Page 118 of 280 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4192
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Why is it now a century early?

If he's moving back in time consistent to his own timeline ... why would anything change? The only real timeline mangle comes from CW2 but then that story mangled everything, so just take that at face value.

In other words, he's not moving back in time and staying in this universe ... he's moving back in his own timeline which means he effectively crosses multiverses. That's the whole reason he expects to run into the baby: if he stayed consistent in this universe he could never make it back to that point. I fact it would have been a fun opportunity to make subtle changes to help underscore this as it was effectively a different universe, but sadly we never saw that.
    Because the issue in question is SUPPOSED to be about Logan reliving his life, or some such. Yet even though in the books he's not born until the latter 1800s (1880s, I believe), this story is set during the War of 1812. That would require he be born a full CENTURY earlier than what was established elsewhere.

If he's moving back in time consistent to his own timeline ... why would anything change? The only real timeline mangle comes from CW2 but then that story mangled everything, so just take that at face value.

In other words, he's not moving back in time and staying in this universe ... he's moving back in his own timeline which means he effectively crosses multiverses. That's the whole reason he expects to run into the baby: if he stayed consistent in this universe he could never make it back to that point. I fact it would have been a fun opportunity to make subtle changes to help underscore this as it was effectively a different universe, but sadly we never saw that.
    I understand them keeping it close to the same, since really OML is meant to have lived 616 Logan's life up until a certain point and his timeline diverged. No different from say Rachel Grey's timeline so I'm just gonna chalk up the 1812 thing to a continuity error.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    So any thoughts on Weapon X? I really enjoyed the issue especially the Logan Creed interactions.
    Really liked it. It was a good start. A little bit slow but cool.

So who do we think that claw version on X-Men Blue is? Wolverine? One of his sons?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So who do we think that claw version on X-Men Blue is? Wolverine? One of his sons?
    It's already confirmed to be Jimmy Hudson.

Perhaps Lemire is being purposefully vague and I would have no issue with the Old Man Logan version being born in 1785 but I would like some kind of confirmation that this Logan has had a different life than the 616 Logan. There was a comment in an earlier issue that the villain uprising happens in the immediate future from whatever year the Marvel Universe is currently in so apparently the X-Men schism never happened in Old Man Logan's timeline. I understand from a writer's viewpoint that they shouldn't have to be beholden to past continuity, I only wish there was some kind of in-universe confirmation so it doesn't appear that the writers and editors don't give a damn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Perhaps Lemire is being purposefully vague and I would have no issue with the Old Man Logan version being born in 1785 but I would like some kind of confirmation that this Logan has had a different life than the 616 Logan. There was a comment in an earlier issue that the villain uprising happens in the immediate future from whatever year the Marvel Universe is currently in so apparently the X-Men schism never happened in Old Man Logan's timeline. I understand from a writer's viewpoint that they shouldn't have to be beholden to past continuity, I only wish there was some kind of in-universe confirmation so it doesn't appear that the writers and editors don't give a damn.
    Which frankly, they STILL wouldn't give a damn, they'd just have an explanation to hand-wave it.

Secret Wars erased everything. Reed Richards simply decided Logan was old enough to have fought in the war of 1812 :P
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's already confirmed to be Jimmy Hudson.
    I know it's Bunn... and he will somehow make it work... but mother of God... why couldn't it be anyone else other than actual real character... why couldn't even be Mean?
    Image1.jpg
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Secret Wars erased everything. Reed Richards simply decided Logan was old enough to have fought in the war of 1812 :P
    That's as good an explanation as any so it works for me

I don't know how the ending of Civil War 2 went down but it would be kind of funny if James Howlett "Logan" had a extra century of life because of a clerical error where a 7 was hit instead of an 8.

Bad News for my Old Man Logan fans...
    Maybe if we're lucky they'll just co-exist.
    IMG_7996.jpg

No way they will bring real Wolverine in that crap mini.
    They will create smth special for his return for sure.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-21-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No way they will bring real Wolverine is that crap mini.
    They will create smth special for his return for sure.
    Agreed. I don't think Marvel is going to bring Logan back full-time. There might be some reality-bending involved with Generations, but I doubt it'll lead to a full-blown resurrection. I don't think Marvel will resort to that until after things with Old Man Logan and Jimmy have played out. Those two can only fill the void for so long. As we're seeing with Iron Man and Hulk, there's only so much Marvel can do to replace iconic characters. DC already realized how that only goes so far. Marvel is just catching up. When Logan does finally return, it'll probably be a separate even altogether.

Still looking forward to seeing X-23 team up with him though. I think a story about them as a father/daughter duo would be just perfect for them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.