Page 269 of 280 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4192

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah poor Ditko, that was a terrible news May he rest in peace.

PAD is great most of the time, the death of Jean Dewolff story was fantastic and his Spider-Man 2099 was fun. Like you I'm surprised he never did a proper run on the main Spider-Man title or on the main X-Men title but who know maybe one day. I'm torn about the best Spidey story, either Last Hunt or If This Be My Destiny both stories are really amazing sso it's hard to choose !

Logan knows everyone and wait until Way or Loeb will reveal that Logan's true mission was to kill Peter's parents in order to turn Peter into a serial killer and of course it was all according to Romulus's plan mwahahah !!!
    The Master Planner trilogy is definetly a classic, is difficult to choose beetween those. I wouldn't mind if PAD has run in Wolverine too, the guy is at worst solid based in my expirience with his work.

Oh yeah, i remember that.... not a great reveal (and really silly).

Let's not got too OT with the Spiderman stuff please.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Let's not got too OT with the Spiderman stuff please.
    Hey, we keep mentioning Logan , but i apologize.

Responding this here to not keep derailling the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    And another thing how hilariously bad was it that in the beginning of the Wolverine Orgins ongoing word gets out Wolverine knows his past and all these government officials start committing suicide because Logan knows what they did to him then when it’s all said and done no government agencies are at fault or even involved for that matter in turning Logan into Wolverine.
    First i agreed that scene was hilariously bad, especially in how is just forgotten after the whole Romulus and Daken business.

As for why it was there, well Way storytelling is a by the numbers borefest except when he wants to add some shocking twist, i'm sure that he was trying to use it as a presagy for what it was to come, but eventually he just deided to write his preferred characters like Daken and he forgot about it, it was really silly. Also his writing often has this feel "wouldn't be cool if Wolverine did this". But what i can expect from the guy that turned Logan into a barely reformed serial killer just like Creed.

I always curious about this, so in your opinion, outside Claremont and Byrne, who do you think that did the best job in writting Wolverine as a member of the X-Men, i ask because i felt that he has been little more than a glorified pet for most of the post-House of M era, IMHO, Morrison and that arc in Claremont X-Treme X-Men when he went to help Storm with her wounds, was the last time that he was used well in that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I always curious about this, so in your opinion, outside Claremont and Byrne, who do you think that did the best job in writting Wolverine as a member of the X-Men, i ask because i felt that he has been little more than a glorified pet for most of the post-House of M era, IMHO, Morrison and that arc in Claremont X-Treme X-Men when he went to help Storm with her wounds, was the last time that he was used well in that setting.
    I agree Logan was great during New X-Men and during the X-Treme X-Men arc !

I like Logan during the Nicieza/Lobdell era leading to AOA, the Kelly/Seagle era and during Ultimate X-Men especially the Millar, Bendis and Vaughan run. Logan's characterization was also great during his stint with the new Fantastic Four (with Hulk, Ghost Rider and Spidey) by Simonson in the 80s and of course during the recent Uncanny X-Force by Remender.

Even if I'm not a fan of Wolverine with the Avengers I think that Rucka really did a great job during the Punisher War Zone mini, where Logan while an Avenger had his own agenda and helped the Punisher who was tracked by the Avengers.

I agree Logan was great during New X-Men and during the X-Treme X-Men arc !

I like Logan during the Nicieza/Lobdell era leading to AOA, the Kelly/Seagle era and during Ultimate X-Men especially the Millar, Bendis and Vaughan run. Logan's characterization was also great during his stint with the new Fantastic Four (with Hulk, Ghost Rider and Spidey) by Simonson in the 80s and of course during the recent Uncanny X-Force by Remender.

Even if I'm not a fan of Wolverine with the Avengers I think that Rucka really did a great job during the Punisher War Zone mini, where Logan while an Avenger had his own agenda and helped the Punisher who was tracked by the Avengers.
    Man that F4 arc looks funny, i'm really tempted about reading itsome day. I think that Nicieza and Lodbell dis a good job continuing his development from the 80s.

As for X-Force, who do you has a better grasp in his voice K/Yost or Remender (i lean to the second, but i haven't finished all vol 3 of X-Force yet).

Lol, i thougth that Logan would want to kill him after that Garth Ennis mini .
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-14-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Man that F4 arc looks funny, i'm really tempted about reading itsome day. I think that Nicieza and Lodbell dis a good job continuing his development from the 80s.

As for X-Force, who do you has a better grasp in his voice K/Yost or Remender (i lean to the second, but i haven't finished all vol 3 of X-Force yet).

Lol, i thougth that Logan would want to kill him after that Garth Ennis mini .
    Hard to say, I love what Remender did with Wolverine during Uncanny X-Force but Logan's characterization during Uncanny Avengers left a lot to be desired. Same for Kyle/Yost, most of Logan's characterization during their X-Force and Amazing X-Men run was good even if I didn't like some of Logan's dialogue.

As for the Punisher, well in Wolverine #186 Logan got his revenge after the Punisher run him over with a steamroller. But later in Punisher Vol.6 #33-37 the Punisher broke Logan's nose and fired a missile at him that almost killed him, Castle then had the Hulk punches Wolverine from New York to Boston in Lincolnshire.

So yeah Logan might think it's not worth it to go after Castle again lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-14-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Finally i read all Logan first solo, my veredict:

The good outweights the bad for the most part, Hama and Tieri were definetly the hight point of the series (althougth the end of Tieri's run make a bit dissapointed of his writting with that terrible Punisher story), the Madripoor days were pretty good too, 8, 10 and 25 are my favorites in particular. Hama's is solid for the most part, i think that the best of it was from his first arf up until Fattal Attractions, wasn't a fan of the Silver Fox retcon thougth and of course things get hit and miss after that epic Wolverine vs Sabretooth macth. Tieri did a great use of continuity and for the most part got Logan's voice, the build up toward The Logan Files is just amazing and the pay off was great of course, 186 and the Alpha Flight arc are the only parts that i didn't enjoy much.

As for the rest, Degazo Wendigo story was good, same about Ellis arc and Nicieza's one shot crime story (i wouldn't mind a Wolverine run by him) and Skorce family arc were the truly bright spots from the 95 to 2000 period, were the franchise was generally without a direction.

Claremont second run was boring and kind of confussing (nice Logan vs Creed fight thougth), Larsen has some good moments, but generally it was kind of boring too, Nixxon was terrible and dumb (Logan's adamantium protect him demonic possesion? sure.....) and Way althought not quite as bad as what we got with him later was sophomore.

Finally i read all Logan first solo, my veredict:

The good outweights the bad for the most part, Hama and Tieri were definetly the hight point of the series (althougth the end of Tieri's run make a bit dissapointed of his writting with that terrible Punisher story), the Madripoor days were pretty good too, 8, 10 and 25 are my favorites in particular. Hama's is solid for the most part, i think that the best of it was from his first arf up until Fattal Attractions, wasn't a fan of the Silver Fox retcon thougth and of course things get hit and miss after that epic Wolverine vs Sabretooth macth. Tieri did a great use of continuity and for the most part got Logan's voice, the build up toward The Logan Files is just amazing and the pay off was great of course, 186 and the Alpha Flight arc are the only parts that i didn't enjoy much.

As for the rest, Degazo Wendigo story was good, same about Ellis arc and Nicieza's one shot crime story (i wouldn't mind a Wolverine run by him) and Skorce family arc were the truly bright spots from the 95 to 2000 period, were the franchise was generally without a direction.

Claremont second run was boring and kind of confussing (nice Logan vs Creed fight thougth), Larsen has some good moments, but generally it was kind of boring too, Nixxon was terrible and dumb (Logan's adamantium protect him demonic possesion? sure.....) and Way althought not quite as bad as what we got with him later was sophomore.
    I think that's about it for the volume 2 but damn you really did a big comics reading marathon As you said the good outweigh the bad for this volume and as whole it's great.

Now Volume 3 won't be as good unfortunately, the first 31 issues are really good but between Guggenheim, Loeb and Way this volume really suffered from bad stories.

Volume 4 is uneven with Aaron and Bunn and downright terrible with Loeb (despite the renumbering I still count them as part of Volume 2).

Volume 5 and 6 are terrible and the recent All New Wolverine/Old Man Logan era is uneven but I still like the Old Man Logan serie.

Yeah it was a great scene, this whole story is great. This scene always make me laugh :

I think that's about it for the volume 2 but damn you really did a big comics reading marathon As you said the good outweigh the bad for this volume and as whole it's great.

Now Volume 3 won't be as good unfortunately, the first 31 issues are really good but between Guggenheim, Loeb and Way this volume really suffered from bad stories.

Volume 4 is uneven with Aaron and Bunn and downright terrible with Loeb (despite the renumbering I still count them as part of Volume 2).

Volume 5 and 6 are terrible and the recent All New Wolverine/Old Man Logan era is uneven but I still like the Old Man Logan serie.

Yeah it was a great scene, this whole story is great. This scene always make me laugh :

Lol.
    I read the first 56 issues of vol 3 as well (and the OML arc). And so far you're right, everything falls apart after issue 32, althougth that scene when The Hand is trying to make Logan rape Rachel, Kittt and Ororo creep the hell out of me and i find it wholly unnecessary, but that's Millar for you, he likes to flirt with violence, fun story regardless, Rucka was solid for the most part, although "The Native" storyline is weird, feels like a remake of that mythic issue 10. Loeb and Way are terrible as you said too, the Lupine thing is so bad that it actually make laugh.

Lol, i love Kurt reaction there, do you remember that time when his birthday present to him was a portrait of himself, man Logan really likes to troll him lol.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-20-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Lol.
    I read the first 56 issues of vol 3 as well . And sonfae you're right, everything falls apart after issue 32, althougth that scene when The Hand is trying to make Logan rape Rachel, Kittt and Ororo creep the hell out of and i find it wholly unnecesary, but that's Millar for you, he likes to flirt with violence, fun storu regardless, Rucka was solid for the most part, althougth "The Native" storyline is weird, feels like a remake of that mythic issue 10. Loeb and Way are terrible as you said too, the Lupine thing is so bad that it actually make laugth.

Lol, i love Kurt reaction there, do you remember that time when his birthday present to him was a portrait of himself, man Logan really likes to troll him lol.
    Damn you read fast Yeah Millar can be extreme like what happened with the inbred Hulks redneck in Old Man Logan lol. The Native arc was indeed strange and a little too long but at least it make Sabretooth looks great.

Oh yeah this scene was so great between Logan's gift to Kurt and him eating that giant Turkey leg it was so damn funny !

If true, not really surprising...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...n-november-50/

I read "The Adamantium Men" by Jason Aaron, is a pretty fun story for the most part and it gave me some chuckles for sure, but man the "Laser Claws" was pretty silly, but is still a fun story, feel like an action movie in many parts in a good way, good use of Maverick too (not sure if i like the fact that he sold the Weapon X files, but i give it a pass) and is clear that Aaron did indeed some homework with Logan's continuity.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-17-2018 at 01:38 PM.