Page 258 of 280 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4192
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

return_of_wolverine_-_publicity_-_p_2018.jpgreturn_of_wolverine_1_cover.jpg

Return of Wolverine #1 of 5 Charles Soule and Steve Mcniven.

“I thought this was a real opportunity to do things that would make him feel new and fresh in a way; if you come back from the dead, it should mean something,” Soule told Marvel.com. “One of the outwardly physical manifestations of that is that now, from time to time, his claws — once they’re popped — they can heat up. They can get really hot.”

Return of Wolverine is being described at Marvel as the third part of a trilogy that runs through the four-part Death of Wolverine and 18-part Hunt for Wolverine storylines. This final chapter is scheduled to run just five issues, but it’s not the end of the story for the character — a regular Wolverine title is expected to launch after Return wraps up.

Contant taken from Hollywood Reporter.

*Edit* sorry didnt see the thread dedicated to it
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 06-05-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    return_of_wolverine_-_publicity_-_p_2018.jpgreturn_of_wolverine_1_cover.jpg

Return of Wolverine #1 of 5 Charles Soule and Steve Mcniven.

“I thought this was a real opportunity to do things that would make him feel new and fresh in a way; if you come back from the dead, it should mean something,” Soule told Marvel.com. “One of the outwardly physical manifestations of that is that now, from time to time, his claws — once they’re popped — they can heat up. They can get really hot.”

Return of Wolverine is being described at Marvel as the third part of a trilogy that runs through the four-part Death of Wolverine and 18-part Hunt for Wolverine storylines. This final chapter is scheduled to run just five issues, but it’s not the end of the story for the character — a regular Wolverine title is expected to launch after Return wraps up.

Contant taken from Hollywood Reporter.

*Edit* sorry didnt see the thread dedicated to it
    They will milk Wolverine`s return so much that when he will finally return only die hard fans would be excited. It is sad.

Or maybe they are pushing back his return so new solo will start with X-Men Fresh Start?
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-06-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    They will milk Wolverine`s return so much that when he will finally return only die hard fans would be excited. It sad.
    You're correct. It got to the point that its not even funny anymore.

So, if this "return" has 4 to 5 (I wish for only one) parts, and it only comes once a month, we won't see him until 2019. D:

I feel like the Return Mini on top of all this is for 3 things

To be a Cash Grab
    To Allign his solo with X-Men: Fresh Start
    To buy time to wrap up the stories of Old Man Logan (Dead), Weapon H (Deader than Dead) and Jimmy (Deadest)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    They will milk Wolverine`s return so much that when he will finally return only die hard fans would be excited. It is sad.

Or maybe they are pushing back his return so new solo will start with X-Men Fresh Start?
    Marvel Legacy #1 seems like a lifetime ago.

Two things

1. I already read the first 30 issues or Wolverine by Claremont, PAD, Goodwin and Duffy (yes i'm that obssesed ) and Marvel Comics Present 1-10, this to be recognized as the "Madripoor Era" from the characther, i thougth that it was a fun ride, the "Gehena Stone" arc was probably my favorite after #10 and the Joey Fixit issue,.it just made me laught how everyone revealed to Logan that they knew that he was Wolverine the whole time, that "Pacth" business is not as effective as he thinks.

2. I read the first 2 trades of Hama/Silvestri run, for the most paet lived up to expectation, althougth sometimes Silvestri's artwork looks really ugly. BTW, Elsie Dee and Albert the android are most bizarre villains that i had seen in a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I agreed, The Logan Files by Tieri stablished that quite beatufully.
    Although it is I think more style over substance in a lot of places and wasn't as good as when I read it as a teen tbh Tieri's run is my personal fav Wolverine run of all time despite his...problems as a person shall we say. He also did a good albeit short Deadpool run that redeemed the series after Palmiotti's crap

BANNED

Controversial opinion.

I do not like the Whedon era blue and yellow revamp costume.

My personal fav Wolvie suit is the classic yellow and blue one from Giant Sized #1/1992 cartoon but I admit it looks dumb.

I don't see why they always put him in the revamp costume when the old brown and tan suit is easier to draw, makes more sense (it's darker and he is a darker character and it more closely resembles an actual Wolverine animal) and is just bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Although it is I think more style over substance in a lot of places and wasn't as good as when I read it as a teen tbh Tieri's run is my personal fav Wolverine run of all time despite his...problems as a person shall we say. He also did a good albeit short Deadpool run that redeemed the series after Palmiotti's crap
    It is, but in a good way, i don't agreed with everything that Tieri put there (i never saw Storm as his sister, but others might disagreed), but i think that for the most part, the pacing and charactherization were on point, specially Creed and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Controversial opinion.

I do not like the Whedon era blue and yellow revamp costume.

My personal fav Wolvie suit is the classic yellow and blue one from Giant Sized #1/1992 cartoon but I admit it looks dumb.

I don't see why they always put him in the revamp costume when the old brown and tan suit is easier to draw, makes more sense (it's darker and he is a darker character and it more closely resembles an actual Wolverine animal) and is just bad ass
    Actually most of us here agreed that the dark brown costume is better suited for Logan.

An actual controversial opinion here, would be if you enjoyed Wolverine:Origind by Paul Jenkins, most fans don't seem to like it.

I love the dark brown costume the best. Some updated version of that (maybe without the underpants on the outside look) would be best IMO. But, if they must put him in yellow and blue because Marvel thinks it is more iconic, how about something like his look from the Marvel Strike Force game...

D583555A-C73A-4B67-B927-C1A00AF9B2D4.jpg

I think that looks pretty darn cool.

BANNED

Wolverine can heat up his claws... Just when you think Marvel can't go any dumber, they find a new way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I heard that Wolverine would have new powers... like he can heat up his claws... Just when you think Marvel can't go any dumber, they find a new way. lol
    But man think in all the meat that he can cook with those heated claws .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    But man think in all the meat that he can cook with those heated claws .
    lol that should start with his own... lol the more you think about it, the dumber it gets.

So i just read Wolverine #57 by Hama/Silvestri, man that was a great issue. I'm still glad that Mariko is back, but i understood why it made some people unhappy.