Page 131 of 280 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4192
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Anyone else feel that the reveal for the new head of Weapon X is a bit lame? I was like really him..why
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    When Marvel finally decide to bring back the original Logan, I doubt Deadpool will have anything to do with it and it was probably just a tease. Also, I personally think it's time to retire OML. His original story worked for me because it was just a self contained alternate future, but bringing OML to the 616 universe would be like if DC brought the DKR Batman over to the main universe as their main Batman.
    As much as I enjoy OML, and really like the aesthetic of Logan as an older and more grizzled version of himself, I have to say that I'm starting to agree with this. They seem to keep mining his past in the alternate future Wastelands, to the point where it's boring me and almost diminishing the original Millar-McNiven story a bit. And at this point they either make him look just like 616 Logan, pointy hair and all (just gray), or like a 90 year old man who forgot to put his dentures in. The inconsistency is quite annoying.

Maybe it's time to bring back the real deal after all...

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Anyone else feel that the reveal for the new head of Weapon X is a bit lame? I was like really him..why
    Agreed 100%. Such a letdown. Especially after they hyped it up.

Yeah a complete whomp whomp moment for me.

Certainly not the shocking as was promised. It seems pretty par for the course for the character and Weapon X Program in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As much as I enjoy OML, and really like the aesthetic of Logan as an older and more grizzled version of himself, I have to say that I'm starting to agree with this. They seem to keep mining his past in the alternate future Wastelands, to the point where it's boring me and almost diminishing the original Millar-McNiven story a bit. And at this point they either make him look just like 616 Logan, pointy hair and all (just gray), or like a 90 year old man who forgot to put his dentures in. The inconsistency is quite annoying.

Maybe it's time to bring back the real deal after all...
    I agree that the constant reliance on the Waste Land is really annoying as well. Especially how the last arc just ended with him putting the Wasteland "behind him" and living his life only to have his enemies from the Wasteland immediately show up. If that's going to be your ending for past lives I don't know how Marvel then green lights a pitch of Old Man Logan vs Hulk Gang rematch.

Isn't Original Logan coming back this year anyway? I remember BleedingCool saying that earlier this year along with a new X-Men related cartoon. The cartoon (Deadpool) ended up being true so I assume the other part is as well. Do you think it'll be after Generations?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Isn't Original Logan coming back this year anyway? I remember BleedingCool saying that earlier this year along with a new X-Men related cartoon. The cartoon (Deadpool) ended up being true so I assume the other part is as well. Do you think it'll be after Generations?
    The only thing known for sure ist hat he's turning up in the Generations not-event (because Secret Empire is the last Marvel event for 18 months, even though between Generations and out-of-continuity Venomverse that's clearly not the case) in a one-shot with X-23. There's otherwise been no indication of either the circumstances of his appearance (though time travel has been suggested for a number of the other Generations issues) or whether he's actually sticking around beyond it.

I kind of figured that Jimmy Howlett was the Wolverine who was returning, and BC just got their information a little wrong. Not sure why they'd bring 616 Logan back now honestly. OML allows them to have "older, no-longer-using-the-codename Logan" and Laura-Wolverine at the same time. Plus Jimmy Howlett too I suppose.

Sure, I suppose they could bring 616 Logan back and either just have two Wolverines (like the Spider-men) or have him let Laura just keep the codename and go by only Logan (like OML does), but other than a quick sales boost from hyping up his return and some 4-6 issue limited series bringing him back with twelve variant covers, it really doesn't change the current dynamic at all.

I suppose maybe I just answered my own question as to why Marvel would bring him back, though...

...$$$.

Guess time will tell. But something tells me we won't have to wait long. If he's coming back this year or early in the next, it's gotta be connected to this: http://www.cbr.com/marvel-legacy-1-i...-1-million-bc/
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-16-2017 at 02:30 PM.

The whole Weapon X is a dissapointment for me.
    I was excited for this book the most from ressurxion but 4 issues were the same so far.

Yeah, generic cyborg threat from a shady government institution now headed by a religious evangelist is just kind of...meh as a concept. I'd prefer a new X-Force book to replace this one. Maybe keep most of the cast. And add Cable and Deadpool. Winner.

The Bleeding Cool piece has more, and mentions "the return of a major Marvel icon" in this. Since it's singular, I'm assuming it's not Reed and Sue. Or the Fantastic Four, unless they are referring to the whole group as a singular icon. That would seem like a strange way to phrase it IMO, though. And it's too soon for the return of Banner-Hulk to have any real impact. Mar-Vell's return would be "meh" as well. That leaves the real Jean or the real Logan.

From: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...marvel-comics/

This September, prepare to MAKE MINE MARVEL with the most surprising, suspenseful, mysterious, astonishing tale ever told, featuring appearances from almost every beloved Marvel hero! It all leads to the return of a major Marvel icon in a shocking reveal that will leave fans speechless!
    Of course I just noticed that that part is not in quotes from Marvel, so it could be added commentary by BC which is tongue-in-cheek. Kind of looks that way with all of the superfluous adjectives...

Astonishing Member

The returing icon should be the FF or banner .yes it would be soon but banners death did not matter and served no purposes. Logans death felt complet and accualy had impact rather then being a plot device. His death should really be treated like mar-vell untouched for a long time and used to develop others like Laura and Daken. Its my biggest problem with generation/legacy there is a lot of problems that can occur and it can be verry cheep. Hopfuly when logan eventualy dose come back its in a x-men centric event lead by laura and daken.

Well, I would argue that they already did an end run around 616 Logan's death by bringing in Old Man Logan. He's basically the same thing, just older and meaner and wears stupid jackets instead of spandex.

Ultimate Member

I keep getting the feeling that they'll bring the 616 Logan back and then have them both around for a time before the OML dies off in some crossover or something as then Logan could technically be in two places at the same time...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    then Logan could technically be in two places at the same time...
    They don't exactly need to have two Logans to accomplish that. OML already seems to be doing it on his own. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The Bleeding Cool piece has more, and mentions "the return of a major Marvel icon" in this. Since it's singular, I'm assuming it's not Reed and Sue. Or the Fantastic Four, unless they are referring to the whole group as a singular icon. That would seem like a strange way to phrase it IMO, though. And it's too soon for the return of Banner-Hulk to have any real impact. Mar-Vell's return would be "meh" as well. That leaves the real Jean or the real Logan.

From: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...marvel-comics/

Of course I just noticed that that part is not in quotes from Marvel, so it could be added commentary by BC which is tongue-in-cheek. Kind of looks that way with all of the superfluous adjectives...
    Yeah I meant Legacy instead of Generations. Although it's possible that they're wrong, BP is pretty solid when they report these things