Page 129 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4192

That could work...but I'm kind of afraid that will make the character even more confusing to any potential new readers, having to explain that this Logan is a merger of two different versions.

Most likely if they bring 616 Logan back, they'll just kind of do a reset with him in general. Maybe he no longer has his memories and is back to being all dangerous and unpredictable like OML is and like he was back in the 80s. As for what happens to OML in that scenario...well, hopefully he gets a happy ending of some sort. Maybe reunited with his family in the afterlife, or goes back to his future and raises Baby Banner or something.

I think a merger could work. It wouldn't throw either version under the bus, and it would be a better way of getting back to a young Logan if they wanted without completely throwing away OML, since he has such a huge presence in the books and just suddenly having 616 Logan replace him those books would be forced.

Would he keep the OML look, appearance wise? Or would he look like Younger Man Logan again? Or somewhere in between (e.g., the DoFP graying at the temples look)?

Just curious as to how a merger would work in terms of his overall aesthetic, in addition to his personality make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Would he keep the OML look, appearance wise? Or would he look like Younger Man Logan again? Or somewhere in between (e.g., the DoFP graying at the temples look)?

Just curious as to how a merger would work in terms of his overall aesthetic, in addition to his personality make up.
    I think a merger would probably make him look as young as 616 Logan, while personality-wise there might not be as visible a difference other then maybe a bit of Old Man Logan's edge being retained.

OML is starting to seriously pop up everywhere again.. falling into the trap that 616Logan had fallen into, and the trap Deadpool may have fallen into as well.. that is overexposure. I'll be very disappointed if OML ends up becoming an Avenger. It's better when he's on an x-team and in his own book. Guest appearances sure, but Marvel CLEARLY has no control in using their top characters EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

I'd say they'd go with him looking younger since it's Logan's iconic appearance. Just like how even after keeping Cap as an old man for a few years and giving him back his fighting ability, they returned him to his youth in the end. And it kinda also seems a bit fitting going with the whole second chance at life angle for OML.

Yeah the resolution to the "Past Lives" arc was pretty anti-climatic I thought. I know Lemire was going for more of a character study but really it probably all could have been done in one or two issues. Actually Lemire's run has felt padded out since "The Last Ronin" arc, almost like he ran out of ideas and was just keeping things going until a new writer could take over.

For me his strongest story arc was when he went to space. Lemire knows his space, Descender and Thanos shows it. And second is the one-shot with Jean third is with the Howling Commandos and the rest including past lives fourth, but I enjoyed the ride anyways.

Fantastic Member

Does anyone here think we'll ever see the john howlett jr plot thread from a few years ago revisited if so will we see a 616 version of http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/John_Ho...._(Earth-4011) from wolverine the last?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a merger would probably make him look as young as 616 Logan, while personality-wise there might not be as visible a difference other then maybe a bit of Old Man Logan's edge being retained.
    I'm still not seeing this supposed edge OML has over the original Logan. Anyway, since Cable is doing the time travel thing again it'd probably be easier for him to just retrieve Logan before the whole pointless "Death of Wolverine" story. Though Marvel would probably give some bs reason for why that wouldn't work or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm still not seeing this supposed edge OML has over the original Logan. Anyway, since Cable is doing the time travel thing again it'd probably be easier for him to just retrieve Logan before the whole pointless "Death of Wolverine" story. Though Marvel would probably give some bs reason for why that wouldn't work or something.
    I don't really either most of the time, but it's why fans seem to enjoy OML so much so I'd imagine Marvel would try and keep that in the case they ever bring 616 Logan back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I have a feeling that this fall we'll see Marvel's Rebirth...er, Legacy kick off in earnest. And we'll start getting teases about "the real Captain America" coming back, possibly even "the real Hulk", the Fantastic Four (written by Bendis) and "the real Logan" too. We'll see...

...perhaps Lemire's most recent story arc was a clever way to say to fans "this is the real Logan, he's just older now."

I would like to see OML meet DoFP Logan. They both represent a unique take on Wolverine and have been through a ton of trauma. It would be interesting to see them meet and chat with one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Alright, let's see how Brisson handles OML. Using Civil War II reference *grumble* that event killed my favorite character.
    http://www.cbr.com/old-man-logan-25/
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 06-09-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Art looks fantastic