OR girls. In fact I found it loathsome that children, once discovered to be Force sensitive, had little choice with what to do with their lives than become intergalactic monks/nuns. Which is why I liked what Rian Johnson tried to do with TLJ, and Luke's. "It's time for the Jedi to end" speech.
    I said Obi-wan, Yoda, and Luke because they were the most prominent Jedi in Star Wars (not that they lived the hermit life style which is different than a monk). The monk type life is not living alone at all as the prequel trilogy showed they certainly did not heck there is a monastery not far form my house and I talk to the monks form there often. So her being a woman to provide girls with a good role model, means that she need to get shipped-up and procreate? In the end of Jonhson's TLJ Luke clearly says that "I will not be the last Jedi" meaning that Johnson was not planning on ending the Jedi just giving Luke a low place to be full of doubt.

The term Last Jedi I think comes from what Yoda tells Luke before he dies. And that it way it is Yoda that visits him on Ahch-To as a force ghost to remind him.

Originally Posted by Yoda
    “When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be. The Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned.”
    I'm not of fan of The Last Jedi but I really do think that Johnson is a Star Wars fan.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 01-10-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She's intertwined with the whole story of the Skywalker/Solo/Palpatine legacy.

Do you not watched the movies?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's possible she just stopped by Tatooine to bury the sabers. Clearly she has some Jedi-related plans since she built her own new one.
    Yeah, I mean the movie even makes a point that exiling one's self is not the way to do things.

Let's see, she was trained by the Skywalkers, joined Leia's Resistance movement, inherited the Jedi mantle that they were the last traces of, was adopted into the family. Quite a lot actually.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, I mean the movie even makes a point that exiling one's self is not the way to do things.

Let's see, she was trained by the Skywalkers, joined Leia's Resistance movement, inherited the Jedi mantle that they were the last traces of, was adopted into the family. Quite a lot actually.
    So now she is "adopted" into the family instead of taking the name as a tribute?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So now she is "adopted" into the family instead of taking the name as a tribute?
    Same spectrum.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

I guess they replaced her with the one they discarded because he didn't live up to standards.

Mighty Member

I said Obi-wan, Yoda, and Luke because they were the most prominent Jedi in Star Wars (not that they lived the hermit life style which is different than a monk). The monk type life is not living alone at all as the prequel trilogy showed they certainly did not heck there is a monastery not far form my house and I talk to the monks form there often. So her being a woman to provide girls with a good role model, means that she need to get shipped-up and procreate? In the end of Jonhson's TLJ Luke clearly says that "I will not be the last Jedi" meaning that Johnson was not planning on ending the Jedi just giving Luke a low place to be full of doubt.
    No, her being a person who longed for family.