Page 249 of 280 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4192

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of the James Howlett name either and I agree it never made any sense for other characters such as Squirrel Girl or Teen Jean to call him James.
    I think the worst instance was during that horrendous Wolverine run by Paul Cornell where Logan even asked Kitty to call him James and not Logan anymore that was dumb and quickly forgotten fortunately lol.
    I don't mind the name, but seriously, why so many people knew that he is called that or would insist on it, he has been Logan since him and Rose run away from the Howlett state.

Something that i would never forgive Daniel Way for, is that he gave us Daken, i get why he has fan, but frankly i think that he is just annoying and that Logan should drown him again, sounds inhuman, i admit, but considering the shit that he has pulled, i think that he doesn't deserve better. He isn't even an interesting villain to keep around.

Question: How do you feel about Jason Aaron run in the characther, as far as i had seen he is kind of mixed bag, i personally enjoyed his take on Logan as the goofy teacher on Wolverine and the X-Men, but is not exactly my prefered setting for him and i don't know much about his solo adventures.

I really liked Aaron on Wolverine: Weapon X. His Wolverine and the X-Men run was good at first but went downhill pretty fast.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i mostly liked Aarons run on the solo. WATXM wasnt great. hated the Hellfire kids
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One thing that really bugged me about Origins is them changing Wolverine's name.

For decades he was Logan. Nothing else. Just Logan. Then we find out Logan wasn't even part of his name. His name is James Howlett. Even that would be excusable, but afterwards, it seemed like everybody suddenly knew he was named James.

The fact that Wolverine even accepts his name is really James Howlett bugs me. He's not. He was born James Howlett, but only used that name for somewhere around 20 years. After that, he became who he really is and has been Logan ever since.
    Agreed. I think it was beyond stupid. If they wanted to reveal he was James Logan or Logan Howlett fine but a whole new name seemed like the writer being greedy. Not to mention we learn Logan’s whole personality is ripped off from his boss. And the heavy handed writing of oh he loves Jean because he loved this red head back in the day. Oh and he hates Creed because of this kid who looked exactly like him but wasn’t him having a grudge with him back in the day.

BANNED

I ordered ''Wolverine Goes to Hell'' Omnibus from IST yesterday. The part II of Wolverine by Aaron Omnibus. I'm thinking about getting ''Weapon X Return'' Omnibus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed. I think it was beyond stupid. If they wanted to reveal he was James Logan or Logan Howlett fine but a whole new name seemed like the writer being greedy. Not to mention we learn Logan’s whole personality is ripped off from his boss. And the heavy handed writing of oh he loves Jean because he loved this red head back in the day. Oh and he hates Creed because of this kid who looked exactly like him but wasn’t him having a grudge with him back in the day.
    It was still better than how Origins II handled Creed.

I don't even know why Origins II WAS called "origins". There was no origin there. Wolverine didn't change a bit from the start to the end of the story. All it did was add unnecessary backstory with Creed and Mr. Sinister that didn't go anywhere.

I don't even know why Origins II WAS called "origins". There was no origin there. Wolverine didn't change a bit from the start to the end of the story. All it did was add unnecessary backstory with Creed and Mr. Sinister that didn't go anywhere.
    completely Agree. it was not needed. and added more to the past that muddles what was already there. much like Origins lol
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Something that i would never forgive Daniel Way for, is that he gave us Daken, i get why he has fan, but frankly i think that he is just annoying and that Logan should drown him again, sounds inhuman, i admit, but considering the shit that he has pulled, i think that he doesn't deserve better. He isn't even an interesting villain to keep around.
    Yeah Daken is such a terrible character, he's basically the edgy Wolverine of the 2000s when Marvel needed a Dark Wolverine for their Dark Avengers during their Dark Reign lol. No seriously Marvel tried to push the character so much along the years and each time it failed miserably no matter what. Hell they tried every gimmick possible with him and nothing worked he's basically the definition of "Throw everything at the wall to see if it sticks".

Question: How do you feel about Jason Aaron run in the characther, as far as i had seen he is kind of mixed bag, i personally enjoyed his take on Logan as the goofy teacher on Wolverine and the X-Men, but is not exactly my prefered setting for him and i don't know much about his solo adventures.
    I really like the Weapon X serie, Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine and the a mile in my mocassins story, his run on the Wolverine main serie is really uneven though and the ending is a little rushed but as a whole it's an interesting take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I ordered ''Wolverine Goes to Hell'' Omnibus from IST yesterday. The part II of Wolverine by Aaron Omnibus. I'm thinking about getting ''Weapon X Return'' Omnibus as well.
    I ordered both of them, I can't wait especially for the Weapon X Omnibus since it collect one of my favourite Wolverine story : The Logan Files.

There is something very wrong with this mini, the first issue was great but then it quickly became a mess. It looks like Gillen and the editors just wanted to have Logan go back to the civilization and explain the origin of the rivalry between Creed and Logan and their birthday tradition. In the end all this mini is missing is one issue that could have tied all those plot points nicely but alas that never happened.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-07-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Yeah Daken is such a terrible character, he's basically the edgy Wolverine of the 2000s when Marvel needed a Dark Wolverine for their Dark Avengers during their Dark Reign lol. No seriously Marvel tried to push the character so much along the years and each time it failed miserably no matter what. Hell they tried every gimmick possible with him and nothing worked he's basically the definition of "Throw everything at the wall to see if it sticks".

I really like the Weapon X serie, Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine and the a mile in my mocassins story, his run on the Wolverine main serie is really uneven though and the ending is a little rushed but as a whole it's an interesting take on the character.

I ordered both of them, I can't wait especially for the Weapon X Omnibus since it collect one of my favourite Wolverine story : The Logan Files.

There is something very wrong with this mini, the first issue was great but then it quickly became a mess. It looks like Gillen and the editors just wanted to have Logan go back to the civilization and explain the origin of the rivalry between Creed and Logan and their birthday tradition. In the end all this mini is missing is one issue that could have tied all those plot points nicely but alas that never happened.

Claremont did the rivalary better in Wolverine #10. there was no need to add to it in my Opinion.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Claremont did the rivalary better in Wolverine #10. there was no need to add to it in my Opinion.
    For sure I hate when they reexplain things that were clear and outstanding the first time. I also hate when they insist on explaining everything like his love for Jean. As if people don’t fall in love at first sight. Most people do all the time without the person reminding them of some lost love.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    For sure I hate when they reexplain things that were clear and outstanding the first time. I also hate when they insist on explaining everything like his love for Jean. As if people don’t fall in love at first sight. Most people do all the time without the person reminding them of some lost love.

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you The Hunt for Wolverine is supposed to have some big revelations about the X-continuity so maybe they could retcon some of this nonsense about his origins and Romulus.

Romulus ... now there's a character that was a horrible idea for the get-go. Just his design makes him look like a 90s IMAGE EXTREME style ripoff of Wolverine.

The sooner they retcon him away as some Mr. Sinister or Weapon X created clone that got out of control the better.

Extraordinary Member

I actually think Daken has improved as a character in recent years. But that's because they toned him down a bit, had him actually failing quite hard, and sort of got rid of that stupid mohawke.

Spectacular Member

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you The Hunt for Wolverine is supposed to have some big revelations about the X-continuity so maybe they could retcon some of this nonsense about his origins and Romulus.
    My head cannon is that Romulus is nothing more than a Creed clone. Sinister was attempting to make a better version of Sabretooth and mixed some DNA and out came Romulus. He had memories implanted in him to make him believe he was this grand being and he just developed delusions of grandeur. He has a familiar scent because he's just a silly knockoff. I'm just waiting for the story to be written that the real Creed is fed up with these on the loose Creeds failing to expand his criminal empire. He's allowed the rejects like Romulus and the Creed in Weapon X to expand his brand as he just hangs out in the shadows. Because they are awful, he decides to come out of hiding and take them out, showing that they're all just sloppy seconds and an embarrassment.

Until this story is written, the real Sabretooth is either dead or in hiding