Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280 LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4192

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Attachment 68964

Lol, i love how Imonen made that reference about Emma and Butter Rum, i guest than this is Logan's revenge for all those times that she said that he smell like a wet dog
    That was a really nice mini, that scene you posted was great! My favourite was the one where Logan buys Jubilee her old house :

That was nice!

So i finally ended Aaron's run in the main Wolverine eeries, from the Dr Rot arc to the Back in Japan storyline (i'm counting his Weapon X stuff as part of it) and boy talk about uneven quality.

The next two arcs from Adamantium Men are pretty good, for the most part, Dr Rot didn't do much for me but it was good to see how Logan came out of that by looking for Melita and how he Psylocke and Kurt appeared to help him, #10 was just gold. The Deathlook arc feel like Wolverine being plunged into some sort of Terminator movie, but it was fun enough, Aaron's sense humor makes the whole pretty easy going in spite of the dramatic plot, the last issue as a requiem for Kurt's death was probably the best one, i don't like how Aaron writes Logan sometimes, but i think that he got the right idea in his relation with Nightcrawler.

As for what it comes next..., Wolverine Goes To Hell is pretty interesting, i like the sense of scale that he tried to add by making Hellverine attack everyone related to Logan (poor Wraith thought and according to wikipedia he hasn't appeared again after that), bonus points for using Amiko, it had a couple of WTF moments like Logan crucifying the devil with his Bone Claws and Mariko is in hell too?, thanks for that Aaron, but whatever, is mostly an enjoyable, full of really crazy stuff, my favorite scene was Logan telling to his biologic to f&^$ himself.

The Revenge arc is iffy, i guest that in his own way was the prelude to Schism and it sort of make Logan's desire for not using children in combat after that, but man the whole thing feel like a waste of time with a very unsatisfying result, IMHO, it didn't help that the Red Right Hand and the Mongrels aren't exactly fascinating antagonist, they pretty meh frankly, althought the idea of taught him Logan a lesson about not having his revenge is a pretty interesting one, so i give then that.

Goodbye Chinatown and Back in Japan is when i think that Aaron started to go more for a comedic/action route with the whole thing, maybe to make it more similar to the WatXM ongoing?, those stories are pretty mixed overall, they made laught some times for the absurdity and others just made me cringe, Back in Japan in particular (that final scene with Melita and Serah was so weird), the inconsistent artwork didn't help it, as his finale it has some nice moments, but i feel that he was really getting tired of writting the series.

So, in general, is a mix of good moments and ideas, combined with other things that i'm not fond of, so i can't really say if it was good or bad, just.... uneven, is just a weird middle ground for me, maybe it just didn't go into it with the right mood.
    Yeah Aaron's run is really uneven, he should have left after Wolverine's revenge to be honest, even the Japan Most Wanted mini that he co-wrote with Latour was just average. The ending of his run on the Wolverine ongoing was so rushed, same for the art unfortunately.

Interview with Charles Soule:
    https://www.cbr.com/return-of-wolver...iew-hot-claws/

and some art

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post

and some art

Wow! Thanks for the pics and for the link that's some amazing art! I see that Logan is channelling his Inner Steve McQueen, he's really the best there is

Edit: These quotes from the interview are really intriguing :

"The decisions Logan makes in RoW become more interesting when viewed through the lens of DoW, and HfW gives you a good sense of the backdrop to the RoW story."

"So, I’d say it like this – if you can only read one thing, read Return. if you can read two things, read Death and Return. Three, read Return, Death and Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends."

"It’s an action book built around a mystery, almost a horror feel. Wolverine’s return to the land of the living is not easy. In fact, the first chapter is titled “Hell.”

Now maybe the "real" Wolverine will show up in Dead Ends and the whole Hunt saga is really here to show us what kind of foe Logan will go against in Return of Wolverine. In any case I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hush; 08-03-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That was a really nice mini, that scene you posted was great! My favourite was the one where Logan buys Jubilee her old house :

That was nice!

Yeah Aaron's run is really uneven, he should have left after Wolverine's revenge to be honest, even the Japan Most Wanted mini that he co-wrote with Latour was just average. The ending of his run on the Wolverine ongoing was so rushed, same for the art unfortunately.
    I think than thay scene is for Brian Wood X-Men, not this mini actually, but i agreed it was a nice scene #Loganforbestuncle .

Man the artwork in Back in Japan really annoyed me, i agreed that he should have left after Revenge, i really feel that he lost interest after that, even if i'm not the biggest fan of that arc, BYW Hush what did you think about it when it came out?, especially with the amount of times that people bring that story to criticize him, just curious about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post

and some art

Thanks for the post man, it does sound interesting, i saw Soule twitter the other day and i love how be responded to the Hot Claws controversy lol. It doesn't much that hadn't figured out, exce0t for Storm inclusion, makes sense considering their relationship before his death. I wonder if they would explain how Cornelius was alive in Death of Wolverine.

I think than thay scene is for Brian Wood X-Men, not this mini actually, but i agreed it was a nice scene #Loganforbestuncle .

Man the artwork in Back in Japan really annoyed me, i agreed that he should have left after Revenge, i really feel that he lost interest after that, even if i'm not the biggest fan of that arc, BYW Hush what did you think about it when it came out?, especially with the amount of times that people bring that story to criticize him, just curious about your opinion.
    Oops my mistake But yeah Logan is the best uncle!!!! Yeah the art during Back in Japan was really annoying, Marvel should have let Adam Kubert draw the whole thing.

About Revenge? Well the art was great and the flashback scenes were really good too (nice use of Wolverine's continuity by Aaron) but the whole story felt flat for me, even the twist was kind of obvious and it was already used by Aaron a year before in the "Immortal Weapon Fat Cobra" story. Now the Red Right Hand's plan was cruel and completely messed up, how each member was linked to Wolverine in some way was nice (especially the kid) and how they managed to "beat" Wolverine was impressive.

The problem for me was the Mongrels, when you look at them you know they're related to Logan in some way (and Logan should have smell it) but there is no emotional impact to their death, basically you don't care about them they're just here to be slaughter by Logan and nothing else. If Aaron had given a backstory to each of them as interesting as the one he gave to the members of the Red Right Hand, it would have been so much better because it would have strengthened his story and the final twist would have had a bigger emotional impact on the readers but alas it didn't happen.

That means the story is lacking depth and it's disappointing because I know Aaron is much better than that (his Scalped serie is amazing) so in the end the story was a disappointment especially because Aaron did a really great buildup since the "Wolverine goes to Hell" saga but the payoff wasn't worth it and well the stories that followed this arc were even less impressive.

So what happened to the i'll do anything for Soteria Wolverine, he only seems to be giving Soteria assault rifle rounds to the cranium, by the dozen.

Oops my mistake But yeah Logan is the best uncle!!!! Yeah the art during Back in Japan was really annoying, Marvel should have let Adam Kubert draw the whole thing.

About Revenge? Well the art was great and the flashback scenes were really good too (nice use of Wolverine's continuity by Aaron) but the whole story felt flat for me, even the twist was kind of obvious and it was already used by Aaron a year before in the "Immortal Weapon Fat Cobra" story. Now the Red Right Hand's plan was cruel and completely messed up, how each member was linked to Wolverine in some way was nice (especially the kid) and how they managed to "beat" Wolverine was impressive.

The problem for me was the Mongrels, when you look at them you know they're related to Logan in some way (and Logan should have smell it) but there is no emotional impact to their death, basically you don't care about them they're just here to be slaughter by Logan and nothing else. If Aaron had given a backstory to each of them as interesting as the one he gave to the members of the Red Right Hand, it would have been so much better because it would have strengthened his story and the final twist would have had a bigger emotional impact on the readers but alas it didn't happen.

That means the story is lacking depth and it's disappointing because I know Aaron is much better than that (his Scalped serie is amazing) so in the end the story was a disappointment especially because Aaron did a really great buildup since the "Wolverine goes to Hell" saga but the payoff wasn't worth it and well the stories that followed this arc were even less impressive.
    Man i wish that Kubert would have drawn the whole arc, the worst was Dillon for me, it gave me flashbsck for Origins by Way, that isn't good.

Thanks for your thougths i thougth the same when i read the story, granted i knew the twist since the beggining because peopme really like to bring up that story arc, but i had to agreed, i wouldn't mind if this story is retconned to be honest, the Mongrels in particular fell more lile cyphers than actual characthers, so the final twist just doesn't hit any emotional spot for me, hell one of the Mongrels talks aboutnhow Logan screwed then over, but we never got to see any of that, wasted opportunity if you ask me.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-03-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    So what happened to the i'll do anything for Soteria Wolverine, he only seems to be giving Soteria assault rifle rounds to the cranium, by the dozen.
    I think that Soteira's Wolverine is an attemp to introduce X-24 as part of Wolverine's Rogues (other posters already suggested something similar), as Hush said, i think that Hunt is mean to be as story that stablished his characther, i bet that the Wolverine than we saw being stopped by that woman (probably Persephone), is the Soteira's version. What intrigues me the most is what Logan is actually doing in order to stop this,.considering that he has been keeping himself in a low profile recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Well as TheCape said there is the possibility that the "Wolverine" we saw during the Hunt isn't the real one but something else. The Wolverine we saw in the Hunt one shot, Weapon Lost and Claws of a Killer is completely different than the one we saw in Marvel Legacy/Where is Wolverine/Infinity Countdown Prime and X-Men Gold #30. One is completely insane and bloodthirsty while the other Logan is acting like his normal self.

Also the timeline doesn't fit, Wolverine can't be controlled by Soteira and at the same time travelling around the world with a space stone. So something is not right and the last issue of Adamantium Agenda next week might give us another piece of the puzzle about what is happening with Logan.

Man i wish that Lubert would have dranw the whole arc, the worst was Dillon for me, it gave me flashbsck for Origins by Way, that isn't good.

Thanks for your thougths i thougth the same when i read the story, granted i knew the twist since the beggining because peopme reañññy like to bring up that story arc, but i had to agreed, i wouldn't mind if this story is retconned to be honest, the Mongrels in particular fell more lile cyphers than actual characthers, so the final twist just doesn't hit any emotional spot for me, hell one of the Mongrels talks aboutnhow Logan screwed then over, but we never got to see any of that, wasted opportunity if you ask me.
    You're welcome Ah I thought the same thing about Dillon, it gave me flashbacks of Origins

Yeah some people love to mention this story to show how much of a monster Logan is, what's funny is that most of the time they also forgot to mention that the one who send them to their death is also another son of Wolverine lol. But seriously the Mongrels were a wasted opportunity unfortunately and just some cannon fodder in the end.

Well it's always possible to retcon them and it could make for a great story but who knows if a writer wants to bother with this story again lol.

Well as TheCape said there is the possibility that the "Wolverine" we saw during the Hunt isn't the real one but something else. The Wolverine we saw in the Hunt one shot, Weapon Lost and Claws of a Killer is completely different than the one we saw in Marvel Legacy/Where is Wolverine/Infinity Countdown Prime and X-Men Gold #30. One is completely insane and bloodthirsty while the other Logan is acting like his normal self.

Also the timeline doesn't fit, Wolverine can't be controlled by Soteira and at the same time travelling around the world with a space stone. So something is not right and the last issue of Adamantium Agenda next week might give us another piece of the puzzle about what is happening with Logan.

You're welcome Ah I thought the same thing about Dillon, it gave me flashbacks of Origins

Yeah some people love to mention this story to show how much of a monster Logan is, what's funny is that most of the time they also forgot to mention that the one who send them to their death is also another son of Wolverine lol. But seriously the Mongrels were a wasted opportunity unfortunately and just some cannon fodder in the end.

Well it's always possible to retcon them and it could make for a great story but who knows if a writer wants to bother with this story again lol.
    Yup, again, i really wonder what Logan is doing to stop this and maybe this isn't exactly clone, magic could be involved in the creation of the Soteira Wolverine, Soule interview make me really think about something supernatural being part at all this.

Or how he was tricked into doing or how they attacked first and weren't exaclty innocent people considering what they did before Logan fougth then, not surprise about Daken thougth, Draco In Leather Pants at his finest .
    Edit: Not saying that he is blameless, but people should remember the ocntext.
    I think that this story should quitely go to the same place that Feral "No Nose" Wolverine went lol, a wasted opportunity frankly, i don't even know how you could approach it, becuase everything was basically tied up.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-03-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Yup, again, i really wonder what Logan is doing to stop this and maybe this isn't exactly clone, magic could be involved in the creation of the Soteira Wolverine, Soule interview make me really think about something supernatural being part at all this.

Or how he was tricked into doing or how they attacked first and weren't exaclty innocent people considering what they did before Logan fougth then, not surprise about Daken thougth, Draco In Leather Pants at his finest .
    I think that this story should quitely go to the same place that Feral "No Nose" Wolverine went lol, a wasted opportunity frankly, i don't even know how you could approach it, becuase everything was basically tied up.
    Something is really strange with this Wolverine, Sinister might be involved or as you said maybe it's something supernatural. So true about the "Draco In Leather Pants" trope that's just pure hypocrisy but yeah it's not really surprising especially on this forum lol.

Well a writer can retcon this story by saying it was a big lie and someone was just messing with Logan's mind but you might be right and it will be forgotten just like the "noseless Wolverine" saga. The only time this story was mentioned was during Original Sin when Nick Fury told Captain America about what Wolverine did but that was because it was written by Aaron again.

It's like the Silver Fox Retcon, almost everyone forgot about it lol.

Something is really strange with this Wolverine, Sinister might be involved or as you said maybe it's something supernatural. So true about the "Draco In Leather Pants" trope that's just pure hypocrisy but yeah it's not really surprising especially on this forum lol.

Well a writer can retcon this story by saying it was a big lie and someone was just messing with Logan's mind but you might be right and it will be forgotten just like the "noseless Wolverine" saga. The only time this story was mentioned was during Original Sin when Nick Fury told Captain America about what Wolverine did but that was because it was written by Aaron again.

It's like the Silver Fox Retcon, almost everyone forgot about it lol.
    Yeah, the "Hell" is what make me suspect that some sort of supernatural force is in the works, not mentioning why Logan has an Infinity Gem (maybe this have to do with those Dopelangers from Infinity War ).

Aldo Ferro was messing with Logan again, i'm sure that someone remember him lol.

True about that, everytime that they bring that story again, nobody mention that, i guest that the shame is too big

Double post, damn this forum.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-03-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Just a friendly reminder that Logan gave up his infinity stone. Black Widow currently has it. That being said I am so excited for this book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.