Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Link (Breath of the Wild) vs Avatar Aang

Two young heroes awakened from their 100 year slumber, which one comes on top

Standard arena rules, endgame gear and skills for Link and season 3 base form for Aang. If Link can take it under these conditions then factor in the Avatar state.

Link can slow down time and deflect massive laser beams
    Aang has a speed edge but it'll only save him for so long.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Link can slow down time and deflect massive laser beams
    Aang has a speed edge but it'll only save him for so long.
    And with endgame gear he also has a bow with and endless supply of light arrows.

Depending on how you view certain stamina draining gameplay mechanics, its unlikely Aang actually has a speed edge.

But yeah, beaten to it but Link is winning this. He is a VERY tanky fighter with loads of tricks. It might take a bit, but he should win.

Avatar state? I dunno. If Link can break through the shields then maybe? How tough were Aangs shields again?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Depending on how you view certain stamina draining gameplay mechanics, its unlikely Aang actually has a speed edge.

But yeah, beaten to it but Link is winning this. He is a VERY tanky fighter with loads of tricks. It might take a bit, but he should win.

Avatar state? I dunno. If Link can break through the shields then maybe? How tough were Aangs shields again?
    Ozai while under the comet boost wrecked them.

It's how the Avatar state got triggered in the final fight, actually. Ozai was whapping all hell out of him and straight up blasting through Aang's earth walls/barriers, and the final barrier break catapulted Aang into a rock that jabbed him just where it needed to. At which point the battle flipped due to Aang being able to just overwhelm Ozai.

That said, I personally don't see Link having trouble with the barriers, myself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yeah, Ancient Arrows + bombs etc are going to perform nicely against that sort of thing. Plus, if he sits still and turtles then Link will freeze him in time and unload properly.

Let's say he starts in Avatar state. Didnt he have a big air bubble protecting him? I loved that fight but it's been forever since I've seen it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure