Page 6 of 280 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Jackman's take on Wolverine is really charismatic and entertaining. His tall, ridiculously handsome and instantly likeable Logan may not be the scary, world-weary loner from the comics but he's so much fun to watch that I don't mind. Certainly the films would not have been anywhere near as succesful without him.
    Yeah, I agree with this. But in my view FOX needs to be preparing for his departure from the role. He's even said that he's 99.9% sure the next Wolverine will be his last outing as the character.

IMO what they should do is sideline Logan for 'Apocalypse', instead focusing on building up other characters. Bring in young versions of Scott, Jean and Ororo; along with Hoult as Beast, McAvoy's Xavier, Fassbender's Magneto and J-Law's Mystique. Maybe throw in Gambit and/or Nightcrawler too, though I'd prefer to see Cable over both. However, Cable could just be a small cameo and then be in the after credits scene to set up the 'X-Force' spinoff. This film is set in the 80s, so make it all about Cyclops/Jean/Storm and how they became X-men; and how they stepped up to fight the greatest threat the world has ever known in En Sabah Nur.

Jackman's sole focus would be the next Wolverine flick, which I have no idea whether it will be set after the last one (which is apparently going to be an alternate timeline now) or somewhere else in time. The rumor seems to be that they will adapt Old Man Logan somehow, and that would work since it's another dystopian future anyway. Regardless, if that is Jackman's swansong then they give him a badass sendoff.

After 'Apocalypse' in 2016 and 'The Wolverine 2 (or Wolverine 3)' in 2017, do 'X-Force' in 2018 and use Jennifer Lawrence to help launch that one. Finally jumping back to the present day, go the 'Uncanny X-Force - Apocalypse Solution' route and have Cable assemble a team to hunt Apocalypse. J-Law's Mystique infiltrates the team posing as Domino initially, because Magneto wants her to find Apocalypse's whereabouts and she views Cable and his team as her best bet. At some point in the film they find out she's a shapeshifter posing as Cable's old mercenary friend, Domino, and then they interrogate her and find out that a man named Tolliver has Domino. This brings them in conflict with Deadpool, who is a mercenary on Tolliver's payroll, and so on and so forth. The team would be maybe a mix of classsic and new with Cable, Psylocke, Archangel, Warpath, Sunspot and Domino (at first Mystique, then later the real one post rescue). Archangel has already been changed at the start of the film, and we see through flashbacks / nightmare dream sequences what Apocalypse did to him and find out that Cable and Psylocke saved his mind. Now he wants revenge. Could be kickass if done right.

After that, do another major X-men tentpole flick in 2019 and have it set in the present day as well. This allows you to start fresh with a whole new cast. Everyone, including Wolverine, would be played by a new actor. And when that happens, I think it'd be okay to find someone a bit stockier and edgier to play Logan. He'd have to at least have a passing resemblance to Jackman when sporting the claws and muttonchops, otherwise it'd be weird. But going shorter, meaner and more feral would be okay in my view. Mainly because they'd have built the other characters up some and now wouldn't be so reliant on Wolverine to be the "hunky leading man" type. Instead he could be the dangerous wild card that he always was in the comics.

At any rate, sorry for the long post. But the transition from Jackman to another actor can be done. It just has to be managed and FOX needs to have a long-range plan for the franchise. Going film-to-film just won't cut it and could be disastrous when Hugh departs.

BANNED

There were some great Wolverine moments in that annual!

Wolvie and Kurt teaming up to save Cyclops and take down Dracula was terrific:

I just find Cyke calling him 'Wolvie' so darned cute:

But most of all Wolverine taking on the burden of being the one to kill Rachel, the vampire who helped them. I love the Wolvie who puts himself through things like this so no one else has to:

My honest opinion is that if they want to replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine they should just introduce some of Logan's kids, such as Jimmy Hudson or Laura, heck especially Laura because that would be awesome to see in the X-men films, especially if she gets her own movie. Wouldn't even have to kill Hugh Jackman Wolverine off, just have him appear every once in a while as a father figure to them.

Introducing Laura would be a really smart thing to do. Another lead female character for FOX while still being able to play the Wolverine card.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Introducing Laura would be a really smart thing to do. Another lead female character for FOX while still being able to play the Wolverine card.
    Agreed, and I've been arguing this for a while. Laura would be able to play the usual role Logan does on the team as the one who does the dirty things the other characters can't or won't do, however she also brings her own character dynamic and personality. Additionally, if you cast an actress of the proper age (start with her around 16-17, and actually cast a teenaged actress) she can remain with the franchise for quite a while before you run into the same problem that they have now with Jackman where he's starting to get too old to keep doing it.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Well, I might as well post these here, too! Always loved the Logan/Kurt/Piotr friendship.

I used to be a bigger fan of Logan prior to House of M. I know I'm in the minority there. I don't think they need to kill him, just send him off to limbo a bit. Sick of senseless deaths in Marvel. There is still a chance it may be a more symbolic change than death, though.

I also would have preferred a shorter and older Wolverine but I think Jackman still managed to do a pretty good job in the films.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ztopia View Post
    [Some really good art thre

Elite
    Love this image, it was an old avatar of mine a while back.

Some art donations.

One of my favorite covers of Logan

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

August seems like w good month for wolverine material.

2 issues of wolverine, a annual,melita garner and the red right hand in Wolverine and the X-Men not to mention UA back on earth, Alpha Flight arc in amazing part 3 hell yeah.
    X-Men Forever

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    August seems like w good month for wolverine material.

2 issues of wolverine, a annual,melita garner and the red right hand in Wolverine and the X-Men not to mention UA back on earth, Alpha Flight arc in amazing part 3 hell yeah.
    Sounds good! Got a link to this info? Are August solicits out already?

BANNED

I just watched X-Men Days of Future Past and Hugh was awesome thought there are parts when he really looks older. I think he's a bit too old for the role. Same goes with the Jean Grey actress. Halle and James may be old but they don't look old.

Wolverine August material:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #23
    RICK REMENDER (W) • SANFORD GREENE (A)
    Cover by AGUSTIN ALESSIO
    AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VARIANT BY EMMA RIOS
    • Uncanny Avengers reunited!
    • The threat of Kang is over, but what are the repercussions?
    • Meet the new faces of the Marvel Universe!
    32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99
    WOLVERINE ANNUAL #1
    Elliott Kalan (W) • JONATHAN MARKS (A)
    Cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
    ONE MONTH TO DIE!
    • A little Father/Adoptive Daughter/Adoptive Daughter's son time. Now that's a mouthful.
    • Wolverine and Jubilee take Shogo on a camping trip.
    • Hey, it's a Wolverine story in the middle of the wilderness. What could go wrong?
    40 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$4.99
    WOLVERINE #11
    Paul Cornell (W) • Peter M. Woods (A)
    Cover by Steve McNiven
    Variant Cover by Ryan Stegman
    ONE MONTH TO DIE!
    • With the fates of two human beings placed in her hands, Pinch is faced with a decision that may haunt her for the rest of her life.
    • That is, unless Wolverine and his S.H.I.E.L.D. cavalry can reach her in time.
    • Classic Sabretooth, still finds time to mess with Logan, even while he's busy trying to remake the world in his image.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

WOLVERINE #12
    Paul Cornell (W) • Peter M. Woods (A)
    Cover by Steve McNiven
    Variant Cover by Ryan Stegman
    ONE MONTH TO DIE! A DOUBLE-SIZED SERIES FINALE!
    • Looks like Sabretooth is ready for his final showdown with Logan and he sure picked a meaningful venue.
    • Didn't we just see a fight in a shopping mall that seriously scarred Logan?
    • Oh, right. That whole "messing with Wolverine" thing.
    64 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$5.99
    AMAZING X-MEN #10
    Christopher Yost & Craig Kyle (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    World War Wendigo Part 3 (of 5)!
    • As the Wendigo virus runs rampant through Canada, one of the X-Men falls prey to the deadly plague!
    • Guest-starring Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
    WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #7 & 8
    Jason Latour (W) • TBA (A)
    CoverS by Mahmud Asrar
    Issue #7 -
    • Guest-starring Matt Murdock!
    • Melita Garner returns, but not for romance—she's got something on Logan that throws the entire school into uproar.
    • Little does Melita know she's also drawn the attention of the Red Right Hand!
    Issue #8 -
    • What's it like to be a rich, famous, teenage mutant? Just ask Quentin Quire!
    • Logan and storm go on a long overdue date!
    • And when the headmasters are away, villains come out to play.
    SAVAGE WOLVERINE #22
    John Arcudi (W)
    JOE QUINONES (A)
    Cover by Kevin Nowlan
    • John Arcudi brings Logan's World War I story to a conclusion!
    • Logan finds himself at the business end of 20 Germans soldiers' guns—for anyone else that might be a challenge!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
    UNCANNY AVENGERS VOL. 4: AVENGE THE EARTH PREMIERE HC
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by DANIEL ACUNA
    Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
    Welcome to Planet X, the new mutant homeworld, where everything is great — if you possess the mutant gene! The Wasp is the last human alive, relentlessly pursued by Magneto's All-New X-Force and protected by her husband, Havok! Now, as Kang's Chronos Corps arrives on Planet X with a terrible offer, the former Unity Squad members must reunite to defeat the Apocalypse Twins and avenge the Earth! But even with a time traveler on their side, is it too late? Which of the seven prime futures will become dominant? And what is Kang's hidden, ultimate goal? This is it! The conclusion to an epic two years in the making — and rest assured, nothing will ever be the same again! Collecting UNCANNY AVENGERS #18-22.
    136 PGS./Rated T ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-5423-5
    Trim size: standard
    WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN VOL. 1: THE PHOENIX CORPORATION TPB
    Written by JASON LATOUR
    Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    Welcome to the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning, where Wolverine, Storm and a star-studded faculty educate the next generation of mutants! But with their own lives steeped in deadly enemies and personal crises, how can the X-Men guide and educate — let alone defend — the school? And what mysterious organization waits in the shadows to destroy Wolverine's mutant sanctuary? The mysterious Phoenix Corporation wants Quentin Quire, but why? As Wolverine clings to life, Storm, Idie and the kids make a stand against the Phoenix Corporation — while a fleeing Quentin finds a new ally in Cyclops! And only Evan can save Fantomex from certain death, but does he dare? Wolverine and Storm reach a breaking point as the X-Men take on the Phoenix Corporation — with their very future hanging in the balance! Collecting WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN (2014) #1-6.
    144 PGS./Rated T+ ...$17.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8992-3
    UNCANNY AVENGERS VOL. 3: RAGNAROK NOW TPB
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA, DANIEL ACUNA & STEVE MCNIVEN
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    It's the dark origin of the Apocalypse Twins as Kang's true motives are revealed! When an Avenger falls, it's only the first casualty of many! As the Wasp faces the Grim Reaper, the Scarlet Witch confesses her true love and makes an impossible choice. And Sunfire and Rogue must defeat the Apocalypse Twins alone — or watch the end of our world! Wolverine fails mankind, more Avengers die, villains take their revenge, and the Unity Squad is left shattered. The fate of humanity rests in Thor's hands, but can even the God of Thunder defeat the combined might of two Apocalypses? Bring on the bad guys, because Ragnarok is now! Collecting UNCANNY AVENGERS #12-17.
    136 PGS./Rated T ...$19.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8484-3

BANNED

Wolverine August material:
    Wow! So many appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Wow! So many appearances.
    I know, lol. Between this and Deadpool in August, I'm gonna need to start saving my lunch money.

BANNED

I know, lol. Between this and Deadpool in August, I'm gonna need to start saving my lunch money.
    Hahaha. Go ahead. Supporting our favorite characters is worth the money to spend.