Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opening crawl (spoilers)

EPISODE IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

-----

Seems a bit shorter than a lot of the other ones, and kind of similar to ROTS in terms of corniness. "Phantom Emperor" is a bit of a nice touch, kind of a slight nod to TPM?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

I think it's telling that this is meant to be the 9th movie in a Saga and yet the openly crawl has the least to say.

BANNED

The Phantom Emperor should absolutely have been the title of this movie as a bookend to Episode 1...but I guess people didn't want to be associated with the prequels.

As per Lucas, the titular Phantom Menace was in fact Palpatine.

Yikes. So the leaks are true? So by the end of this movie all the Skywalkers are dead and a Palpatine commits identity theft?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Much like ROTS, I just don't like exclamation points in the crawl. Its a small detail but I like them to read as more monotone. No emotion, just delivering imformation.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

a one year gap and nothing on the state of the galaxy?

why not
    "supreme leader kylo ren stands triumphant! with the galaxy under his full control, he worries little about the scattered remnants of the resistance when a mysterious broadcast challenges the first orderīs might!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Much like ROTS, I just don't like exclamation points in the crawl. Its a small detail but I like them to read as more monotone. No emotion, just delivering imformation.
    agree. guess it is supposed to inject some urgency into the opening scences of the movies
    Last edited by abulafia; 12-17-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It would have been cool if the first teaser of TROS was the mysterious broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It would have been cool if the first teaser of TROS was the mysterious broadcast.
    great idea
    havenīt heard any spoiler so far mentioning the movie actually featuring the broadcast. will we ever find out what the emperor felt the need of telling the common people?
    is he still posing as a common human, a former senator or does he reveal that the force is his ally?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

The broadcast was dropped as audio during the Fortnite event. "At last the work of generations is complete,The great error is corrected. The day of victory is at hand. The day of revenge. The day of the Sith."

It's probably somewhere in the movie at some point. Be kind of silly if they just put it in a video game.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Phantom Emperor should absolutely have been the title of this movie as a bookend to Episode 1...but I guess people didn't want to be associated with the prequels.

As per Lucas, the titular Phantom Menace was in fact Palpatine.
    I agree. Everybody knew Palpatine was in this. So they weren't spoiling anything if they had called it that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    great idea
    havenīt heard any spoiler so far mentioning the movie actually featuring the broadcast. will we ever find out what the emperor felt the need of telling the common people?
    is he still posing as a common human, a former senator or does he reveal that the force is his ally?
    spoilers:
    He is going by Emperor Palpatine. There is a broadcast in the film, but it is to all worlds to surrender or else face the wrath of The Final Order which is the fleet of Star Destroyers with Death Star mounted weapons. They even blow up a planet as a warning because... why not? For old times sake lol.
    end of spoilers

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    spoilers:
    He is going by Emperor Palpatine. There is a broadcast in the film, but it is to all worlds to surrender or else face the wrath of The Final Order which is the fleet of Star Destroyers with Death Star mounted weapons. They even blow up a planet as a warning because... why not? For old times sake lol.
    end of spoilers
    I mean Pandora's box was opened so you might as well.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    interesting. did luke talk about palps as "sidious" in TLJ? canīt remember. i heard he might refer to palps as "sidious" several times during the new movie. that would just feel wrong

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    interesting. did luke talk about palps as "sidious" in TLJ? canīt remember. i heard he might refer to palps as "sidious" several times during the new movie. that would just feel wrong
    I can't recall. But everybody refers to him as Emperor Palpatine in this including Leia and Luke. Sidious may have been his Sith title, but he was just referred to as The Emperor in the original trilogy. Which is continued here.

I can't recall. But everybody refers to him as Emperor Palpatine in this including Leia and Luke. Sidious may have been his Sith title, but he was just referred to as The Emperor in the original trilogy. Which is continued here.
    good news. ty