Page 267 of 280 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4192

Ironically, both Sorrentino and Ferreyra worked on Green Arrow, the former one with Lemire of all people (althought i pray to the heavens that Ben Percy never gets the chance to write Wolverine, or at least not in a long run), i'm going to miss it, but at least we would have a great Logan vs Bullseye fight .

So i finally ended "The Dark Angel Saga" and i read the AoA Weapon X mini, ironic considering how connected the 2 stories are.

Remender is pretty good for the most part, Deadpool and Wolverine are my favorite parts of the team, in spite of being sort of deutoragonist to Betsy, Warren and Fantomex (they really are the most essential parts of the plot), but Remender does give then good characterizations that more or less respect the story of the characters and the way that issue 18 ends is really great, playing with your emotions in the right way. Issue 9 is still my favorite thought, for very obvious reasons .

Weapon X is a pretty fun Au and is probably the only time that i enjoyed the Jean/Logan pairing, because of the different circumstances in that universe, has great pacing and some interesting concepts, thought i was dissapointed that it didn't show us more about Weapon X and Cyclops, but i should have expected that from a story that isn't really complete.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-05-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    When Marvel gets a DC artist to draw a book for them. (I had to skip a page)

It's a shame that Ferreyra is already off. He's doing Thor now. (Cover)
    Also, Sorrentino was a DC artist too. His art was awesome, too.
    This is really amazing art. I really hope that he will be the artist on a Wolverine(Logan) book.
    Good preview. Looking forward to next weeks OML.

4MFVXev.jpg
    Is incredible how Logan can use a pantyhouse in his head and still keep his dignity.

Also i wish that i had used this in father day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So i finally ended "The Dark Angel Saga" and i read the AoA Weapon X mini, ironic considering how connected the 2 stories are.

Remender is pretty good for the most part, Deadpool and Wolverine are my favorite parts of the team, in spite of being sort of deutoragonist to Betsy, Warren and Fantomex (they really are the most essential parts of the plot), but Remender does give then good characterizations that more or less respect the story of the characters and the way that issue 18 ends is really great, playing with your emotions in the right way. Issue 9 is still my favorite thought, for very obvious reasons .
    The book was amazing. My favorite run ever.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    4MFVXev.jpg
    Is incredible how Logan can use a pantyhouse in his head and still keep his dignity.

Also i wish that i had used this in father day lol.
    Of course he keeps it. I wouldnt feel bad for the guy who makes fun of logan
    X-Men Forever

What are the best Nightcrawler/Wolverine stories? (And before somebody recomend it, i did read the Rucka issue, is pretty awesome).

Also i found kind of funny that Logan gitf to Kurt in his birthday in that Annual #5, was a portrait of himself, i supposed that he was trolling .

Something that i had been thinking for a while now is that when Wolverine comes back and his own solo again, is that they should take note from Priest's Deathstroke, in that book we never get POV boxes of the main characthers, we just had his actions and words to go by and the opinion of his family and associates, giving a sense of danger and unpredictability to Slade, i think that Logan would certanly benefit from that aproach if the idea is bringing bacl to his 80s roots (wich seems to be the case base in Soule's interview and Lemire and Brisson work in OML). This has been kind of done before, Rucka in particular comes to mind, his run wasn't the best but i think than that particular aspect was an smart move on his part.

Any thougths?.

You mean no internal monologue from Logan? No text boxes for him? That’s kind of counter to the ‘ol Canucklehead in his glory days. Especially the 80s. There was tons of internal monologue from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You mean no internal monologue from Logan? No text boxes for him? That’s kind of counter to the ‘ol Canucklehead in his glory days. Especially the 80s. There was tons of internal monologue from him.
    Basically and i know that, is an staple of the genre and the characther, but if they want to bring him back to that status quo again, i think that it would be a nice twist and would help to give him back some of the mystic that many fans feel he has lost.

Spectacular Member

Considering the bias many seem to have that Wolverine is an @$$hole, a psycho, a hypocrite, etc, I believe that the POV box is a great way to get inside the characters's head and show you who he really is. Some of Wolverine's best characterization was done via POV boxes, even back when he was still "mysterious".

There are certain times when I prefer not to have the box overused, or when I would like the box slightly tweaked. I liked it in Death of Wolverine when the box was used for feelings, senses, pain, etc. I also find that in certain situations not having it is useful. If he was on the hunt or berserk he'd be more in the realm of running on instincts and his human thoughts would be less prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Considering the bias many seem to have that Wolverine is an @$$hole, a psycho, a hypocrite, etc, I believe that the POV box is a great way to get inside the characters's head and show you who he really is. Some of Wolverine's best characterization was done via POV boxes, even back when he was still "mysterious".

There are certain times when I prefer not to have the box overused, or when I would like the box slightly tweaked. I liked it in Death of Wolverine when the box was used for feelings, senses, pain, etc. I also find that in certain situations not having it is useful. If he was on the hunt or berserk he'd be more in the realm of running on instincts and his human thoughts would be less prevalent.
    That's more in the fans than In-universe when is kind of inconsistent, i don't really care much for what his haters think to be enougth, usually it amuse me how salty some of then are That being said you make a decent point, althougth you could use a characther expressing a dubious view about what Logan does and that isn't quite sure if he is in the side on the angel, just to cut into an scene when he is clearly doing good deeds througth questionable methods, you could use some of his old friendships that helps him to open up, Kurt is the first one that comes to mind in that regard.

Both takes can be effective and i certanly wouldn't complain about going for a more typical aproach, it might be more benefical in the long run too.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I say keep inner monologes. Exceptl when he goes beserk because i always hated him th7nking when hes like that. But i love thought boxes. It fits in a solo title
    X-Men Forever

That worked for Punisher is Rucka's run. I don't think it'd work for Logan.

Old Man Logan 43 is another great issue but if you haven't read the Bullseye's mini you might be a little lost

spoilers:
    Good pacing, good dialogue and I like the new look of Joy Jones. Brisson writes a really scary Bullseye, he is a crazy psychopath and I can't wait until Logan catch up to him and teach him some manners. The art by Ferreyra is amazing, the guy is a beast between the faces and the layout, his art really suits Brisson script, I love the scene when Logan is thinking about the regenix and when he investigates the crime scene.

I was disappointed when I heard that Bullseye would come back for Logan but frankly it make sense, Brisson is finishing some loose ends right now and it seems there is something else going on with Bullseye.
    end of spoilers

The serie really keeps up the momentum created by the superb Kraven arc and I can't wait to see what's in store for the Old Man.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-11-2018 at 09:12 AM.