Default GI Joe #3 Preview/Discussion

Due out tomorrow, 12/18 -

A dangerous mission with unintended consequences will divide the new members of the G.I. Joe team and hammer home just how lethal their new mission is. Meanwhile, Cobra comes closer to wiping out all resistance to its rule!

From here, there be spoilers. (Because it doesn't make sense to do a whole new spoiler thread in a quieter forum.)

Another enjoyable issue, though I'm hoping to see some consequences to Roadblock's actions.

It's not that his taking the humanitarian view in this instance isn't sympathetic. If that last supply truck didn't make it through, it wasn't just Cobra goons that would be left starving and without medicine or even just adults who made their own decision to throw in with Cobra, it'd be kids who never had any say in the matter.

But it doesn't balance out. Because Roadblock's choice didn't come down to a binary - either I live and everyone eats, or I die in the attempt. There's also "I live and Cobra interrogates me until I break, then put a bullet in my head and go crush the last of the last remaining resistance."

That's not a complaint. I like Roadblock as a character in most iterations of GI Joe, and I liked that we got more insight into how this version thinks and where his values are. But I'm definitely siding with Frontier on this particular argument.