Page 251 of 280 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4192
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Knowing Marvel, they’ll probably follow Dead Ends up with a Return of Wolverine mini before doing a Wolverine #1. You know, for all the time they’re stretching this out, we could’ve gotten at least another couple months out of All-New Wolverine.
    Im thinking more along the lines of wolverines 1 with all the clawed mutants finding him, then retuen prelude, the return, then a event prelude, event, omega issue, one shot, wolverine 1 with a xbook relaunch

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Im thinking more along the lines of wolverines 1 with all the clawed mutants finding him, then retuen prelude, the return, then a event prelude, event, omega issue, one shot, wolverine 1 with a xbook relaunch
    Sounds about right except you forgot the numerous tie-ins that we “can’t miss” lest we don’t get the full picture when in reality they’re all just glorified filler the the main event either contradicts or flat out ignores.

Astonishing Member

Sounds about right except you forgot the numerous tie-ins that we “can’t miss” lest we don’t get the full picture when in reality they’re all just glorified filler the the main event either contradicts or flat out ignores.
    And the post credit scene in non related book, cause Logan

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Knowing Marvel, they’ll probably follow Dead Ends up with a Return of Wolverine mini before doing a Wolverine #1. You know, for all the time they’re stretching this out, we could’ve gotten at least another couple months out of All-New Wolverine.
    very true. i was expecting Logan's return to factor in Laura dropping the costume. makes me curious if Tamaki will drop a line in #1 about it at all
    X-Men Forever

Let's get back to appreciating Logan and get away from complaining about Marvel's publishing tactics.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Let's get back to appreciating Logan and get away from complaining about Marvel's publishing tactics.
    Agreed though I think most of this frustration stems from appreciating the character and us wanting Logan back already. Marvel has been stringing fans along for a over a half year since his return was revealed and now it looks like a full year later he still won’t have legitimately returned.

That said it’s given me time to read some great classic Logan tales. Highly recommend Uncanny X-force an amazing book in general and some great Logan development. As well as his post 50 pre 75 run of Wolverine. Next up New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed though I think most of this frustration stems from appreciating the character and us wanting Logan back already. Marvel has been stringing fans along for a over a half year since his return was revealed and now it looks like a full year later he still won’t have legitimately returned.

That said it’s given me time to read some great classic Logan tales. Highly recommend Uncanny X-force an amazing book in general and some great Logan development. As well as his post 50 pre 75 run of Wolverine. Next up New Avengers.
    Oh yeah good stuff, I realy liked the Shiva scenario, the Death of Mariko, the Epsilon Red and the Logan/Jubilee stories ! For my part, I reread wolverine 75-90 and the Age Of Apocalypse Weapon X mini this week, one of my favorite era by Hama/Kubert
    Last edited by Hush; 05-13-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Oh yeah good stuff, I realy liked the Shiva scenario, the Death of Mariko, the Epsilon Red and the Logan/Jubilee stories ! For my part, I reread wolverine 75-90 and the Age Of Apocalypse Weapon X mini this week, one of my favorite era by Hama/Kubert
    That era and the misuse of Gambit at that time is what converted me into a Wolverine fan. I’ve just read those issues so much they don’t scratch the Wolverine itch so to speak. Kubert is hands down my favorite Wolverine artist.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    That era and the misuse of Gambit at that time is what converted me into a Wolverine fan. I’ve just read those issues so much they don’t scratch the Wolverine itch so to speak. Kubert is hands down my favorite Wolverine artist.
    Yeah it was a great time to be a Wolverine fan before everything went to hell after the 100th issue lol. I think Frank Tieri and Sean Chen really managed to recapture the magic of these issues during their run especially with the Logan Files story

Kubert is in my top 5 Wolverine artists with Barry Windsor Smith, John Byrne, Marc Silvestri and Leinil Yu, but to be honest I was very underwhelmed by his most recent work on Spectacular Spider-Man. His last great work was the Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine mini serie in my opinion and I can't wait to receive the Wolverine Goes to Hell Omnibus next week, his art in oversized format is gonna look amazing !!!
    Last edited by Hush; 05-13-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Agreed, this is among my favorites Wolverine moments.

tumblr_nt6ckqNDKO1stztvdo1_1280.jpg

Also i had been reading Logan first ongoing (11 issues in) and it had been pretty fun, my favorite issues are the one when he trick the Hulk/Joey Fixit and basically troll him as " Pacth" during the whole story and of course there is issue 10 with a great Sabertooth/Wolverine, the blood feud beetween those two is amazing, i also kind of see Claremont's idea about making Creed the father of Logan.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

ill agree on Kubert as being in the top 5 Wolverine Artists of all time.

Hama's run of course is an instant fave. barring some of the more frustrating aspects of the whole False Memory plots ala Silverfox being alive and maybe having claws
    X-Men Forever

I like this suggestion of what to do with Jimmy Hudson...

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-jimmy-hud...-logan-theory/

Throwing he and Old Man Logan into a new “Elseworlds” type book set in the Wastelands could be great. Call it Wolverines: The Wastelands or something like that, and it’s Jimmy and OML trying to set the world right, with real stakes because anything can happen and no one is safe, bouncing from one horrific locale after another in the OML future. I’m thinking there are parts of the world that are zombie infested wastelands, others that are villain run cesspools of depravity and misery, and so on and so forth. Hell, it would even be great fun to see Logan’s two “sons” in Jimmy and Banner Jr. trying to get along with one another. I’d be so onboard with something like that.

Speaking of Old Man Logan, I can't wait for Juan Ferreya to join the book!

I could get behind OML and Jimmy in a wastelands book, but I'd rather he meet his real dad in the Ultimate Universe.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Agreed, this is among my favorites Wolverine moments.

tumblr_nt6ckqNDKO1stztvdo1_1280.jpg

Also i had been reading Logan first ongoing (11 issues in) and it had been pretty fun, my favorite issues are the one when he trick the Hulk/Joey Fixit and basically troll him as " Pacth" during the whole story and of course there is issue 10 with a great Sabertooth/Wolverine, the blood feud beetween those two is amazing, i also kind of see Claremont's idea about making Creed the father of Logan.
    What a great pic I love those early Madripoor stories too ! You know Sabretooth as Logan's father was the original plan when Byrne and Claremont were co-writing the Uncanny X-Men serie, there was even a story about Logan, Creed and Mariko that was abandonned.
    Sabretooth was supposed to mortally wound Mariko during a vicious attack, putting her in a coma, Logan knowing that Mariko would never wake up decide to turn off her life support.
    As a result a mad Wolverine would avenge her by killing his own father : Sabretooth.

If you want to know more check this article : https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-s...s-dad-or-what/

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Speaking of Old Man Logan, I can't wait for Juan Ferreya to join the book!
    That guy is amazing ! I saw some of his Old Man Logan art on twitter and I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like this suggestion of what to do with Jimmy Hudson...

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-jimmy-hud...-logan-theory/

Throwing he and Old Man Logan into a new “Elseworlds” type book set in the Wastelands could be great. Call it Wolverines: The Wastelands or something like that, and it’s Jimmy and OML trying to set the world right, with real stakes because anything can happen and no one is safe, bouncing from one horrific locale after another in the OML future. I’m thinking there are parts of the world that are zombie infested wastelands, others that are villain run cesspools of depravity and misery, and so on and so forth. Hell, it would even be great fun to see Logan’s two “sons” in Jimmy and Banner Jr. trying to get along with one another. I’d be so onboard with something like that.
    I could get behind OML and Jimmy in a wastelands book, but I'd rather he meet his real dad in the Ultimate Universe.
    Gotta agree with Wolverine12, I would prefer for Jimmy to go back to his own universe and meet Ultimate Wolverine or at least tried to live up to his legacy. I would prefer for OML to go back to his own universe and be on his own while trying to form a new team of heroes with Baby Hulk and Danielle Cage.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-15-2018 at 11:22 AM.