Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    What if Emma Frost joined the X-Men when she was 14 right after they rescued her from Magneto when he took her out of the asylum and tried to use her to wipe the minds of humans in Cerebro. What if instead of Charles Xavier sticking her back in the asylum where she shouldn't have been, instead she became a member of the X-Men long before she ever even knew what the Hellfire Club was.

I personally think Emma and Jean would have ended up best friends and I doubt they would ever compete. Emma was a far different person at 14 and she may have ended up with Hank or Warren instead. Hank because of his intelligence would probably have had an appeal for someone like Emma who was a bit of a nerd at that age.
    Since Emma would never encounter the title of White Queen in this What If, what would her X-codename have been in this case? The "Silencer" alias of her "Marvel Adventures" self could work, but it's got nothing to do with her here.

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a "What If the Summers Family Were Never Attacked and Separated by the Shi'ar?"
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I would love to read that story.
    It started here, and then turned into this. I honestly think Kitty Pryde is FAR MORE INTERESTING as a reformed villain.

I'm fond of the "What If Magik became Sorcerer Supreme?" myself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It depends if the gene is dominant or recessive…
    Yeah, if dominant, anyone with a single mutant X-chromosome (male or female) could be a mutant, and a woman could get *two* mutant X-chromosomes, and perhaps be a 'double mutant.' If recessive, then a man could never be a mutant, since he'd only ever have one X-chromosome, although he could be a latent 'carrier' and his daughters would inherit said X-chromosome (although they'd only be mutants if they got a 2nd mutant X-chromosome from their mother).

Running with this 'What If' scenario, I wonder what it would be like if the Marvel mutants not only were all women, but also only the pre-existing mutant women, and no 'lady versions of dudes.' So the X-Team/New Mutants/Generation X/Academy X/etc. would include Jean Grey, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Dazzler, Psylocke, Polaris, Emma Frost, Sage, Domino / Wolfsbane, Moonstar, Karma, Magma, Magik, Boom-Boom, Skids / Monet, Husk, Penance / Wind-Dancer, Surge, Wallflower, Mercury, Dust, Loa, Bling!, Pixie, X-23/Frenzy, Sabra, Firestar, Sunpyre, etc. No girl versions of Cyclops or Colossus or Iceman or Magneto or Apocalypse. (There kind of already are 'girl versions' of Wolverine, Xavier and Sinister...)

What if only female mutants experienced secondary and additional mutations?

Seems like a solid compromise that gives plebs their males but makes females incredibly more interesting and powerful.

Should I make the "only females can have mutant powers" a seperate thread?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Should I make the "only females can have mutant powers" a seperate thread?
    I'm down for a theoretical conversation. So far the only mutants with distinct secondary mutations are females.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

What If? Morrison got to use Colossus like he wanted, instead of Emma Frost

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Yes. YES!!!

While theoretically this would mean Emma will not survive the Genosha genocide, maybe it can be established that she was someplace else. Or maybe the Gen-X situation never deteriorated as badly under the "Counter-X" label, that she and her students end up watching the calamity on the news instead.

TBH, my opinion on Emma getting the Diamond form runs from ambivalence to vehement DISLIKE. It just seemed to reinforce her jerk-assity due to its symbolizing that her nature is unbreakable and unchanging. I think if Emma got that secondary power in the lead-up to Gen-X (Phalanx Covenant), she probably would not have been likable for me in that title.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-18-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    What if Wolverine became Captain Canada effectively he'd still be The Wolverine but of course he's wear a Maple leave and rocked the Whole Symbol of Canada get up. Different set of adventures completely.
    I was thinking of something similar like What If Logan/Wolverine was apart of the the Invaders during WWII

Other Ideas:
    What If Hope was never born

What If The Hellfire Club legally bought Genosha

What If Mr. Sinister joined the Masters of Evil

What If Wanda and Pietro were still Magneto's children

What If Magik was never kidnapped and never learned magic

What If The Stepford Cuckoos came from Jean's DNA instead of Emma

BANNED

What if Mojo created the X-Men.

What if the X-Men killed Xavier and Magneto.

What if mutants never existed.

What if sentinels and mutants swapped roles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What If Magik was never kidnapped and never learned magic
    Ooh, I'd like to see an AU version of Ilyanna who acts more like action-movie Blink (or Void, from Incredibles 2), zipping into and out of her stepping disks, and not swinging a sword around or using squiffily-defined magic. The teleportals thing is such a cool visual, and can be dynamic as hell, plus she could find other uses for them, creating a tiny disk above an area to spy on them from above, by peeking through it, for instance, or punch someone thirty feet away by making a disk just big enough for her fist to pass through appear next to their head.

For that matter, I'd also like to see an AU version of Rogue who relies entirely on her own mutant power, and doesn't have Carol Danver's powers to fall back on. Presumably, actually using the power regularly, she might even have learned to control it. Lacking flight, super-strength and invulnerability, she'd have to be far more physical and nimble, avoiding attacks until she can close in for a touch that wipes out one foe, and equips her with whatever abilities they had, for a short time, which would make every fight different for her. She whaps a Purifier, and well, that's one dude out of the fight, at least, even if she didn't get any powers out of the deal, but wait, he knew something useful, like where their secret lair is...

What If The Stepford Cuckoos came from Jean's DNA instead of Emma
    Ooh, that could be awesome. Sinister, obsessed with Jean's genes, as always, has a sad that she's all dead and stuff, and craps out a bunch of teen Jean clones, which, being Jean and not Emma, promptly scoff at the whole 'let's all dress and act creepily alike' idea, and deliberately look as different from each other as possible, embracing different extremes of core Jean's own persona, with a leather-clad shaven-head tattooed 'bad girl' at one extreme and a modest but stylish dress-wearing school-marmish 'good girl' at the other extreme.

Jean's great for AU's and What Ifs.

What if Jean, after breaking Mastermind's tiny mind, *stayed in the Hellfire Club* and did not return to the X-Men (or go to die on the moon), becoming a recurring X-Man villain?

What if Jean stayed dead, and the reunion tour of X-Factor was Scott, Hank, Bobby, Warren and Lorna?

What if ANAD was Collective Man, Skein, LightBright, El Aguila, Black Tom, Wild Child

What if Phoenix (the one who blew up broccoli planet) really was Jean Grey?

What if mutants faced no real prejudice (other than the kind that usually affects Marvel heroes)?

What if ALL superhumans (including Captain America, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, etc.) were mutants?

What if Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch joined the X-Men instead of the Avengers?

What if Apocalypse didn't wake up sooner after Legion killed the young Charles Xavier?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

1. What if Synch never died?

2. What if the Phoenix Force had appeared to Susan Storm instead in FF #1?

3. What if the Silver Surfer and Galactus first encountered the X-Men instead of the Fantastic Four?

4. What if Proteus possessed Owen Reece, the Molecule Man before the first Secret Wars?

5. What if Master Mold had stolen Doctor Doom's Time Machine?

6. What if Storm was Odin's daughter?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin