Page 216 of 280 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4192
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I think those go hand in hand. You don’t need to be a great fighter if nothing ever hurts you and you shrug everything off.
    The problem is writers don't seem to realize that just because your bones don't break doesn't mean you can't still be slowed by an injury. Cut a muscle or sever a tendon, and Logan will still be slowed down until it heals because the muscle won't flex properly (this is why Laura's strategy for taking him down in Target X actually WAS smart).

But yeah, healing factors across the board need to be toned down.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    See I never had a problem with his increased healing factor, especially since everybody else has been getting power ups over the years. My main issue has been him being written basically as a brawler/tank void of any fighting skill.
    Sadly, any character with a healing factor gets this treatment. It's just so fun to show off how well they can heal, that many writers will have them just charging into attacks and ignoring any kind of legit fighting skills or intelligence they have.

Deadpool has suffered this. I hear Laura has suffered it with some writers. And Sabretooth is possibly the worst one.

These healing factors need to be toned down from being so hax. And character who have them still should wanna avoid unneeded injury that does still hurt, and can impede their mission by crippling their performance. Instead of making the HF character dumb brutes.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-26-2018 at 01:03 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    I sincerely hope Mariko won't die in the next couple of issues without even meeting original Logan.
    Fact that OML is off fighting bullseye and Kingpin leads me to believe Mariko dies. Either that or she stays in japab with Shingen or some such nonsense
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Fact that OML is off fighting bullseye and Kingpin leads me to believe Mariko dies. Either that or she stays in japab with Shingen or some such nonsense
    Why do I feel like Bullseye is gonna kill Mariko...? Kingpin trying to protect his assets (the Hand’s cooperation) or something along those lines.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE remind me when and why Logan hunted down Rachel? What was his intent? I'm re-reading House of M now and for some reason THIS is haunting me. It was around Secret Wars I think, when Rachel was struggling with the Phoenix force...

ALSO. I missed out on a lot of good Wolverine reading in the 2000's because I wasn't reading much from the X books and there was just way too much Wolverine going on. I did read and really liked Liu's X-23 and the Laura/Daken books leading up to and through those.

So what's the BEST of the BEST from the 2000's to now?
    Old Man Logan, Origins....?

I did read Death of Wolverine and sure, okay, since that was what the franchise wanted to do I'm happy they did it quickly and without...but then! The immediate fallout was and has been very off-putting. Eliminating Logan in order to make him into many versions is sort of like...well, sorta like putting him into a Weapon X manufacturing thingy and sapping his life from him and turning him into $PRODUCTS$ - Isn't it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sungila; 01-26-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Solits make like logan just choose to take kingpin down. So if it has nothing to do with mariko maybr hr just doesnt want a villian in charge. Hes having Wasteland flashbacks lol
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE remind me when and why Logan hunted down Rachel? What was his intent? I'm re-reading House of M now and for some reason THIS is haunting me. It was around Secret Wars I think, when Rachel was struggling with the Phoenix force...

ALSO. I missed out on a lot of good Wolverine reading in the 2000's because I wasn't reading much from the X books and there was just way too much Wolverine going on. I did read and really liked Liu's X-23 and the Laura/Dakken books leading up to and through those.

So what's the BEST of the BEST THER IS from the 2000's to now?
    Old Man Logan, Origins....?

Thanks.
    Logan wanted to stop Racheal from killing Selene of the Hellfire Club. His way of remaining the onyl X-man to kill so others wouldnt have to
    X-Men Forever

Logan wanted to stop Racheal from killing Selene of the Hellfire Club. His way of remaining the onyl X-man to kill so others wouldnt have to
    Right! Thank you Berserkerclaw! I remember now. That whole period, him being hunted and a hunter, Rachel being haunted by her future past - the hunt: the hunter and the hunted. Powerful stuff.

Thanks again!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Solits make like logan just choose to take kingpin down.
    I think the Kingpin arc is just the aftermath of Secret Empire. I could be totally wrong but after the event was over he got power again (like he usually does). Daredevil is currently dealing with the Kingpin.

Also, Daredevil, Hulk and the X-Men have the same editors. So it’s easier for those characters to crossover (even though I never understood that part but whatever)

I highly recommend Frank Terrie’s run from the 2000 though I may have misspelled his name. Any of the X-Force stuff with Logan is great too. Also Logan first class for the most part I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I hope that the old man Logan writer gets to write OG Logan because his OML always sounds way more classic Logan.
    Well, your in luck my friend. There's rumors that he'll be one of the lucky writers that will write the one-shot for "The Hunt For Wolverine." I named four writers that were going to write him (wild guesses). I got two out of four. I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess: Brisson, Hopeless, Cates, and Thompson.
    The bold ones are the ones that I got right.

The Hunt For Wolverine specials in May, I am told Charles Soule, Matt Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Kelly Thompson as writers, with Mike Deodato, Ryan Stegman and Carlos Pacheco as artists. Mix and match….
    I trust these writers. The weakest for me (IMO) is Soule, but I can still hear Logan so that's good enough for me.

Side note: YES! Cable is getting a BIG push after Infinity Countdown! Hell yeah! Also, Weapon X will continue, lol.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...l-comics-2018/
    There "rumors."

I'm curious to see what Kelly Thompson does with Logan. He's certainly a different character from what I'm used to seeing her write (compared to, say, Laura).

I wonder if the Weapon X revamp will involve OG!Logan taking over? Or Cable...

Well, your in luck my friend. There's rumors that he'll be one of the lucky writers that will write the one-shot for "The Hunt For Wolverine." I named four writers that were going to write him (wild guesses). I got two out of four. I said this:

I trust these writers. The weakest for me (IMO) is Soule, but I can still hear Logan so that's good enough for me.

Side note: YES! Cable is getting a BIG push after Infinity Countdown! Hell yeah! Also, Weapon X will continue, lol.
    There "rumors."
    I can see the Cable rumor as true to push him because of Deadpool 2.

Weapon X needs cancelled unless it actually gains more of a purpose and gets better IMO.

The Hubt for Wolverine writers. I can see Brisson being tapped cause of OML and a potential wolverine ongoing down the line. Soule i can see since he begibs it in the first oneshot. Thompson idk. Weird choice for Logan. Rosenberg Interesting. But i guess hes the up and coming writer possibly getting more X work
    X-Men Forever

There "rumors."
    Awesome news and good guesses!

I can see the Cable rumor as true to push him because of Deadpool 2.

Weapon X needs cancelled unless it actually gains more of a purpose and gets better IMO.

The Hubt for Wolverine writers. I can see Brisson being tapped cause of OML and a potential wolverine ongoing down the line. Soule i can see since he begibs it in the first oneshot. Thompson idk. Weird choice for Logan. Rosenberg Interesting. But i guess hes the up and coming writer possibly getting more X work
    I think Weapon X is getting better. The Nuke-clear War arc is at least fun.