Page 268 of 280 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4192

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Old Man Logan 43 is another great issue but if you haven't read the Bullseye's mini you might be a little lost

spoilers:
    Good pacing, good dialogue and I like the new look of Joy Jones. Brisson writes a really scary Bullseye, he is a crazy psychopath and I can't wait until Logan catch up to him and teach him some manners. The art by Ferreyra is amazing, the guy is a beast between the faces and the layout really suits Brisson script, I love the scene when Logan is thinking about the regenix and when he investigates the crime scene.

I was disappointed when I heard that Bullseye would come back for Logan but frankly it make sense, Brisson is finishing some loose ends right now and it seems there is something else going on with Bullseye.
    end of spoilers

The serie really keeps up the momentum created by the superb Kraven arc and I can't wait to see what's in store for the Old Man.
    I agree, this was really a great issue! Art was fantastic, also the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I agree, this was really a great issue! Art was fantastic, also the writing.
    Yeah I hope Ferreyra will be one of the artist of the new Wolverine ongoing next year, his Logan is really great I'm curious about what's next for Brisson, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the X-Men team titles after Extermination.

I hope Ferreyra will be one of the artist of the new Wolverine ongoing next year, his Logan is really great
    This is exactly what I am hoping for, too! He was so enthusiastic on twitter about drawing Logan.

Old Man Logan 43 is another great issue but if you haven't read the Bullseye's mini you might be a little lost

spoilers:
    Good pacing, good dialogue and I like the new look of Joy Jones. Brisson writes a really scary Bullseye, he is a crazy psychopath and I can't wait until Logan catch up to him and teach him some manners. The art by Ferreyra is amazing, the guy is a beast between the faces and the layout, his art really suits Brisson script, I love the scene when Logan is thinking about the regenix and when he investigates the crime scene.

I was disappointed when I heard that Bullseye would come back for Logan but frankly it make sense, Brisson is finishing some loose ends right now and it seems there is something else going on with Bullseye.
    end of spoilers

The serie really keeps up the momentum created by the superb Kraven arc and I can't wait to see what's in store for the Old Man.
    I didn't have a problem following the story in spite of not reading that Bullseye mini (wich maybe i would do eventually), the series seems to be cartching momentum and hopefully it would keep it.

Kuudos to Brisson for writing a Lester that is genuine threat that i want to see Logan punching with all his strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I didn't have a problem following the story in spite of not reading that Bullseye mini (wich maybe i would do eventually), the series seems to be cartching momentum and hopefully it would keep it.

Kuudos to Brisson for writing a Lester that is genuine threat that i want to see Logan punching with all his strenght.
    Brisson did a great job for the readers who didn't read the Bullseye mini but I think it's even better if you've read the mini beforehand. By the way TheCape did you read the new Amazing Spider-Man by Spencer and Ottley? It was incredible, I lost interest in Spidey after Sins Past, The Other and One More Day, but this issue was just spectacular and the ending brought a big smile to my face

Also there is a a little Old Man Logan cameo in this issue

Brisson did a great job for the readers who didn't read the Bullseye mini but I think it's even better if you've read the mini beforehand. By the way TheCape did you read the new Amazing Spider-Man by Spencer and Ottley? It was incredible, I lost interest in Spidey after Sins Past, The Other and One More Day, but this issue was just spectacular and the ending brought a big smile to my face

Also there is a a little Old Man Logan cameo in this issue
    I would read it eventually, Brisson is defiently on "must read" list

Not yet, Dan Slott make me lost any interest on Spider-Man around Superior, i only stuck around out of habit but it burn me out. Those story that you mentioned, yeah not a big fan of then JMS second half is really dissapointing (still enjoyed Back in Black thougth), Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, so you can imagine my anger

I migth give Spencer a chance thougth, thanks for the info man. And yes i saw the cameo it seem that Logan third mutant ability still works .
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-11-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Also, i looking the artwork and man just made me wish for seeing this goodness in a Logan solo once he is fully back, be smart and keep Ferreyera around Marvel

I would read it eventually, Brisson is defiently on "must read" list

Not yet, Dan Slott make me lost any interest on Spider-Man around Superior, i only stuck around out of habit but it burn me out. Those story that you mentioned, yeah not a big fan of then JMS second half is really dissapointing (still enjoyed Back in Black thougth), Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, so you can imagine my anger

I migth give Spencer a chance thougth, thanks for the info man. And yes i saw the cameo it seem that Logan third mutant ability still works.
    No problem I used to love Spider-Man (he was my favorite Marvel hero for a long time) but after the mess of the second half of Straczynski run, One More Day and some of Slott stories I gave up. Same for Wolverine I gave up for a while after Way and Loeb, the two characters got a rough era with so many bad stories starting around 2005-2006.
    It's funny the same thing happened during the 90s, we got at the same time that nonsensical Wolverine Feral era and the infamous Spider-Man Clone saga, sometimes it's difficult to be a fan of both characters lol.

I still liked the first 2 arcs of Renew your vows that was great, especially the X-Men issues. Superior could have been a good concept but holy hell issue #9 pissed me off so much at the time

What Spencer did with this issue was interesting, he didn't ignore continuity he used some plots from Slott run and from older Spider-Man stories to built this new story and frankly for now I'm impressed, his characterization of Peter remind me of the Spider-Man of the 80s so that's great ! I wasn't a big fan of his Captain America and Secret Empire and I found Superior Foes a little boring after a while but with this issue he proved he can write a great Spider-Man, he also did something beautiful in this issue that really make me so happy !

Yeah Logan's third mutation is still intact

Also, i looking the artwork and man just made me wish for seeing this goodness in a Logan solo once he is fully back, be smart and keep Ferreyera around Marvel
    Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    This is exactly what I am hoping for, too! He was so enthusiastic on twitter about drawing Logan.
    That would be amazing, I would like to see Ferreyra draw the classic Logan and since he's a fan of the character that's even better. Let's hope Marvel will listen to us !

No problem I used to love Spider-Man (he was my favorite Marvel hero for a long time) but after the mess of the second half of Straczynski run, One More Day and some of Slott stories I gave up. Same for Wolverine I gave up for a while after Way and Loeb, the two characters got a rough era with so many bad stories starting around 2005-2006.
    It's funny the same thing happened during the 90s, we got at the same time that nonsensical Wolverine Feral era and the infamous Spider-Man Clone saga, sometimes it's difficult to be a fan of both characters lol.

I still liked the first 2 arcs of Renew your vows that was great, especially the X-Men issues. Superior could have been a good concept but holy hell issue #9 pissed me off so much at the time

What Spencer did with this issue was interesting, he didn't ignore continuity he used some plots from Slott run and from older Spider-Man stories to built this new story and frankly for now I'm impressed, his characterization of Peter remind me of the Spider-Man of the 80s so that's great ! I wasn't a big fan of his Captain America and Secret Empire and I found Superior Foes a little boring after a while but with this issue he proved he can write a great Spider-Man, he also did something beautiful in this issue that really make me so happy !

Yeah Logan's third mutation is still intact

That would be amazing, I would like to see Ferreyra draw the classic Logan and since he's a fan of the character that's even better. Let's hope Marvel will listen to us !
    In total agreement woth you about Spider-Man, althougth i still was able to find some good stuff in the Clone Saga (ASM #400 and Web of Death are among my favorite stories for the characther) is kind of an extremes era, the good was really good and the bad was just horrible (Maximum Clonage and almost everything about Judas Traveller), the Post Clone Saga and Pre Mackie/Byrne reboot is pretty solid, except for that awful ending and i always beem a fan of Norman so i'm glad that he was resurrected. Also is true being a fan of those 2 can be really hard, in spite of having the guarantee of a solo title, quality has been widly inconsistent over the years, i don't have many nice things to say for post-Avengers Wolverine and Spider-Man (to be clear i don't hate the Avengers in any level unlike the people in this board but i think that around the time than those 2 started to falter the most in quality came from that era), but back issues are always a thing, i never forget why i love those 2 in the first place .

Agreed about Superior# 9, what a terrible issue . What you said sounds interesting, i'm definetly checking this issue, i really need some good modern Spider-Man i feel that i haben't got that in years. I enjoyed most of the Conway/Stegman RYV run even if it ended badly (apparently editorial botched it) and didn't find the new direction appealing, especially with the time skip and i hear good things about that Peter/MJ centric issue (those 2 are my Marvel OTP).

If you want to more of his artwork, his work in Green Arrow Rebirth is pretty darn good, the series itself is hit and miss in quality but man it looks beautifull.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-11-2018 at 02:40 PM.

In total agreement woth you about Spider-Man, althougth i still was able to find some good stuff in the Clone Saga (ASM #400 and Web of Death are among my favorite stories for the characther) is kind of an extremes era, the good was really good and the bad was just horrible (Maximum Clonage and almost everything about Judas Traveller), the Post Clone Saga and Pre Mackie/Byrne reboot is pretty solid, except for that awful ending and i always beem a fan of Norman so i'm glad that he was resurrected. Also is true being a fan of those 2 can be really hard, in spite of having the guarantee of a solo title, quality has been widly inconsistent over the years, i don't have many nice things to say for post-Avengers Wolverine and Spider-Man (to be clear i don't hate the Avengers in any level unlike the people in this board but i think that around the time than those 2 started to falter the most in quality came from that era), but back issues are always a thing, i never forget why i love those 2 in the first place .

Agreed about Superior# 9, what a terrible issue . What you said sounds interesting, i'm definetly checking this issue, i really need some good modern Spider-Man i feel that i haben't got that in years. I enjoyed most of the Conway/Stegman RYV run even if it ended badly (apparently editorial botched it) and didn't find the new direction appealing, especially with the time skip and i hear good things about that Peter/MJ centric issue (those 2 are my Marvel OTP).

If you want to more of his artwork, his work in Green Arrow Rebirth is pretty darn good, the series itself is hit and miss in quality but man it looks beautifull.
    Damn Web of Death and the 400th issue of Amazing make me nostalgic ! But seriously those stories were great (May's death was completely ruined by the Gathering of the Five/Final Chapter storyline unfortunately) and poor Judas Traveller he was such a useless character lol.

I agree with you about the era between the Post Clone Saga and the Pre Mackie/Byrne reboot, it was really fun especially the issues drawn by Mike Wieringo and Steve Skroce, I also like the Hobgoblin vs Green Goblin story but Chapter one by Byrne was terrible.

I like the Avengers (the run by Roger Stern, Busiek and the Ultimates by Millar are all great) and I loved the recent Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run which is better than 95% of what the X-Office produced since the end of New X-Men lol but I'm not a big fan of how Marvel shoehorned them in AVX though. I have to agree with you, joining the Avengers didn't do any good to Logan and Peter unfortunately. I really couldn't stand Logan's characterization during both the Straczynski and the Hudlin run, he was acting like a dumbass towards Jarvis and Peter which didn't make any sense.

And in New Avengers by Bendis, Logan was just a punching bag and Peter became an immature buffoon, it's strange because I really like Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man but his classic Peter never worked for me. Not really surprised about RNV, the ending was so rushed which is a damn shame.

For me MJ/Peter is the best marvel couple there is no contest (I do like Peter and Black Cat together though), same for Lois and Clark at DC.

Thanks about Green Arrow, I did read some issues drawn by Ferreyra (his Black Canary is beautiful) and as you said the art is great but the writing is really uneven. Green Arrow by Lemire/Sorrentino was better for me.

Speaking of Peter and Logan, I hope Marvel will do another mini with these two, it's always great when they have a team up

Damn Web of Death and the 400th issue of Amazing make me nostalgic ! But seriously those stories were great (May's death was completely ruined by the Gathering of the Five/Final Chapter storyline unfortunately) and poor Judas Traveller he was such a useless character lol.

I agree with you about the era between the Post Clone Saga and the Pre Mackie/Byrne reboot, it was really fun especially the issues drawn by Mike Wieringo and Steve Skroce, I also like the Hobgoblin vs Green Goblin story but Chapter one by Byrne was terrible.

I like the Avengers (the run by Roger Stern, Busiek and the Ultimates by Millar are all great) and I loved the recent Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run which is better than 95% of what the X-Office produced since the end of New X-Men lol but I'm not a big fan of how Marvel shoehorned them in AVX though. I have to agree with you, joining the Avengers didn't do any good to Logan and Peter unfortunately. I really couldn't stand Logan's characterization during both the Straczynski and the Hudlin run, he was acting like a dumbass towards Jarvis and Peter which didn't make any sense.

And in New Avengers by Bendis, Logan was just a punching bag and Peter became an immature buffoon, it's strange because I really like Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man but his classic Peter never worked for me. Not really surprised about RNV, the ending was so rushed which is a damn shame.

For me MJ/Peter is the best marvel couple there is no contest (I do like Peter and Black Cat together though), same for Lois and Clark at DC.

Thanks about Green Arrow, I did read some issues drawn by Ferreyra (his Black Canary is beautiful) and as you said the art is great but the writing is really uneven. Green Arrow by Lemire/Sorrentino was better for me.

Speaking of Peter and Logan, I hope Marvel will do another mini with these two, it's always great when they have a team up
    I finally read the new Amazing Spider-Man issue by Spencer, man it was awesome, for the first time in years Peter feelt like the guy that i became a fan off, not the wash that he has been in the last 10 years (something that he and Logan had in common). I agreed about Peter and MJ they are the best couple in the Marvel Universe in the same vein than Lois and Clark, i like him with Felicia too just not in long term (and man she has some rougth years after OMD, Slott ruined her).

J.D Matteis Spider-Man is my jam, he is among my favorite writters for the Wallcrawler, even when his second run wasn't as great as the first one, he still gave us some great stuff. There is a story of the Byrne era that i like, Return of the Green Goblin, is one of the few hightlighs for that period.

And yes lets hope for a new team up for Wolverine and Spider-Man, is everything goes as planned we can celwbrate the fact that they are returning to their former glory (assuming that everything goes well), lets just hope that Peter doesn't kill another of Logan's friends by accident again .

P.S: Spider-Man vs Wolverine is amazing if managed to be a Wolverine and Spider-Man story at the same time and they converge together beautifully and that fight scene is amazing.

As for the Avengers, i enjoyed the Busiek/Perez run (althougth i haven't finished it yet), i hear good things about Stern, not surprise there his work on Spider-Man and Superman is pretty good, but i haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet. Hickman thougth, i like his epic scope in Avengers and his F4 run, but i wasn't a fond of how the epic plot took over the charactherizations, IMHO the Illuminati shouldn't have reformed among other things, but i admit that the whole thing has his upsides, i'm really moxed about the era to be honest, i definetly agreed about being better than the last few years on the X-Men and the AvX thing (i'm glad that i'm not a Rightclops fan lol ).

Agreed about Bendis, i do have some problems with his Ultimate Spider-Man too, but that's another matter. I didn't enjoy Logan's characrherization under JMS and Hudlin either, althougth he redeemed a little when he trie to make MJ feel better about Peter's death in The Other (with a weird strategy but eh).

I finally read the new Amazing Spider-Man issue by Spencer, man it was awesome, for the first time in years Peter feelt like the guy that i became a fan off, not the wash that he has been in the last 10 years (something that he and Logan had in common). I agreed about Peter and MJ they are the best couple in the Marvel Universe in the same vein than Lois and Clark, i like him with Felicia too just not in long term (and man she has some rougth years after OMD, Slott ruined her).

J.D Matteis Spider-Man is my jam, he is among my favorite writters for the Wallcrawler, even when his second run wasn't as great as the first one, he still gave us some great stuff. There is a story of the Byrne era that i like, Return of the Green Goblin, is one of the few hightlighs for that period.

And yes lets hope for a new team up for Wolverine and Spider-Man, is everything goes as planned we can celwbrate the fact that they are returning to their former glory (assuming that everything goes well), lets just hope that Peter doesn't kill another of Logan's friends by accident again.

P.S: Spider-Man vs Wolverine is amazing if managed to be a Wolverine and Spider-Man story at the same time and they converge together beautifully and that fight scene is amazing.
    Glad you liked the new Amazing Spider-Man issue, Spencer really did a good job I can't wait to see what he's going to do next
    Dematteis is great, I love Kraven's Last Hunt (I hate Grim Hunt though) and I think he's one of the best Spidey writers with Stern, Lee and Ditko. Yeah that's Wolverine vs Spider-Man story by Priest was awesome, I love the cold war/Spy intrigue and the ending was really emotional for Peter and Logan.

I also like their team up during the perception story by Mcfarlane ! Yeah poor Felicia she was butchered by Slott for a while, fortunately everything is back to normal now !

Revenge of the Green Goblin was really messed up, Norman was even crazier than usual and he almost broke Peter during that story

As for the Avengers, i enjoyed the Busiek/Perez run (althougth i haven't finished it yet), i hear good things about Stern, not surprise there his work on Spider-Man and Superman is pretty good, but i haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet. Hickman thougth, i like his epic scope in Avengers and his F4 run, but i wasn't a fond of how the epic plot took over the charactherizations, IMHO the Illuminati shouldn't have reformed among other things, but i admit that the whole thing has his upsides, i'm really moxed about the era to be honest, i definetly agreed about being better than the last few years on the X-Men and the AvX thing (i'm glad that i'm not a Rightclops fan lol).

Agreed about Bendis, i do have some problems with his Ultimate Spider-Man too, but that's another matter. I didn't enjoy Logan's characrherization under JMS and Hudlin either, althougth he redeemed a little when he trie to make MJ feel better about Peter's death in The Other (with a weird strategy but eh).
    Well Hickman's writing can be problematic for a lot of people but I like his style and I love the scope of his stories (he's one of my favourite writers so I'm a little biased). Let's just say the Illuminati had to reform because of the incursion and to use the Infinity Gauntlet but things really really escalated quickly afterwards lol.

Hickman also gave us 2 of the best panel in recent years for Logan and Peter :

Last edited by Hush; 07-12-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Glad you liked the new Amazing Spider-Man issue, Spencer really did a good job I can't wait to see what he's going to do next
    Dematteis is great, I love Kraven's Last Hunt (I hate Grim Hunt though) and I think he's one of the best Spidey writers with Stern, Lee and Ditko. Yeah that's Wolverine vs Spider-Man story by Priest was awesome, I love the cold war/Spy intrigue and the ending was really emotional for Peter and Logan.

I also like their team up during the perception story by Mcfarlane ! Yeah poor Felicia she was butchered by Slott for a while, fortunately everything is back to normal now !

Well Hickman's writing can be problematic for a lot of people but I like his style and I love the scope of his stories (he's one of my favourite writers so I'm a little biased). Let's just say the Illuminati had to reform because of the incursion and to use the Infinity Gauntlet but things really really escalated quickly afterwards lol.

Hickman also gave us 2 of the best panel in recent years for Logan and Peter :

I would add PAD in that list, is a pitty that the guy never had a proper run in the main tittle(also did you heard the news about Dikto, really sad), Last Hunt is the best Kraven story and a great Peter/MJ story too, Matteis really make a great job about showcasing the humanity of the 2 characthers there it might my favorite Spider-Man story frankly. Ditto about Grim Hunt, even Slott didn't touch Kraven in his whole run.

Lol, those 2 panels are great, better than like 99% of the stuff that was happening in their solos at the time .

P.S: Also Logan apparently knew Peter's parents, man that guy is everywhere lol.

I would add PAD in that list, is a pitty that the guy never had a proper run in the main tittle(also did you heard the news about Dikto, really sad), Last Hunt is the best Kraven story and a great Peter/MJ story too, Matteis really make a great job about showcasing the humanity of the 2 characthers there it might my favorite Spider-Man story frankly. Ditto about Grim Hunt, even Slott didn't touch Kraven in his whole run.

Lol, those 2 panels are great, better than like 99% of the stuff that was happening in their solos at the time .

P.S: Also Logan apparently knew Peter's parents, man that guy is everywhere lol.
    Yeah poor Ditko, that was a terrible news May he rest in peace.

PAD is great most of the time, the death of Jean Dewolff story was fantastic and his Spider-Man 2099 was fun. Like you I'm surprised he never did a proper run on the main Spider-Man title or on the main X-Men title but who know maybe one day. I'm torn about the best Spidey story, either Last Hunt or If This Be My Destiny both stories are really amazing sso it's hard to choose !

Logan knows everyone and wait until Way or Loeb will reveal that Logan's true mission was to kill Peter's parents in order to turn Peter into a serial killer and of course it was all according to Romulus's plan mwahahah !!!