Page 4 of 280 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyLovin View Post
    I know exactly the one you're talking about. Cannonball was with him at the time. That's an awesome panel.
    Really makes the current series make absolutely no sense, as IIRC that panel was from a previous arc where Logan's healing factor wasn't working. And he's willing to go toe-to-toe with the JUGGERNAUT (bitch)!

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Really makes the current series make absolutely no sense, as IIRC that panel was from a previous arc where Logan's healing factor wasn't working. And he's willing to go toe-to-toe with the JUGGERNAUT (bitch)!
    Yeah. It wasn't too long after he got the adamantium ripped out, but before Genesis tried to re-bond the adamantium to Wolvie's bones. He was a crazy sumbitch even then, without the healing at 100%, which…yeah…makes us take a look at the current status quo and go "HUH?! WTF?"
    Last edited by ScruffyLovin; 05-04-2014 at 06:24 AM.

BANNED

Wolverine is awesome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Wolverine is awesome!
    Awesome, cool and courageous.

It actually happens in Wolverine's solo title. Issue #6 of Cornell's first run on the series.
    Thanks, for the info!
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.

Yeah. It wasn't too long after he got the adamantium ripped out, but before Genesis tried to re-bond the adamantium to Wolvie's bones. He was a crazy sumbitch even then, without the healing at 100%, which…yeah…makes us take a look at the current status quo and go "HUH?! WTF?"
    Exactly, he was still kick ass then but now he's also afraid of guns and being killed. Kind of awkward for a beefy dude (even if he's a runt).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Awesome, cool and courageous.
    Wolverine is ubiquitous and will always be.

BANNED

What do you think about the Wolverine which performs Hugh Jackman?

I love Jackman as Wolverine

I love Jackman as Wolverine, the whole height thing be damned. And he's worked damn hard to bulk up and become the character. It's a shame that he recently said that the next Wolverine movie is "99.9% likely" to be his last outing as the character. On a positive note, however, they seem to be leaning towards adapting 'Old Man Logan', which is one of my favorite Wolverine stories of the modern era (the other notable modern favorite being Rick Remender's 'Uncanny X-Force' run and Logan's portrayal throughout).

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...eenwriter.html

It'll have to be heavily tweaked, with other characters subbing out the Marvel Studios characters to make it work (e.g., Wendigo for Hulk, Old Johnny Storm for Old Clint Barton, perhaps Omega Red for Red Skull, etc.), but I think it can be done with the core of the story staying intact.

As for Wolverine as a character, he's long been a favorite of mine and is actually the character I credit with getting me into comics in a big way in the early 90s. Like a lot of boys, I grew up loving superheroes. Superman, Batman, Captain America, He-Man and Spider-man...later Thundercats and Ninja Turtles...and I'd pick up the occasional comic at the grocery store when I went with my mom, but mostly I knew them through cartoons. But then one day I picked up an issue of Todd McFarlane's 'Spider-man' series which guest-starred Wolverine. Instantly I was hooked and wanted to know more about this guy. So I went to the local comic shop and bought X-men #1 which had recently come out and a whole bunch of back issues of X-men and Wolverine comics. The rest is history.

So it feels like the end of an era for me with the news that Marvel is killing him and taking him off the board this fall (at least for awhile). But in light of the way they've treated him over the past decade (Old Man Logan and Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1 being notable exceptions), it may be for the best. Hopefully he goes out as he lived, the baddest of the bad motherf@#$ers.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-05-2014 at 11:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    What do you think about the Wolverine which performs Hugh Jackman?

I love Jackman as Wolverine

The Wolverine was awesome. I actually love the two Wolverine films.

I love Jackman as Wolverine. He's as much Wolverine as RDJ is Iron Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I love Jackman as Wolverine. He's as much Wolverine as RDJ is Iron Man.
    I love Hugh as Wolverine too but sometimes I want another younger actor to play as Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I still like that pic of Logan and the Juggernaut where Logan is standing on the bar iirc and has his claws in front of Marko's face, says everything that you need to know about Logan really...
    Oh I love that one too. Love that he defends Sam like that. If we're both thinking of this one:

If so it's from Wolverine #93:

Back in the days when he was written in character to be an utterly fearless badass in the face of bullies and creeps. (Man, I can't wait for Cornell's run to be over and retconned out of existence.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I love Hugh as Wolverine too but sometimes I want another younger actor to play as Wolverine.
    They're going to have to make a decision how they want to approach Wolverine in future films sooner or later, especially now that Jackman has given his "99.9% certainty" his next time out is his last.

I've mentioned in other threads that Fox recasting is going to be a much dicier proposition than, say, the decision to recast Terrence Howard as Rhodey; Howard only got the one appearance before being replaced by Don Cheadle, so there wasn't AS much controversy among the fans since he didn't really have time to settle in. And by comparison, all you need to do is look at the outcry over the recasting of Batman (the vitriol is as much over the fact that Bale isn't returning as it is that Affleck is taking over). Jackman IS Wolverine to a lot of film-goers, and obviously even those who didn't like the movies have quite overwhelmingly acknowledged that he pretty much owned the role.

It will be interesting to see how they approach things in future films. It sounds like DoFP is at the very least going to soft-reboot the "present day" part of the franchise (at the very least X3 is more or less out by Word of God, but they haven't been very clear whether it will wipe out X1 and X2 as well), however Jackman's involvement means they can't really use that to justify a recast, so that seems to leave them with these options:

1) Don't recast. Whatever film is Jackman's last, have it be the end of Wolverine until either Fox decides to do a hard reboot of the whole franchise, or Marvel gets back the rights and starts over making them part of the MCU.
    2) Don't recast. Whatever film is Jackman's last will be the end of Wolverine, however introduce another character that can fill Logan's role (this is my favorite as it makes for a good reason to bring in X-23).
    3) Recast, and find an in-story explanation for it (mind transfer, Logan gets deaged, whatever).
    4) Recast, and just ignore it altogether (at most a minor meta reference to acknowledge the change).

Jackman is Wolverine period. Crazy that the older he gets the more he looks like Wolverine. I also think his 99.9% done is more a bargaining tactic. And if I'm fox I'm countering with a two movie deal.

On a side note if you're into lifting the I highly recommend the Wolverine workout. I'm seeing crazy results and I'mno newbee been lifting since high school.