Page 266 of 280 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4192

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

art is good. hope story is. cant wait for this
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    I don't really understand why people suddenly started to accuse Logan of hypocricy after Shism and AvX.I mean,wasn't he always a hypocritical character at his core? A most complex man fighting his dark impulses, making numerous mistakes, while at the same time trying to become something better despite all the horrors in his life. If anything, these contradictions are precisely what makes him one of the most humane, interesting and likable characters. And "Xavier's dream" has far outgrown the person it's named after, so it's not really surprising Logan decided to pursue it.
    I think people didn't like the Logan's holier than thou attitude especially after AVX. The duality of Logan's actions isn't the problem (at least for me I love the fact he's a complex man fighting his dark impulses while trying to be better like you said) but sometimes some writers tried to paint him as someone who always has the moral authority which left a lot to be desired. The character became devoid of any complexity and became a pale shadow of his former self. Unfortunately that's a problem when a character is appearing in many books written by different writers.

About "Xavier's Dream", for me the problem isn't the dream itself because as you said it outgrown Charles Xavier but the way they tried to paint Xavier as a saint after everything he's done in recent years and that basically his dream is as pure as him. I hate what they did to him but I think "Xavier's Dream" just have a negative connotation now, just call it the Dream and that would be okay for me. It's just nitpicking I know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    More art from Return of Wolverine:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...f-wolverine-1/

Amazing art ! Thanks for sharing.

Damn. That art is incredible. As much as I loved McNiven’s old style, his new BWS inspired style might be even better. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I think people didn't like the Logan's holier than thou attitude especially after AVX. The duality of Logan's actions isn't the problem (at least for me I love the fact he's a complex man fighting his dark impulses while trying to be better like you said) but sometimes some writers tried to paint him as someone who always has the moral authority which left a lot to be desired. The character became devoid of any complexity and became a pale shadow of his former self. Unfortunately that's a problem when a character is appearing in many books written by different writers.

About "Xavier's Dream", for me the problem isn't the dream itself because as you said it outgrown Charles Xavier but the way they tried to paint Xavier as a saint after everything he's done in recent years and that basically his dream is as pure as him. I hate what they did to him but I think "Xavier's Dream" just have a negative connotation now, just call it the Dream and that would be okay for me. It's just nitpicking I know lol.

Amazing art ! Thanks for sharing.
    Suddenly i remembered that line of "you killed the only one that mattered", it still make me cringe.

Good start, i'm betting on you Soule, don't dissapoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Suddenly i remembered that line of "you killed the only one that mattered", it still make me cringe.
    Yeah that was so dumb, I hope Northstar wasn't around at the time lol.

Yeah that was so dumb, I hope Northstar wasn't around at the time lol.
    Oh yeah, i wonder if he still piss about what happened in "Enemy of the State", i kind of like to think that Logan forgot about him because his memories came back right after that story and when he saw him again, he mentally say "oh crap" .

Oh yeah, i wonder if he still piss about what happened in "Enemy of the State", i kind of like to think that Logan forgot about him because his memories came back right after that story and when he saw him again, he mentally say "oh crap" .
    Well Logan recruited him on the X-Men during Fraction's run and Jean Paul didn't seem to hold a grudge against him :

Well Logan recruited him on the X-Men during Fraction's run and Jean Paul didn't seem to hold a grudge against him anymore :

Nice to know, i don't remeber much of Fraction run to be honest, wasn't a fan of the Utopia era.

Nice to know, i don't remeber much of Fraction run to be honest, wasn't a fan of the Utopia era.
    Yeah not a fan of this era either, that's when I lost interest in the X-Men franchise.

Yeah not a fan of this era either, that's when I lost interest in the X-Men franchise.
    Thr fact that it lead to Schism and AvX soured this time period for me even more.

Gettin' kind of excited for Logan's return.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Gettin' kind of excited for Logan's return.
    I know I am! And with that stunning McNivens art I can hardly contain myself.

When Marvel gets a DC artist to draw a book for them. (I had to skip a page)

It's a shame that Ferreyra is already off. He's doing Thor now. (Cover)
    Also, Sorrentino was a DC artist too. His art was awesome, too.