Page 270 of 280 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4192

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I read "The Adamantium Men" by Jason Aaron, is a pretty fun story for the most part and it gave me some chuckles for sure, but man the "Laser Claws" was pretty silly, but is still a fun story, feel like an action movie in many parts in a good way, good use of Maverick too (not sure if i like the fact that he sold the Weapon X files, but i give it a pass) and is clear that Aaron did indeed some homework with Logan's continuity.
    Yeah ther're kind of silly but I admit the scene where one of the Adamantium Men shot his claws at Maverick was funny and the arc as a whole was great in my opinion. You're right Aaron knows Wolverine's backstory there are a lot of reference to previous Wolverine stories during his run such as Origin, Weapon X, the Team X saga, the Death of Mariko, Fatal Attractions, etc...
    Speaking of Team X I like his characterization of Maverick and how he used Wraith later during the Hell Saga.

By the way I read Claw of a Killer #3 and well there were some surprises :

spoilers:
    Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed are alive and are working with the Soteira Project ! This weird green object we saw in the first two issues seems to be responsible for turning off the healing factors (even Deathstrike's cybernetic healing factor) of the team.
    Something is off with Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed though, they look kind of "possessed" always repeating the same thing over and over and acting like machine, the same way the "Wolverine" in the first issue was behaving
    end of spoilers

Of course it could just be a red herring spoilers:
    same thing happened during Weapon Lost and I wouldn't be surprised if the cliffhanger at the end of the last issue of Mystery in Madripoor is another red herring too
    end of spoilers but I have to admit those reveals really surprised me.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-18-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah ther're kind of silly but I admit the scene where one of the Adamantium Men shot his claws at Maverick was funny and the arc as a whole was great in my opinion. You're right Aaron knows Wolverine's backstory there are a lot of reference to previous Wolverine stories during his run such as Origin, Weapon X, the Team X saga, the Death of Mariko, Fatal Attractions, etc...
    Speaking of Team X I like his characterization of Maverick and how he used Wraith later during the Hell Saga.

By the way I read Claw of a Killer #3 and well there were some surprises :

spoilers:
    Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed are alive and are working with the Soteira Project ! This weird green object we saw in the first two issues seems to be responsible for turning off the healing factors (even Deathstrike's cybernetic healing factor) of the team.
    Something is off with Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed though, they look kind of "possessed" always repeating the same thing over and over and acting like machine, the same way the "Wolverine" in the first issue was behaving
    end of spoilers

Of course it could just be a red herring spoilers:
    same thing happened during Weapon Lost and I wouldn't be surprised if the cliffhanger at the end of the last issue of Mystery in Madripoor is another red herring too
    end of spoilers but I have to admit those reveals really surprised me.
    Oh yes, the "well, i didn't saw that coming" moment , i also enjoyed the fight in issue 4 when the member of Strikeforce and Logan stop fighting after an school bus pass (see people Logan does think about the children ).

Interesting stuff about Claws of a Killer, definetly didn't saw that coming (i'm convinced that the Wolverine franchise is going througth some sort of "Rebirth" more and more to be honest).

Also kuudos to Aaron for giving Logan a love interest, Melita wasn't the most fascinating one but she was alright and it served as a nice change in the formula for a while (i don't have a problem with Logan having flings, but i can get a bit boring some times).

Oh yes, the "well, i didn't saw that coming" moment , i also enjoyed the fight in issue 4 when the member of Strikeforce and Logan stop fighting after an school bus pass (see people Logan does think about the children ).

Interesting stuff about Claws of a Killer, definetly didn't saw that coming (i'm convinced that the Wolverine franchise is going througth some sort of "Rebirth" more and more to be honest).
    That was a good scene ! Well Soule and Marvel said the Hunt mini are going to create a new statu quo for Logan so it's a good thing. Also judging by the superb quality of some of these new Fresh Start titles (Immortal Hulk, Venom, Amazing Spider-Man) I'm confident Wolverine's fresh start is going to be great too

Also kuudos to Aaron for giving Logan a love interest, Melita wasn't the most fascinating one but she was alright and it served as a nice change in the formula for a while (i don't have a problem with Logan having flings, but i can get a bit boring some times).
    I agree Melita and Logan were really great together ! I liked how every women close to Logan were questioning his sanity for trying to have a stable relationship with her lol. But damn what Mystique did to her and Logan was so shameful.

That was a good scene ! Well Soule and Marvel said the Hunt mini are going to create a new statu quo for Logan so it's a good thing. Also judging by the superb quality of some of these new Fresh Start titles (Immortal Hulk, Venom, Amazing Spider-Man) I'm confident Wolverine's fresh start is going to be great too

I agree Melita and Logan were really great together ! I liked how every women close to Logan were questioning his sanity for trying to have a stable relationship with her lol. But damn what Mystique did to her and Logan was so shameful.
    I had to get back in my reading of Venom, i was pleasently surprised for how good it was, considering that i only lilke Brock as a villain (to be fair Daniel Way set a really low bar there), Marvel is regainning my attention these days, so i hope that whatevwr comes from Hunt would be good for Logan.

I love that issue, especially in how Storm knew quickly what was happening and how he was trying really hard to convince Rogue that she wasn't his girlfriend, just to admit it later lol.

True about Mystique, the worst part is how she raped Logan and send that video to Melita . Did he got revenge on that by the way.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-18-2018 at 03:32 PM.

I had to get back in my reading of Venom, i was pleasently surprised for how good it was, considering that i only lilke Brock as a villain (to be fair Daniel Way set a really low bar there), Marvel is regainning my attention these days, so i hope that whatevwr comes from Hunt would be good for Logan.

I love that issue, especially in how Storm knew quickly what was happening and how he was trying really hard to convince Rogue that she wasn't his girlfriend, just to admit it later lol.
    Well it's Daniel Way he will always find a way to set the bar low no matter which serie he's writing lol. This new Venom serie is really amazing, I can't remenber the last time I was interested in reading Venom. After reading Redneck, God Country, Doctor Strange, Thanos and the recent Cosmic Ghost Rider mini I wouldn't mind seeing Donny Cates as the new writer of the Wolverine relaunch next year

True about Mystique, the worst part is how she raped Logan and send that video to Melita . Did he got revenge on that by the way.
    I don't know if Logan ever got his revenge because I'm not sure if he knows what she did to him. During Bunn's Wolverine run Logan also lost some of his memories after an encounter with Dr. Rot and he couldn't remember Melita at all so that didn't help things either

Mystique really became a despicable character along the years, what she did to Dazzler during Bendis's X-Men run was horrible too.

Edit : I completely forgot but Logan did get his revenge during Wolverine #304 when he crashed Sabretooth's birthday party and beat the living crap of all of his foes (Mystique included).
    Last edited by Hush; 07-19-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Wolverine is in the upcoming Marvel Powers United VR game:

I think this is the first time Steve Blum has gotten to voice Logan in two years.

Well it's Daniel Way he will always find a way to set the bar low no matter which serie he's writing lol. This new Venom serie is really amazing, I can't remenber the last time I was interested in reading Venom. After reading Redneck, God Country, Doctor Strange, Thanos and the recent Cosmic Ghost Rider mini I wouldn't mind seeing Donny Cates as the new writer of the Wolverine relaunch next year

I don't know if Logan ever got his revenge because I'm not sure if he knows what she did to him. During Bunn's Wolverine run Logan also lost some of his memories after an encounter with Dr. Rot and he couldn't remember Melita at all so that didn't help things either

Mystique really became a despicable character along the years, what she did to Dazzler during Bendis's X-Men run was horrible too.

Edit : I completely forgot but Logan did get his revenge during Wolverine #304 when he crashed Sabretooth's birthday party and beat the living crap of all of his foes (Mystique included).
    The saddest thing about Way's Origins is when you get pass the insulting retcons and Daken (i swear that this characther is so edgy that it can cut me with just looking him ), is a pretty dull and boring read, only 10 issues in and i wanted to stop, because i was so damn bored, you would think that discovering Logan's backstory should be at least interesting, YOU WOULD THINK!!!!!, but no is really kind of dull when you get down to it.

Nice to know about Mystique, i still have to end Jason Aaron run.

I finally ended Wolverine vol 3, so i'm going to do a quick rundown.

Rucka: Good run for the most part, i like how he approach to Logan's inner conflict in a different by not using POV boxes, to make you question how good Wolverine really is, the only miss is "The Native" story arc, i keep harping on this, but it feels like a weird remake of the feud between Sabretooth and Wolverine, is really bizarre, the Logan/Creed interactions are fun thougth. The Nightcrawler issue is easily the best too.

Mark Millar: This guy is responsible for the most well regarded Wolverine modern tales, Enemy of the State (i'm counting 20 to 31 here BTW) and Old Man Logan, i enjoy those 2 stories especially for how crazy and visually stunning they are, but there is something about then that it made impossible for me to put then in my favorite list (i'm not sure what it is, i just feel a lack of "meat" to say the least). Prisoner Zero is easily among my favorites one shot Wolverine tales thought.

Stuart Moore and Rob Williamson: Two odd one shot tales, i really don't know what say about then, they didn't strike me as bad, but they werent't good either.

Marc Guggenheim: Fan favorite writer among these boards , his run is bad, but is so stupid that i can't really hate it, i just enjoy how bad it is and how much made me laugh, the artwork is certainly terrible too Ramos and Chakyn are bad, Chakyn in particular gave us Human T-Rex Logan .

Jason Aaron: Get Mystique is crazy fun, although i find the sudden rivalry a tad strange i supposed that Aaron thought that the idea was cool for both being immortals (in relative terms of course), but i don't remember if they hated each other this much before, the done in one issue is fine and A Mile by my Moccasins is pretty good, so overall is good.

Daniel Way and Loeb: They explain for themselves.

More miss than hit sadly, but the good was still great.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-20-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think this is the first time Steve Blum has gotten to voice Logan in two years.
    I always feel that Steve Blum was a good voice for Logan, but the scritp for WaTX didn't do him any favors.

I always feel that Steve Blum was a good voice for Logan, but the scritp for WaTX didn't do him any favors.
    They had top notch voice talent for the show. Steve was fun, and Kari Wahlgren is the definite Emma Frost, and Nolan North is consistently solid, but the writing for Cyclops hurt so badly.

But Steve has a ton of fun voicing Wolverine, so it should be solid again.

The saddest thing about Way's Origins is when you get pass the insulting retcons and Daken (i swear that this characther is so edgy that it can cut me with just looking him, is a pretty dull and boring read, only 10 issues in and i wanted to stop, because i was so damn bored, you would think that discovering Logan's backstory should be at least interesting, YOU WOULD THINK!!!!!, but no is really kind of dull when you get down to it.

Nice to know about Mystique, i still have to end Jason Aaron run.
    Yeah, you think that kind of mystery would be interesting but unfortunately as you said the Wolverine's origins serie was so boring, convoluted and full of dumb retcons. Way really wasn't the good writer for this kind of serie but thanks to him and Alonso we're now stuck with this mess.

I finally ended Wolverine vol 3, so i'm going to do a quick rundown.

Rucka: Good run for the most part, i like how he approach to Logan's inner conflict in a different by not using POV boxes, to make you question how good Wolverine really is, the only miss is "The Native" storyarc, i keep harping on this, but it feels like a weird remake of the feud beetween Sabretooth and Wolverine, is really bizarre, the Logan/Creed interactions are fun thougth. The Nightcrawler issue is easily the best too.

Mark Millar: This guy is responsible for the most well regarded Wolverine modern tales, Enemy of the State (i'm counting 20 to 31 here BTW) and Old Man Logan, i enjoy those 2 stories especially for how crazy and visualñy stunning they are, but there is something about then that it made impossible for me to put then in my favorite list (i'm not sure what it is, i just feel a lack of "meat" to say the least). Prisioner Zero is easily among my favorites one shot Wolverine tales thougth.

Stuart Moore and Rob Williamson: Two odd one shot tales, i really don't know what say about then, they didn't strike me as bad, but they werent't good either.

Marc Guggenheim: Fan favorite writter among these boards, his run is bad, but is so stupid that i can't really hate it, i just enjoy how bad it is and how much made me laugth, the artwork is certaly terrible too Ramos and Chakyn are terrible, Chakyn in particular gave us Human T-Rex Logan.

Jason Aaron: Get Mystique is crazy fun, althougth i find the sudden rivalry a tad strange i supposed that Aaron thougth that the idea was cool for both being immortals (in relative terms of course), but i don't remember if they hated eacth other this much before, the done in one issue is fine and A Mile by my Moccasins is pretty good, so overall is good.

Daniel Way and Loeb: They explain for thenselves.

More miss than hit sadly, but the good was still great.
    I mostly agree with your analysis but I still love Millar's run, it's just so good !!! These scenes from his run always gives me chills :

I remember when the Old Man Logan story was released, at the time I was so fed up with Daniel Way nonsense and his butchering of the Wolverine mythos, I was losing interest in Wolverine and the X-Men universe as a whole. But when I heard that Millar was back I said to myself "hey let's give him a chance" and honestly Millar showed everyone how it's done, how you write a great Wolverine story ! I can't tell you how happy I was lol.

I must be a little biased when it comes to Millar but he's the one who make me and a lot of other fans care about Wolverine again, so for that I will always be grateful to him. Of course I can understand why some parts of his run can be problematic for some people (especially nowadays) but I don't know for me it was and it's still so fun.

Even Garth Ennis who doesn't like Wolverine at all was hooked by the Enemy of the State storyline, that's quite a feat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They had top notch voice talent for the show. Steve was fun, and Kari Wahlgren is the definite Emma Frost, and Nolan North is consistently solid, but the writing for Cyclops hurt so badly.

But Steve has a ton of fun voicing Wolverine, so it should be solid again.
    Thanks for the info Frontier ! And I agree with all of you Blum is so great as voicing Wolverine, he also did a lot of other video game voices, I love him as Ares in the God of War serie and as Zadornov in Metal Gear Peace Walker too.

By the way the preview of Old Man Logan #44 is up : http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-man-logan-44/

Another character from the Bullseye mini shows up and damn Lester is really scary !
    Last edited by Hush; 07-20-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thanks for the teaser Digifiend ! Mcniven art look amazing here, it looks like the shoulder pads and the old boots design are back lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-20-2018 at 07:53 AM.

By the way the preview of Old Man Logan #44 is up : http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-man-logan-44/

Another character from the Bullseye mini shows up and damn Lester is really scary !
    Bullseye in that preview reminds me of how Deadpool used to be written in the 90s.