Page 160 of 280 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4192

It doesn't even have to be an AU. The Logan future can just be "the" future, Cable knows about it, wants to stop it, and pulls laura from it

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It doesn't even have to be an AU. The Logan future can just be "the" future, Cable knows about it, wants to stop it, and pulls laura from it
    Sort of. It would have to be a slightly different variation of that. It wouldn't make sense for Cable to want to stop whatever happened in Logan. He comes from "thee future" that he wants to stop. He's gonna have to come from some hundread/thousand years into the future. Like in the comics iirc. They could imo combine the Exiles concept with X-Force though. I've mentioned before that it makes it easier for X and Psylocke to just pop up if Cable is pulling together people from different points on the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Sort of. It would have to be a slightly different variation of that. It wouldn't make sense for Cable to want to stop whatever happened in Logan. He comes from "thee future" that he wants to stop. He's gonna have to come from some hundread/thousand years into the future. Like in the comics iirc. They could imo combine the Exiles concept with X-Force though. I've mentioned before that it makes it easier for X and Psylocke to just pop up if Cable is pulling together people from different points on the timeline.
    That's true. My previous post was about as general as you can get lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's true. My previous post was about as general as you can get lol.
    It's a good post. It's just, with the placement of the characters it would take some careful planning. But it would be a lot easier than some people might think. To be perfectly honest. If Drew Goddard doesn't use the story that Mangold already set up in Logan, as the basis for X-Force's messiah complex, then I think the creative team are fools. They'd literally have to tell the same story over again if they decide to place it anywhere else.

But enough about that. This is the Wolvie appreciation thread. The best way to appreciate Wolverine in the movies as it stands is to let his sacrifice mean something to the overall movie verse. Same with Charles. Laura, Cable, and all of the X-men that are awol can pick up the slack!
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 09-24-2017 at 12:56 PM.

I think some version of the Messiah trilogy is a must at some point. With Dark Phoenix and then story beats from Logan, X-Force or X-Force 2 more likely, could absolutely be Messiah War. The Cable film could be almost a direct adaptation of the ongoing from that time.

I know this is the Wolverine thread and we've veered a little bit. But the prospect of seeing one of my favorite crossovers come to the movies is very exciting. And I agree. Picking up those threads from Logan helps keep Jackman's Wolverine alive in some sense.

I was watching Logan again last night.
    But I realized:
    What the heck is up with old, beaten down bearded men taking young girls under their wing in a post-apocalyptic/dystopian worlds these days? It's becoming a trope at this point.
    Lee and a Clementine
    Simon and Marcelina
    Logan and Laura
    Joel and Ellie

Just read Weapon-X #8. Another Marvel book dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    What was wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Way ahead of you,I dropped them all.

I told y'all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    What was wrong with it?

Were to start, the hulkverine consept is a dum and gimmicky, striker would be a better villan and have a better impact in all new wolverine and generation x because he killed bunch of there classmates and was the big bad for the first story she officaly joined the X-Men (gen x should be staring the new X-Men acadamy x kids but thats a rant for another day), the story's drawn out, the other villans is generic and boring, for a book being marketed on the team being kill happy and brutal they don't kill anyone just robots. Laura should have been on the team at the start trying to be the moral compas she fits that role better then cho hulk did when he joined and OML is trying to be now. Half the time he,s we need to kill everyon other half killing is bad. Also her oml and creed would have some neat moments between them. And finaly there is no dam reason why this shouldn't be called X-force . In short is a mess and will be done after the nuke world arc.

spoilers:
    "We missed you."

Well, I think we would've missed him more if he'd been dead longer and we didn't have Old Man Logan basically being the same character .

Still...Wolverine is coming back .
    end of spoilers

Yeah buddy

Damn, this means no more Old Man Logan!
    IMG_0469.jpg