Page 256 of 280 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4192
    Astonishing Member

His solo will be revealed tommarow at noon on marvel website
    https://youtu.be/o0a5YVookgI

Finally, it was about time.

Oh ****, it better not be Tom Taylor!!!

Doubt it, Brissom or Soule sound more likely.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-04-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Doubt it, Grissom ir Soule sound more likely.
    Brisson or Soule would be fine, i would even take Tamaki after reading Claw of a Killer, but Taylor no no no!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Brisson or Soule would be fine, i would even take Tamaki after reading Claw of a Killer, but Taylor no no no!
    Tamaki would be busy on X-23 so i doubt that she is an option, Lemire would be good, is he still on Marvel?.

Tamaki would be busy on X-23 so i doubt that she is an option, Lemire would be good, is he still on Marvel?.
    He's doing some indie stuff and the upcoming Sentry book if i'm right, but no worries that Sentry book will cancelled sooner or later so we can get him back on OML lol

Wolverine has long been my favorite male mutant character (tied with Cable, I love their rivalry), ever since Cal Dodson first opened his mouth. I love his heroism and willingness to stand up for the little guy which always impressed me because Wolvie's a little guy himself. I wanted nothing more than to be Wolverine's sidekick growing up, just like Jubilee or Kitty. As a result, Claremont and Hama remain my favorite Wolverine writers. I'm glad Wolverine is coming back, but I'm waiting for the trade(s). They are just easier to collect and I am not buying a bunch of issues just for one page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    He's doing some indie stuff and the upcoming Sentry book if i'm right, but no worries that Sentry book will cancelled sooner or later so we can get him back on OML lol
    If he does, lets hope that he remenber that OML got over what happened in the Wastelands instead of rehashing it again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Darlin' View Post
    Wolverine has long been my favorite male mutant character (tied with Cable, I love their rivalry), ever since Cal Dodson first opened his mouth. I love his heroism and willingness to stand up for the little guy which always impressed me because Wolvie's a little guy himself. I wanted nothing more than to be Wolverine's sidekick growing up, just like Jubilee or Kitty. As a result, Claremont and Hama remain my favorite Wolverine writers. I'm glad Wolverine is coming back, but I'm waiting for the trade(s). They are just easier to collect and I am not buying a bunch of issues just for one page.
    Welcome to the thread man, he is also my favorite male mutant and is good to see more fans of the Ol' Canucklehead

Now that the announcement of his solo has come, why we won't talk about how we became fans of the mutant that is "The Best In What He Does", god knows that this thread could use some activity, lol.

Speaking for myself, my first contact with Logan and the X-Men franchise was like many here, with the 90s animated series, I'm not from the USA so when i met the character he wasn't called Wolverine but "Guepardo" (Cheetah in Spanish) a bad translation, my guest is that his actual name (Gloton) didn't sound threatening enough, the first episode that i saw was the one when Jubilee, Gambit and him had an encounter with the Juggernaut in the middle of the city, i thought that his power set and costume was cool and i liked how he wasn't afraid of facing a guy that was clearly stronger than him and he was always my favorite to watch, every time that he was doing something important (the Savage Land episode when everyone lost their powers, the Weapon X episode, his trip to Japan) but at the same time, my understanding of him was kind of superficial, he was just the coolest of the group from my 8 year old mind. My experience with the first 2 X-Men movies was similar, too (they also translated his name correctly there, go figure).

Eventually i was able to find Claremont/Miller mini was when i actually started to appreciate the depth and pathos of the character, the constant conflict between his feral and human side, his memory problems and how to contain his more lethal impulses because he wanted to be a better man, he could actually be a pretty decent metaphor for anger management issues, kind of fitting than he appeared in The Hulk first when you think about it. That made me appreciate his characther a lot more, but i wasn't able to get into him until more recently and works like Weapon x by Barry Windsor Smith (best Wolverine story as far as i'm concerned) and The Logan Files by Tieri (Wolverine #176 is among the best issues of his solo and i hadn't read Hama's run yet)

I still enjoy the power fantasy aspect and the no-nonsense, Clint Eastwood macho type that Logan represents, the guy that get into brawls in a bar for fun just to sleep with with Tyger Tyger right after, or spout cool one liners when get the drop in the bad guy, but i'm glad that he is more than that, because in a weird way it taught me how to see beyond the surface of thing and try to understand people better.

Well that's my expirience, what about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    His solo will be reviled tommarow at noon on marvel website
    https://youtu.be/o0a5YVookgI
    Yes!!!!!! Noon tomorrow got so much better!! Can’t wait.

Now that the announcement of his solo has come, why we won't talk about how we became fans of the mutant that is "The Best In What He Does", god knows that this thread could use some activity, lol.

Speaking for myself, my first contact with Logan and the X-Men franchise was like many here, with the 90s animated series, I'm not from the USA so when i met the character he wasn't called Wolverine but "Guepardo" (Cheetah in Spanish) a bad translation, my guest is that his actual name (Gloton) didn't sound threatening enough, the first episode that i saw was the one when Jubilee, Gambit and him had an encounter with the Juggernaut in the middle of the city, i thought that his power set and costume was cool and i liked how he wasn't afraid of facing a guy that was clearly stronger than him and he was always my favorite to watch, every time that he was doing something important (the Savage Land episode when everyone lost their powers, the Weapon X episode, his trip to Japan) but at the same time, my understanding of him was kind of superficial, he was just the coolest of the group from my 8 year old mind. My experience with the first 2 X-Men movies was similar, too (they also translated his name correctly there, go figure).

Eventually i was able to find Claremont/Miller mini was when i actually started to appreciate the depth and pathos of the character, the constant conflict between his feral and human side, his memory problems and how to contain his more lethal impulses because he wanted to be a better man, he could actually be a pretty decent metaphor for anger management issues, kind of fitting than he appeared in The Hulk first when you think about it. That made me appreciate his characther a lot more, but i wasn't able to get into him until more recently and works like Weapon x by Barry Windsor Smith (best Wolverine story as far as i'm concerned) and The Logan Files by Tieri (Wolverine #176 is among the best issues of his solo and i hadn't read Hama's run yet)

I still enjoy the power fantasy aspect and the no-nonsense, Clint Eastwood macho type that Logan represents, the guy that get into brawls in a bar for fun just to sleep with with Tyger Tyger right after, or spout cool one liners when get the drop in the bad guy, but i'm glad that he is more than that, because in a weird way it taught me how to see beyond the surface of thing and try to understand people better.

Well that's my expirience, what about you guys?
    If you haven’t read Hama’s run yet buy these now you won’t be sorry.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Lar...5DL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Lar...WFD13N1N2MG2ZH

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    If you haven’t read Hama’s run yet buy these now you won’t be sorry.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Lar...5DL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Lar...WFD13N1N2MG2ZH
    I'm planning to starting it tomorrow actually, but i had to say, just looking some of the pages without any context, some of the Marc Silvestri,s art looks really ugly, hopefully the writting can make out for it.

BANNED

Has anyone seen this from CBR's front page?

She may have been created for just a one-off appearance on X-Men: Evolution, a show cursed to be nothing more than the second-best X-Men cartoon ever made, but X-23 has followed in the steps of her predecessor Harley Quinn in transcending her original medium and becoming an established presence in comics and the mainstream. Wolverine has always been kind of a dull and overexposed character, perpetually representing unrepentant, unmoving masculinity at its deepest id, making any alteration to his character — even one so simple as a simple gender switch — a huge change to who he is. This is visibly reflected in X-23’s constant need to escape Wolverine’s legacy while simultaneously idolizing it.

Over time she’s transformed from a solo player to a legitimate X-Man and is now playing mama bear to Honey Badger in a similar way to how Logan was her mentor for a while. The fact that she even has multi-dimensional character traits to begin with is a victory in and of itself considering her source material, both literally and metaphorically, is one of the most famously one-dimensional characters in all of comic lore."

https://www.cbr.com/good-bad-comic-clones/